PDA

View Full Version : No two days are the same!

Gilly
January 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I am at my wits end with my hair, I find a routine that works beautifully one day, try it again the next and my hair looks dreadful even though I have done EXACTLY the same thing :rolleyes:

I wash daily (NEVER gonna change that) so its not like I have dirty hair, I generally don't use much product if at all so it can't be build up. I clarify on a regular basis.

Earlier in the week I shampoo'd, conditionened using Mastey Triate and Garnier triple nutrition as I have been doing for ages. I blow dried the front (fringe) and left the rest to go curly, looked great, next day, did the same, went fuzzy and fluffy. Next day the same but this time I spritzed it with a leave-in (Mastey) over the curls, I got beautiful bouncy curls, next day did the same but this time it looked just plain nasty and would not sit right it just sat on my head sulking:rolleyes:

I really am at a loss as to what to do, as I said, I wash daily and NONE of the things I use build up on my hair, that is why I use them.

I would love some advice!!

Jesabel
January 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM
This probably isn't going to help a whole lot, but I have the same thing and I just put it to good and bad hair days. I've accepted my hair isn't going to sit perfectly every time, and sometimes it waves beautifully when left to air dry, other times.. no way. On the days it doesn't behave I just put it up (well I used to, now I wear it up 6 days a week anyway). The moisture levels in the air can change making it more frizzy sometimes, but as long as the actual health of your hair isn't impacted I wouldn't worry.

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Me too;no two days are the same.
For as much hair as I have,it amazes me I suspect a smidgeons too much leave-in conditioner can mean so much difference in how my hair looks that day.
I too thought i'd never stop washing my hair everyday.
Still not sure if that ended when I hit age 56,
Or tailbone;
Or;Both. :)

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Me too;no two days are the same.
For as much hair as I have,it amazes me I suspect a smidgeons too much leave-in conditioner can mean so much difference in how my hair looks that day.
I too thought i'd never stop washing my hair everyday.
Still not sure if that ended when I hit age 56,
Or tailbone;
Or;Both. :)

shikara
January 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Grrrrr, I feel your frustration! This went on for a whole year for me - something would work really nice for tangles and having it hang half decently, and then not only could I not get that to happen again, it would be worse. Sheesh, I tried so many combinations I began to feel very lost about it all. But it all panned out in the end. Perhaps there is something in your product that works well but leaves a tad of residue after using just a few times, maybe visiting Colorado Curly and being conscious of the dew point. Some hair loves seeing two shampoos and co ditiiners on the shelves that you alternate each time. Maybe CWC will help?? (sorry, I cant remember if you do that or not). Not sure if I was much help. Hope you find your solution soon!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_44053aa6.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=44053aa6.jpg)

pepperminttea
January 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
If you're doing the exact same thing, then perhaps it's something external like the humidity levels?

Have you tried rotating products?

Alibran
January 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I was going to suggest humidity levels. Changes in humidity make my hair go crazy.