PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh look at how long and beautiful that boy's hair is!!!!!!

ericthegreat
January 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I received one of the wildest hair compliments ever in my entire life. :cheese:

So I was in the city again like usual and doing my rounds of window shopping, looking for sales and bargains when all of a sudden, this young black woman loudly exclaimed "Ooooooooh look how beautiful that boy's hair is!" I didn't even have to guess who she was talk about. I turned around and she stood there just STARING at my hair. She looked to be about 28 to maybe 30, and she was very fashionably dressed herself. She was carrying a Louis Vuitton handbag, wore a nice black casemere coat, and paired that with knee high black leather boots. And get this...........she had NATURAL hair!!!!!! She had I think 3c or 4a curls, and curly it fell just below her shoulders. I could tell she took care of her hair well because the curls were smooth and shiny looking.

So anyway, getting back to MY hair :D, she stood there for maybe 10 seconds just enchanted by my hair. Then she came to her senses and asked me the usual, "So how long have you been growing your hair, how do you take care of it, blah blah blah. We had a whole back and forth discussion about haircare and hair products. She is a huge fan of both Carol's Daughter products and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, and I told her all about my CO routine. She of course then just had to run her fingers all over my blonde locks, which was actually quite soothing actually :p. We stood there talking on the street corner for I don't know maybe half an hour and then we finally bid adieu. It was just the best surprise experience I've ever had in my life!!!!!

papera
January 13th, 2012, 01:52 PM
This sounds really great ericthegreat!! And it's a really nice compliment, especially because you didn't expect that!! Congrats for that and to your obviously beautiful hair!! :toast:

skyblue
January 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Nice!!! Don't you love it when people are awe struck with the hair lol congrats!!!

moxamoll
January 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I think all of us would love to have an experience like that! :cool:

And as we all know, no one has hair more worthy of admiration than yours!

Viscountess
January 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
What a great thing to happen to you! Kudos to you too for talking to the lady, and sharing hair tips! Its so wonderful when something like that comes along and makes your day.

Couldn't have happened to nicer guy!

elbow chic
January 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
It IS long and beautiful! How nice to meet a fellow hair-fanatic that way.

princessp
January 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Wow that sounds fun! What a cool story. :)

nakmom
January 13th, 2012, 02:11 PM
You have gorgeous hair! Way awesome that someone caught you off guard like that! :hifive:

Neneka
January 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
She was right. Your hair is awesome. :)

Isadora
January 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Nice compliment youīve got :)
I admire men with long an healthy hair too, itīs a pity not to see men with such hair very often.

Amber_Maiden
January 13th, 2012, 02:32 PM
That's so awesome!!!! It's great to meet other like minded people when your out and about!!! You have such amazing hair!:D

spidermom
January 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
That is SO nice!

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
What a great story! She was right, your hair is awesome. How cool that you chatted & shared hair tips w/her. :)

adiapalic
January 13th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Aww... I bet that just made your day! :flower:

gthlvrmx
January 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
That is so exciting! Im glad that happened to you! :D :) love those experiences :D

Avital88
January 13th, 2012, 02:46 PM
i can just feel the excitement coming through the words! What a nice thing :)
And yes you have beautiful hair:-)

irishlady
January 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Eric you show off :p
haha no that's great :) Your hair certainly is beautiful, major hair envy here!

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
At least it was a compliment not a cursing. I was called a hoodlum because of my pink bling string.

goldenmoments
January 13th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'm glad she brightened your day :sun:

holothuroidea
January 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Your hair is obviously stand-out :D

It's so cool when stuff like that happens.

Lostsoule77
January 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
That is really cool! And just think, You probably made her day just as much as she made yours. :D

SwordWomanRiona
January 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
That sounds great, Eric! A well-deserved compliment, and it's so nice that you had the opportunity to talk haircare with her :).
That doesn't happen to me very often when I get hair-comments. I'd love to talk haircare with them (did I mention I'm the hair enthusiast? :D), but I guess most of the people who comment on my hair do it out of surprise (and disbelief :rolleyes:), and are not keen to share tips...Anyway, I'm glad you had the chance!

WaitingSoLong
January 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Well deserved!

I would LOVE to run into you on the street and chat about hair!

KwaveT
January 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You have got amazing hair. It is worthy of compliment. Conversations happen like this for me all the time just not with hair. Mine happen more with nail care. Everybody wants to know how I get my long nails.

ericthegreat
January 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you all!!! I was totally psyched to get such an awesome compliment on my hair out in public by a real, flesh and blood person. As hard as this might be to believe, out in the real world I DON'T get too many compliments on my hair. Rather, its the opposite, I get very nasty and often openly homophobic comments spewed at me or I will walk by and clearly I hear within earshot someone cursing underneath their breath calling me a f***** or some other derogatory name. Unfortunately still even now in the year 2012, there are still many very racist, homophobic, and sexist people out there, and they do not hesitate to go out of their way hurt you.

So you can imagine my huge pleasant surprise when I was given this compliment by this wonderful black lady. I will never take any compliment or kind word given to me for granted, so again thank you to all of you here on LHC!!! :blossom: :magic:

EdG
January 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
You deserve the complement. Your hair is extraordinary. :)
Ed

Vanilla
January 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Compliments from strangers are the best! It's so nice to hear something sweet from someone who doesn't know you. :)

irishlady
January 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you all!!! I was totally psyched to get such an awesome compliment on my hair out in public by a real, flesh and blood person. As hard as this might be to believe, out in the real world I DON'T get too many compliments on my hair. Rather, its the opposite, I get very nasty and often openly homophobic comments spewed at me or I will walk by and clearly I hear within earshot someone cursing underneath their breath calling me a f***** or some other derogatory name. Unfortunately still even now in the year 2012, there are still many very racist, homophobic, and sexist people out there, and they do not hesitate to go out of their way hurt you.

So you can imagine my huge pleasant surprise when I was given this compliment by this wonderful black lady. I will never take any compliment or kind word given to me for granted, so again thank you to all of you here on LHC!!! :blossom: :magic:

Ugh I can't stand rude people! Eric you are awesome and you and every sane person knows that! Big hugs to you my friend :)

Jean Stuart
January 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
And tat is why N.Y. is the greatest!

PixxieStix
January 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
What an amazing compliment! And how nice of you to chat with her about hair care, I'm sure it made her day as much as yours. :)

RapunzelKat
January 13th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Wow, what a fun thing to have happen! :D She sounds like a great lady, what a neat way to meet a new person!
Bet she went home and told her friends/family all about your awesome hair, too :D :D

cuddledumplin
January 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
That's such a nice compliment. It makes my day when someone says something nice like that, and I agree that your hair is amazing.

Amazinggrace
January 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
That is awesome!!!

What a wonderful way to begin the weekend. :)

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ugh I can't stand rude people! Eric you are awesome and you and every sane person knows that! Big hugs to you my friend :)

You are my sweetheart. :grouphug:

UltraBella
January 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Aww, I am so glad you had that moment :) It's a wonderful feeling to be so excepted and celebrated by someone you don't even know.

vatikagirl
January 14th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Had I been in that lady's shoes, I would have done the same thing, stood enchanted by the spell of you beautiful tresses may be a bit longer. LOL.
Congratulations, you hair are real worthy of this kind of appreciation.
Cheers:toast:

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Aww, I am so glad you had that moment :) It's a wonderful feeling to be so excepted and celebrated by someone you don't even know.

Thank you mi amor. :puppykisses:

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Had I been in that lady's shoes, I would have done the same thing, stood enchanted by the spell of you beautiful tresses may be a bit longer. LOL.
Congratulations, you hair are real worthy of this kind of appreciation.
Cheers:toast:

Oh wow thank you! If you ever come to visit New York City, you can do just that.

kamikaze hair
January 14th, 2012, 02:19 AM
haha, I totally would have done the same thing, just stood there staring! :D I love your hair so much, its so nice, i'm not surprised she couldn't help but notice. Its such a nice compliment, definitely one to store away and remember when you come across all those other unsavoury long hair hater people or worse.

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 02:21 AM
haha, I totally would have done the same thing, just stood there staring! :D I love your hair so much, its so nice, i'm not surprised she couldn't help but notice. Its such a nice compliment, definitely one to store away and remember when you come across all those other unsavoury long hair hater people or worse.

Thank you so much. And I agree with your siggie, let's all party! :cheese:

|Xei
January 14th, 2012, 03:11 AM
That's super awesome, especially since it sounds like you had an amazing talk with her!

Curly Hermione
January 14th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Yay! She sounds really nice. In my experience, it's really rare to meet someone who uses products like Miss Jessies etc. :)

SwordWomanRiona
January 14th, 2012, 04:35 AM

Unfortunately, you're very right :(. People have called me a lot of rude and/or tactless things too (still do), "just" because I'm different and don't conform to this society's rules in a number of ways. It's just outrageous.

But don't let those people get you down! You're an amazing person with amazing hair, forget about all the despicable fellows! :sun:

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Unfortunately, you're very right :(. People have called me a lot of rude and/or tactless things too (still do), "just" because I'm different and don't conform to this society's rules in a number of ways. It's just outrageous.

But don't let those people get you down! You're an amazing person with amazing hair, forget about all the despicable fellows! :sun:

Thank you SwordWomanRiona. :heartbeat

Yosha
January 14th, 2012, 05:45 AM
That's wonderful Eric! You have great hair, and it's so cool when people can connect over hair :D Meeting people who recognize the beauty of each other makes me happy too :cheese:

cindy58
January 14th, 2012, 05:48 AM
How fun to get a great compliment from someone who has wonderful hair too!

auburntressed
January 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Wonderful compliment, and well deserved. It takes a lot of care to take good care of long hair, and it is even more unusual to see men who do that than it is to see women who do it. It is definitely nice to be recognized for your efforts and for something that you have taken care of so lovingly.

Mayflower
January 14th, 2012, 06:10 AM
That is awesome! I love those spontanious and genuine compliments and it's so nice that you could talk about haircare with her.
I'm kind of shocked though to read what kind of nasty sh*t people sometimes say to you. What miserable lifes they must have being so narrow minded. I wish there were more people out there who don't conform to society's beautystandards 'cause that's wht makes life so interesting! You can be proud of your amazing hair :toast:

lolabird
January 14th, 2012, 07:28 AM
That's pretty much what I thought when I saw your most recent photo of your hair! :) How cool to hear that and have such a nice interaction with someone on the street.

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
That is awesome! I love those spontanious and genuine compliments and it's so nice that you could talk about haircare with her.
I'm kind of shocked though to read what kind of nasty sh*t people sometimes say to you. What miserable lifes they must have being so narrow minded. I wish there were more people out there who don't conform to society's beautystandards 'cause that's wht makes life so interesting! You can be proud of your amazing hair :toast:

Even if I didn't have long hair or chose to dye it blonde, I know that I would still be targeted. I am gay and am proud of my sexuality. I have kissed my previous male lovers/ and boyfriends on the lips out in public all the time, and I also hold hands and do all of the other activities that straight couples do when they are out in public. If it is perfectly acceptable for a straight couple to be seen publicly kissing each other, then why isn't it okay for me and my male lover/boyfriend to do the exact same???

I really do dream of a better world one day when anyone, gay, straight, or bisexual can be free to show love in public without being taunted or bullied.

HintOfMint
January 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
What a lovely exchange! Your hair is awe inspiring, so not entirely surprising. I'm picturing this encounter in a very busy and posh street of NY and it puts a smile on my face.

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
What a lovely exchange! Your hair is awe inspiring, so not entirely surprising. I'm picturing this encounter in a very busy and posh street of NY and it puts a smile on my face.

There's my favorite girl! :cheer:

We were actually right outside Macy's on 34th Street in Manhattan.

Shuan
January 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM

The homophobic part is quite true, alas. Just last month I got cat called by two teenagers on their mopeds, until they looked back and say I was a guy. And then I think they called me some names, but didn't hear it too clearly, since I had my headphones on.

You have beautiful hair though, and the compliment was well deserved. :inlove:

Red_Wednesday
January 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a wonderful experience!! Lately I have been going out of my way to compliment people when I see they have something particularly special about them. Whether it's their hair or jewelry or whatever. I know that when people do this to me it usually just makes my day, so I figure if I can do the same for somebody else - well how cool is that:D.

Can you imagine what kind of world we would live in if everybody tried this. So instead of being nitpicky and critical of others if we all tried looking for something positive about them, wow.

ETA: And I'm not talking fake compliments, I'm talking about genuine accolades. And if we can't find something good to say, just keeping our mouths shut. It would be about building up, not tearing down. Anyway, I know it's far fetched, but I'm entitled to dream:p.

Coffeebug
January 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I really do dream of a better world one day when anyone, gay, straight, or bisexual can be free to show love in public without being taunted or bullied.

Yeah, it's really not much to ask is it!

I'm kind of surprised you don't get more people commenting on your hair frankly, it's amazing!

Mayflower
January 14th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Even if I didn't have long hair or chose to dye it blonde, I know that I would still be targeted. I am gay and am proud of my sexuality. I have kissed my previous male lovers/ and boyfriends on the lips out in public all the time, and I also hold hands and do all of the other activities that straight couples do when they are out in public. If it is perfectly acceptable for a straight couple to be seen publicly kissing each other, then why isn't it okay for me and my male lover/boyfriend to do the exact same???

I know it isn't only about the hair, there are people who criticize everything. And this actually surprises me, since you live in NY and in (big) cities there's usually a bigger "tolerance" (I don't know if I'm saying this in correct English) towards homosexuals, bisexuals, people who look or dress a certain way that isn't mainstream, etc.
I live in a village and people are way more narrow-minded here than in the city where I go to uni. People (mostly old people I must add) look weird at straight couples holding hands and kissing on the street. Gahh it gets me frustrated how people always feel the need to criticize everything and everyone, what a waste of time!

I actually have a homosexual friend who dyes his hair in funky colours, and his style is really "out there". Well, he gets targeted all the time. The only thing that shuts those people up is smiling politely and don't show that it bothers you.
Bravo to you for staying true to yourself, and I hope you get many more (hair)compliments, since they are all well deserved!

Paladin
January 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Congrats on the awesome compliment brotha... can't wait until something like that happens to me lol. Guess it'll be a few years tho.

Yeah it doesn't take much to set the haters off these days. A few months ago I was just walking down the road with a friend of mine going to a club and he was dressed in semi-steampunk/80s attire (appropriate for the club we were going to) and he got a homophobic slur from some buzz-headed punk sitting outdoors at a pub we were passing by. Ridiculous especially since he's straight and his outfit didn't look "gay" at all, and also because the city we live in is reknown for its "flamboyancy" and rather large gay community lol. It's like what the hell dude, do you KNOW where you are?

So all you have to do these days to get targeted is just look a little different. I was dressed in normal dress attire too.

I've never had anyone give me a rude comment about my hair when it was long before I buzzed and started over, even though the hair looked thin and horrible. I guess there's something about a 6 foot 240lb pile of muscle that sorta dissuades people from giving them a hard time, hair or otherwise... lol.

I hope my mane looks even half as good as yours when it gets that long!

long&blonde
January 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Aw, Eric, sorry to hear you run into haters:and even in NYC: I was hoping(against hope)NYC would be immune.
My suspicion is your haters are secretly envious:you are clearly a very handome guy, whatever lifestyle you have;you wear it well. Remember those "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" L'oreal commercials? Exactly. I have seen your warm loving spirit, how you are w/others here on LHC. You are beautiful both inside And out. Don't pay those haters no never mind. And maybe get yourself a gorgeous carved signature walking stick. Just in case.

sibiryachka
January 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Late to this thread, but what an epic story. :applause: Not only did it put a huge smile on my face, I actually could see it happening in my mind, like a little LHC sitcom episode or something. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!

ericthegreat
January 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM
That's so awesome!!!! It's great to meet other like minded people when your out and about!!! You have such amazing hair!:D

It is splendid to meet like-minded people isn't it! :cheese:

Toadstool
January 15th, 2012, 10:53 AM
. As hard as this might be to believe, out in the real world I DON'T get too many compliments on my hair. Rather, its the opposite, I get very nasty and often openly homophobic comments spewed at me or I will walk by and clearly I hear within earshot someone cursing underneath their breath calling me a f***** or some other derogatory name.
Eric, I am so sorry that this is your experience.
You and your hair are so drop-dead gorgeous, I always imagined the opposite for you.:confused:
I'm glad you are now gettinng the positive attention you deserve :cool:

ericthegreat
January 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Eric, I am so sorry that this is your experience.
You and your hair are so drop-dead gorgeous, I always imagined the opposite for you.:confused:
I'm glad you are now gettinng the positive attention you deserve :cool:

Thank you so much Toadstool :puppykisses:.

WyrdWay
January 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
That was a great story Eric! I personally love men with long hair and even though I may not compliment them, I definitely ogle their gorgeous hair, and I'm usually not shy about it ^_^ My DH thinks its funny.

He's managed to get his hair into a pony that is about...4 inches long, And the ladies he takes care of at the nursing home are always complimenting him on his pretty hair :D it makes his night!

ericthegreat
January 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
That is SO nice!

That is so exciting! Im glad that happened to you! :D :) love those experiences :D

My two favorite people in the whole world are here! That means its time for :cake:!!!!!

ericthegreat
January 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
i can just feel the excitement coming through the words! What a nice thing :)
And yes you have beautiful hair:-)

You are a sweetheart! :waltz:

Safira
January 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I would do the same thing, just stare and be amazed. Itīs rare to men to have long hair ( I just cannot understand why long hair makes men homosexual, itīs not hair, itīs something else)
But anyway, glad you got that moment! :cheese:

CSallaround
January 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I guess that's the phrase I would come up with if I saw you on the street. Your hair looks amazing. :)

PrairieRose
January 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Pretty cool:)

ericthegreat
January 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I would do the same thing, just stare and be amazed. Itīs rare to men to have long hair ( I just cannot understand why long hair makes men homosexual, itīs not hair, itīs something else)
But anyway, glad you got that moment! :cheese:

Yes, well as I've said before I actually am gay and I'm proud of it. What I take offense to is how being thought of as gay is considered an insult. It shouldn't be at all, because by doing that you are implying that there is something wrong with being gay and there isn't.

I'm gonna quote my earlier post.

jojo
January 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM
what an uplifting post and such a well deserved compliment!

patienceneeded
January 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Awesome compliment! She was right you know, you do have AMAZING hair!

HintOfMint
January 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
There's my favorite girl! :cheer:

We were actually right outside Macy's on 34th Street in Manhattan.

Oh how perfect!