PDA

View Full Version : ? moisturiser problem when sleeping with silk pillowcases

Celebrian
January 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I started using silk pillowcases recently, and although they are lovely for my skin, I may have a problem

If the silk repels moisture rather than sucking it from skin and hair (have I understood that right?) then presumably, if I either go to bed with an oily/moisturised face - any excess could just get dragged throught the hair as I move around in my sleep?

It's just that my hair has become floppy almost to the point of greasy since I started with the silk PC, and I don't know what to think!

Any ideas?

heidi w.
January 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
You may need to flip the pillowcase and/or wash the pillowcase more frequently?

I slept on a satin pillowcase merely so my hair slides; and I, therefore, experience less tangles, not because of moisture or whatever.

heidi w.

Celebrian
January 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
You may need to flip the pillowcase and/or wash the pillowcase more frequently?

I slept on a satin pillowcase merely so my hair slides; and I, therefore, experience less tangles, not because of moisture or whatever.

heidi w.

I have two pillows and take a clean side each night. Mind you, perhaps not every night... :rolleyes:

spidermom
January 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I thought your skin would be soaking up your moisturizer. Mine does.

Manny1826
January 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
are you using silk or satin pillowcases?

Celebrian
January 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I thought your skin would be soaking up your moisturizer. Mine does.

I think my SKIN is soaking it up, lol. Unfortunately, I am wondering if the reason my hair seems greasier is because it drapes about the pillowcase and my face overnight. I sleep with it loose you see.

Otherwise, bearing in mind that I've been using coconut oil on my hair, I am wondering if the old cotton PC's pulled the excess oil out of my hair - whereas the silk doesn't. Perhaps I need to use less hair oil?

Celebrian
January 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
are you using silk or satin pillowcases?

I use silk :D

Amber_Maiden
January 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I have a satin pillowcase, so I don't have this problem. Maybe look into getting a satin one?

missdelarocha
January 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Manny1826, Celebrian's PC is probably silk satin, unless you meant "is yours polyester or silk?" then you're asking if her PC is a fiber or weave :p.
Satin is a type of weave and can be made from many fibers.

I think your old pillowcase was sucking up the excess moisture and that you need to use less oil on your hair if excess oil is the problem :).

islandboo
January 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I agree with missdelarocha - the cotton pillowcase was wicking the oil from your hair. Cut back on how much you are using and see if that helps.

Vanilla
January 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I get this when I switch between the flannel pillowcase for the wintertime and the silk the rest of the year. My face is super oily and so is my hair with the silk and I have to compensate by using less.

I can't give up the flannel though! It's so snuggly in the winter time.

Lostsoule77
January 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Definitely sounds like you need to use less oil on your hair. I know when I over oil my cotton pc sucks up the excess. That is probably what happened to you too.

Celebrian
January 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Ok, less oil on hair it is!

But I'm worried that my facial oil is also being mopped up by my hair - if it's not being mopped up by the silk PC?