PDA

View Full Version : decided to go back to chin length graduated bob

lady G
July 15th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Hi just poppiing in to say I have been trying to grow my hair yet again lol the fringe is coming along well and I am still going to persevere with it! but as for the rest I feel happier with it in a bob and have decided to get it cut back to chin length. It hadn't got a whole lot past chin length anyway and its too fine I have very fine hair and it just doesn't suit being long it gets too wispy looking and flat and personally I prefer shorter with more volume. I will still pop on here though as I enjoy the site and get tips for healthy hair from all you experts :)

Silver & Gold
July 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I understand about the hairtype. My daughter is the same. As much as i would like to grow her hair really long, it just isn't happening. Her terminal length is quite short, her hair is thin and fine. It breaks easy.
The best I can do is to try to baby it along and keep it not much longer than chin length.
The thing is . . . this is long for her hair type because if she never got another haircut her hair would still not be much longer than about shoulder-length.
You still belong. I find this community is about growing long, healthy hair. Whatever long is for you. I agree about the volume thing. Once my hair gets near enough to terminal that it starts getting thin and wispy looking, I will cut and maintain it at a level just above that.
I have no idea what that will be for me as I've never had my hair much longer than it is right now. So the next few years will be a discovery for me.

paper
July 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM
As long as your happy :flowers: Hope to still see you around.

lora410
July 15th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I am sorry to hear of your hair dilemma, but its bes tto do what makes you happy.

brok3nwings
July 15th, 2008, 08:40 AM
i understand what your saying about the hairtype.. i have a friend with really fine hair and straight and she never considered to let the hair grow cause she hated it...but then one time she went travelling for one year and probably she didnt care about her hair, she came with hair almost at the midle of her back and it was great. I liked it. I dont know, maybe you should try it first and see for yourself it is really bad and you dont like it...after cuting it it will be more difficult. But if that is your last decision i really hope that you keep treating your hair well

Dark Rosaleen
July 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Do what you feel suits you best. I can understand. I'm contemplating a chop myself because of "fine thin hair", and mine isn't much past chin length either.

I'm really glad you will still be visiting the site. It's a wonderful place no matter what your hair length is.

jojo
July 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thats Ok as long as your happy with your hair, thats all what matter. Glad your stopping around, even short hair needs treating well!

Make sure to post photos, I love graduated bobs.

lady G
July 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks ladies for the support, I feel I have inherited my mums hairtype, she has very fine hair that looks way better at chin length and anything past that it goes wispy and flat! lol oh well its best to go with what feels right and what makes you happy :) so I will go back to the bob and yes I will keep visiting here for tips and to see everyones progress.

hugs to you all

Lady G xxxx

DecafJane
July 16th, 2008, 04:18 AM
If I had hair like yours, I would have a harder time deciding to grow it long, too - I could never have my hair that length and have it look good without a daily straightening.
As long as you are happy with your hair, that is what matters. :)

lady G
July 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Had it cut into a graduated bob with lots of layers on the back to give height etc and I like it much better!!! I have to blow dry it but it takes no time at all :) has more volume now :)

bex487
July 17th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I'm getting the same cut but a bit shorter...sometimes long hair just isn't for everyone!

embee
July 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Glad you found a style and cut that suits! I also have thin fine hair, and if I'd had some extra money I probably would have had mine cut too, but I was so broke (divorce) I had to grow it out! ;)

lady G
July 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm getting the same cut but a bit shorter...sometimes long hair just isn't for everyone!

cool yeah you are right sometimes some of us feel happier with short hair! mine is pretty short its right onto my jawline and cut into my neck at the back, the top layers are about 3 inches maybe thats what gives it the height I wanted kind of like the way the model Linda Evangelista wears her hair in a bob.

Hope you love your cut when its done :D