PDA

View Full Version : Stress

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
To what extent can stress effect hair growth? Trying to get my hair to grow as fast and as healthily as possible always has me asking, does me being so emotional restrict the growth of my hair? :confused:

Maktub
January 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
To what extent can stress effect hair growth? Trying to get my hair to grow as fast and as healthily as possible always has me asking, does me being so emotional restrict the growth of my hair? :confused:

it definitively does.

Extreme stress can actually lead to major shedding and even sometimes even permanent loss of hair on the whole body (ex. in some tragic situations causing extreme stress levels - rare, but happens).

Any stress reduces hair growth to some level.

:meditate:

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I look at it this way: it can't help your hair growth. I'd look at the bigger picture and ask what DOES emotional stress contribute to? And the list is long and nothing anyone should wish for.

Take care of yourself because it's what's good for you. You deserve to be happy, healthy, and reasonably stress free.

Good luck, I hope you feel better.

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
So to maximize hair growth you would have to be happy all of the time? :3

Maktub
January 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM

In the best of worlds, yes. That would be nice :D But that's utopic. Absence of stress doesn't mean being happy either. Happy things can cause some stress... everythings causes some amount of stress...

What IS realist, though, is to learn stress management tips to use when you feel tensed negatively, so that stress goes down and never builds up so much that is can cause problems to your health (mental and physicial). (ex. by meditation, sports, yoga, sleeping enough, conscious breathing, arts, praying, dancing, etc etc)

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM

If I say yes, will you be happy all the time? If so - then YES!

InkBones
January 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I can only share my experiences. As far as I know, it can make quite a blow. At one point in my life, due to some school issues, I experienced massive shedding due to stress. I was probably losing two to three times more of what is considered normal daily. It took me around six months to recover. As for actual growth speed, I have been experiencing stress for the past month, and my average growth rate of around an inch/month has halved. I am also an incredibly emotional person. The best thing to do would be to find an outlet. I use art and painting as a stress relieving mechanism.

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM
If I say yes, will you be happy all the time? If so - then YES!

Ahahaha, if only it was that easy :')

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I can only share my experiences. As far as I know, it can make quite a blow. At one point in my life, due to some school issues, I experienced massive shedding due to stress. I was probably losing two to three times more of what is considered normal daily. It took me around six months to recover. As for actual growth speed, I have been experiencing stress for the past month, and my average growth rate of around an inch/month has halved. I am also an incredibly emotional person. The best thing to do would be to find an outlet. I use art and painting as a stress relieving mechanism.

I normally have my drums to be able to relieve the stress, but they are currently inaccessible so I guess it's just my diary that is my outlet :/

Madora
January 13th, 2012, 04:42 PM
If you can avoid some of the stress (not always possible, of course) that would be a good start.

Just try and eat healthy and exercise a little (moderate walking every day, for instance).

Get plenty of rest.

Your hair only grows at a certain rate per month and nothing you can do can hurry the process.

Good luck!

Viscountess
January 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Try Meditation - it worked for NickySixx it can work for you!

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Eating healthily and getting exercise isn't a problem......sleeping however, I do have my insomniac moments :rolleyes:

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Do you drink soda? When I give up soda; I feel physically better which makes me feel emotionally better.

PurusNox
January 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Do you drink soda? When I give up soda; I feel physically better which makes me feel emotionally better.

The occasional mountain dew, but apart from that I normally just have water :)

blondie9912
January 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
If you can avoid some of the stress (not always possible, of course) that would be a good start.

Just try and eat healthy and exercise a little (moderate walking every day, for instance).

Get plenty of rest.

Your hair only grows at a certain rate per month and nothing you can do can hurry the process.

Good luck!

Very good advice. I'm quite stressed as well as a result of school, so I try little things to make me feel better. It's all about healthy routines. For example, upon waking up I do 10 minutes of exercise (squats, stretching, pushups- just simple stuff) and drink a tall class of water. I also try and go for a half hour long walk every night.