PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed!! *Pic Heavy*

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Friends at LHC:

I have been married for over 7 years and my DH and I had a Courthouse wedding in casual clothes. I have always wished we could have had a wedding, but we have children, and it would be a waste of money (even though it would be so special) to have a "wedding" now, like a renewal of vows thing. I would feel guilty for years about what kind of sports, education, food, etc could have been purchased.. So this is kind of like a "surrogate" for that:

Anyways, my DH is a fireman and we have received our invitation to the "Firefighters' Ball"! *bursts from excitement*

This will be the FIRST time my DH has EVER seen me dressed up, besides normal dresses/skirts for church or whatever.

I want to look my best, and there will be a TON of people there, who will most likely look much better than I will.. so I would like to be prepared!

My hair isn't very long at all, but I want to wear it up, I think.

The invitation says "Semi-Formal" required.. so I'm guessing my hair up would be "expected".. although I like to be different :D

Anyways, man I can sidetrack my own thread ;)

Please chime in with opinions about these hairstyles, *which will look better when dry, my hair is wet and I just henna'd, so it's semi-straight and not working with me lol* It will be curly naturally when dry..

If neither of them look awesome to you, please DO give me more ideas, this is such a special event for me.. I'm glad to share it with you all :toast:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123624&albumid=9530&dl=1326428444&thumb=1
This is me trying to create a "side updo" like I imagined.. it's too wet, but anyways, this is what I would look like with the hair to the side..

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123625&albumid=9530&dl=1326428444&thumb=1

This is my hair in a simple French twist.. I have a feeling that without a jaw clip, it wouldn't be simple lol

These are some ideas.. I'll number them to make it easier to give your opinions/ideas..

#1http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123629&albumid=9530&dl=1326428779&thumb=1

#2http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123628&albumid=9530&dl=1326428742&thumb=1

#3http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123627&albumid=9530&dl=1326428742&thumb=1

#4 *This is me with my hair styled for pictures by my little sis.. it's an option, at least :)*
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=123630&albumid=9530&dl=1326428828&thumb=1

MicheleClaire
January 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I love number four styled by your little sis. I think you look really nice with some pieces of hair framing your face. Have fun!

blondie9912
January 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I like number three :)

akilina
January 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I like #4 as well. I think it would look better if you wore some of your hair down in the front to frame your face and probably some curls all over.

Aliped
January 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I think number 4 is stunning! I'd go for that one.

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
BTW.. I will have makeup on and not have that drab look that I have in the pics lol.. it will make a HUGE difference :D

pierrotlunaire
January 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I would go with number 4!

Schrei777
January 12th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Yep, definitely number four. I think you would look great with it pulled back like that with pieces coming down. The "messy updo that just happens to look amazing" kind of style :D.

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
:) Thanks for the opinions! They are truly appreciated! I will for sure have hair to "frame" my face lol.. that one seems to be an important tip!

manderly
January 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Ummm - you need a dress first ;) Let the dress dictate your hair. I "thought" I knew what I wanted to do with my hair for my wedding, that is until I found my dress, then realized I needed to do my hair a completely different way.

Get your dress, the hair will follow. You'll be gorgeous. Have fun!

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Ummm - you need a dress first ;) Let the dress dictate your hair. I "thought" I knew what I wanted to do with my hair for my wedding, that is until I found my dress, then realized I needed to do my hair a completely different way.

Get your dress, the hair will follow. You'll be gorgeous. Have fun!

Oh ok.. lol. I haven't even started to think about the dress :/ I'm not even sure what to wear! I'm stumped about color because I've been a blonde all my life, and dying my hair dark has made most of the colors I was used to wearing look drab or awful.. I wish I could video-chat the entire LHC while I dress-shop! lol

Cjatje
January 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
4 is beautiful!
May I ask how old you are? You look so young :)

manderly
January 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
From the two photos in this thread, I think you'd rock in any jewel tone (very deep colors) like navy or burgundy. :)

Once you know the style (straps, sparkles, neckline, etc) then you can figure out how your hair, jewelry, and makeup will all work with it :)

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
From the two photos in this thread, I think you'd rock in any jewel tone (very deep colors) like navy or burgundy. :)

Once you know the style (straps, sparkles, neckline, etc) then you can figure out how your hair, jewelry, and makeup will all work with it :)

I LOVE navy and burgundy!

Diamond.Eyes
January 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I like number 1 and 4 the best! Very pretty! :)

Amazinggrace
January 12th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I like numbers 1 and 4, but it will depend on your dress and the neckline.

I would go navy, deep red, or black. Those colors are always "in."

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2Ol37MCrXlh6aYQYALhO8Z0ZdZTJhj RV2LA4FiGQpOcmfxY_j

I'm hoping to find a dress sort of like this..

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5qu_HTyA8EVDDCytF5jv740w5j_BXP tByYkpWfBcgFsab3Sle9ZCl8Z8

or maybe like these..

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq_Pemuu_Ln0j36QfZ1qCoicENquxtb 1hTIc8rJb72QOtb0S2P

manderly
January 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
With that dress, I'm a fan of #3, but I like the asymmetry :) I may be biased as well, since I wore a loose side bun at my wedding (pics in blog)

Mommyof4
January 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
With that dress, I'm a fan of #3, but I like the asymmetry :) I may be biased as well, since I wore a loose side bun at my wedding (pics in blog)

You are so pretty! You were a gorgeous bride! Congratulations on your wedding and the baby! :D

I like the way your hair was styled for your wedding! It was very elegant!

manderly
January 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Aw, thank you :D There is actually a bun behind that massive rose - you just can't see it! LOL

I think with your darker hair, the red dress, and a loose/messy side bun your husband may not let you leave the house :eyebrows:

I hope you have fun on your big dress up day, and you're very pretty - you'll be stunning no matter what dress & hair you choose :flower:

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I like number 2!

Kira94
January 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I like #4 hair and the #1 dress! :D

MonaLisa
January 13th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I like number 4, or just let your hair down, that looks lovely on you!

papera
January 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I vote for number 3 or 4, both are gorgeous! And yep, let your hair frame your face, whichever style/ dress you use, it just looks more playful, young and fresh!:D

enjoy the ball and good luck with the hair style and dress!!:toast:

Long_hair_bear
January 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Love the number 1 dress and number 4 hair!

tolly
January 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
number4 hair is my favorite too

sazzie88
January 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Number 4 styled by little sis! I hope shes not to little..... But she has done a great job!

RedBlue
January 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Number 4 hair, definitely!:)

teal
January 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
At first glance I thought the thread title was "Onions needed!" and I thought... pics? Is she making soup or something? :cheese:

Anyway... :o

I vote for #4.

CarpeDM
January 13th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I vote for #4!

Mommyof4
January 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Number 4 styled by little sis! I hope shes not to little..... But she has done a great job!

She's 20.. why do you hope she's not too little? :confused:

Mommyof4
January 13th, 2012, 06:25 PM

She's a photographer and she took alot of pictures of me with different hair/clothes for her portfolio when she was getting ready to start handing out business cards, she also took pictures of about 20 other people to have a portfolio to show clients.. she is great at doing unusual hair styles.. i wish i had a pic of the back of this style, it was awesome!

Toiréasa
January 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I too vote for #4 it looks lovely on you and I think you would rock the red dress with your dark tresses!

Amber_Maiden
January 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I like the French twist :)

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I like number 4 as well.

littleizz
January 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I vote for any of the looser ones. If the hubby is used to seeing you with it down a tight updo might seem to stark or rigid.

I also just wanna add that your story is so touching. I know I can't judge too much by how little you wrote, but you seem so thoughtful and considerate. As someone who's coming up on my 2 year anniversary, it's really disheartening to see marriage after marriage get ripped apart by people not caring enough about the little things. You're really encouraging :) God bless you both and I hope one day you get your beautiful dream re-wedding!!

Mommyof4
January 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I vote for any of the looser ones. If the hubby is used to seeing you with it down a tight updo might seem to stark or rigid.

I also just wanna add that your story is so touching. I know I can't judge too much by how little you wrote, but you seem so thoughtful and considerate. As someone who's coming up on my 2 year anniversary, it's really disheartening to see marriage after marriage get ripped apart by people not caring enough about the little things. You're really encouraging :) God bless you both and I hope one day you get your beautiful dream re-wedding!!

Thank you so much for your nice words :D I do hope to stayed married forever.. even though it's not the "norm" anymore :) G'D bless you too :D

PixxieStix
January 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'm putting in my vote for hair style number 4, it looks great and I think you could rock it well no matter the style of dress, and it suites the kind you are looking at right now. :)

Lostsoule77
January 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I vote #4 as well.

Can I say that I LOVE your dress choices. I love the whole one shoulder thing, wanted to wear it for my wedding dress but couldn't find any really. My favorite of those is #1.

suzye
January 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
The french twist! I love the dresses you posted! Keep us updated on the look you decide on!

Colourful
January 14th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I just have to mention that you look like Fiona Apple. At least in the first two photos.

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I just have to mention that you look like Fiona Apple. At least in the first two photos.

I had never heard of her, but I googled her.. and I can see the resemblance :)

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I will definitely post and let everyone know when I find a dress and choose a style :D I will post pictures, too, of course! Thanks for all your support :)

the.fee.fairy
January 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I vote Number 4 hair and number 1 dress.

The french twist was a bit severe for your face. The number 4 hair frames your face beautifully.

I also think that number 1 dress is gorgeous! The number 2 dress was a bit less evening wear, more going out to dinner and then a club (hope that makes sense).

So, number 1 dress (nice and formal) with number 4 hair (showing your wild side, looking a little 'undone') go perfectly!

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Is my face harsh? or I don't really know the term..... but after the comments (and my mother's since I can remember..) I'm guessing my face needs to be softened with hair around it lol.. I never noticed this about myself :D

misspurdy06
January 14th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Can you do this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnuw_A58QI&feature=related

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Can you do this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnuw_A58QI&feature=related

Aww. I wish! My hair is just at Shoulder Length, so my layers would be coming out of it, plus my curls/waves would stick out everywhere.. but thanks for the suggestion :)

Tangles
January 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yet another #4! I hope you have a fantastic time.

Mommyof4
January 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks :D I'm thinking about getting her to style it again and taking pictures (360 ones so you can see the whole style) for everyone :) We used no heat or hairspray, so I really like this style...

sfgirl
January 14th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I love number one. It's very Goddessy

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9530&pictureid=124233

This is the only dress I've tried on that I truly like so far.. and it's not a color I would have expected to look ok, but I like it :)

There will be more pictures to come.. I just have to find dress I like lol..

heidi w.
January 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM
The style your sis did for you is the most complimentary of your natural features.

By the way, I see lots of women in the red carpet and elsewhere wearing full on ballgowns with hair down. I think it looks kind of weird because hair loose after a bit can look a bit fragmented, sort of but I do witness the popularity of wearing it down.

I'm sure you'll look spiffy and will receive compliments as well. Don't count yourself too short.

And someday I hope you get a wedding. You ARE worth it.

heidi w.

heidi w.
January 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Thank about a little bit of jewelry to go with your gown, and think about a nice shoe. Shoes finish the polish of a look, and jewelry can help make your look more together.

You want compliments such as "You look nice" versus "That's a nice dress".

Have a great time!

I hope hubs is dressing up too.

heidi w.

FrozenBritannia
January 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I like that white dress! its very cool. Would be fun some with really bright shoes, like blue or yellow, and a matching clutch, but silver would be good too. :)

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thank about a little bit of jewelry to go with your gown, and think about a nice shoe. Shoes finish the polish of a look, and jewelry can help make your look more together.

You want compliments such as "You look nice" versus "That's a nice dress".

Have a great time!

I hope hubs is dressing up too.

heidi w.

He will be wearing his Fireman's Class A suit.. it's a dark midnight blue/almost black :)

FrozenBritannia
January 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
He will be wearing his Fireman's Class A suit.. it's a dark midnight blue/almost black :)

Does it still come with the hat??

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Does it still come with the hat??

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9530&pictureid=124246

No hat :( I think it would look better with a hat, though!! :)

FrozenBritannia
January 18th, 2012, 02:00 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9530&pictureid=124246

No hat :( I think it would look better with a hat, though!! :)

Awww. When my dad was a firefighter the dress uniform came with an officers style cap with a braided bit on it, I always thought he looked so handsome in it.
:)
Your man rocks the shades though!

PinkyCat
January 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm a fan of #2. I think that would look killer with the white dress!

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Awww. When my dad was a firefighter the dress uniform came with an officers style cap with a braided bit on it, I always thought he looked so handsome in it.
Your man rocks the shades though!

Yeah, he looks super tough in his suit with the glasses lol :)

I think he looks so handsome in his Class A's :D I might be biased though hehe :o

littleizz
January 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hot mama!! With that dress I definitely agree with a loose updo and crazy bright colored heels like FrozenBritannia said :)

PS - if I may ask... what is your tattoo of?

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hot mama!! With that dress I definitely agree with a loose updo and crazy bright colored heels like FrozenBritannia said :)

PS - if I may ask... what is your tattoo of?

I will take pics really quick.. brb :)

cheetahfast
January 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Wow, I really like that dress. You have a killer body!! No way you're a mother of 4! ;)

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, I really like that dress. You have a killer body!! No way you're a mother of 4! ;)

Aw thanks :) You are too kind :D

But yup, I'm a mother of 4.. my oldest is 6 1/2 and my youngest will be 1 in February.. they keep me moving constantly, cleaning, cooking, playing, UNLESS I'm on LHC of course haha :p

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The reasons for my tattoos are in my Album: Random

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=124251&albumid=9523&dl=1326922666&thumb=1
^^Left ankle

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=124250&albumid=9523&dl=1326922302&thumb=1
^^Right Ankle

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=124249&albumid=9523&dl=1326922066&thumb=1
^^Right Hip..

Excuse my scar on my belly.. it's from my hysterectomy this past November..

FrozenBritannia
January 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I like the theme you have going on there in the tats!

And pfffffft... What scar? I have seen bigger scars from zits gone wrong, don't you worry about that AT ALL!!!! be proud of your body, it gave you four kids and then bounced back into something more fit than most sixteen year olds I have seen lately!

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I like the theme you have going on there in the tats!

And pfffffft... What scar? I have seen bigger scars from zits gone wrong, don't you worry about that AT ALL!!!! be proud of your body, it gave you four kids and then bounced back into something more fit than most sixteen year olds I have seen lately!

Aw thanks :D You are so sweet...:flowers:

Mayflower
January 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9530&pictureid=124233

This is the only dress I've tried on that I truly like so far.. and it's not a color I would have expected to look ok, but I like it :)

There will be more pictures to come.. I just have to find dress I like lol..

Wow love that dress!! Really sexy but sophisticated at the same time.

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks Mayflower :)

I want something that is classy and sort of "timeless" but at the same time, I want to look goooood hehe :D

citadel
January 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
The dress is definitely flattering, but in my experience, that seems more like a "formal" dress than "semi-formal". I also like the ivory, but have you thought about any jewel tones? You would look gorgeous in a deep sapphire or royal blue!

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
The dress is definitely flattering, but in my experience, that seems more like a "formal" dress than "semi-formal". I also like the ivory, but have you thought about any jewel tones? You would look gorgeous in a deep sapphire or royal blue!

yes :(

I looked for hours in each store for a gorgeous navy/blue or maybe a red or deep crimson, but I had no luck.. I will be shopping more and taking more pictures.. I forgot my camera the shopping trip before this one^..

It is a bit more formal.. but there aren't many choices in my area... I'm fine with being over-dress as long as I look nice ;) I was told by a friend that last year there were a few ladies wearing all-out poofy prom-like dresses.. so I figure I'm safe in the middle of formal and semi-formal :)

I just want to look great for my husband and for the pictures.. if everyone there thinks I'm overdressed.. I'm not too worried about :p

The only concern I have with the dark blues is: i don't want to "match" my husband or blend into his uniform, but compliment it.. so I hope if I find a dress that is dark blue it will go well with him :)

Toiréasa
January 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I seen on one of your threads you were in PBC (I think) have you tried Cindys Dream gowns on Hwy 231 they have alot of nice dresses.

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I seen on one of your threads you were in PBC (I think) have you tried Cindys Dream gowns on Hwy 231 they have alot of nice dresses.

yes, they only had 2 that I liked.. one was $310 and the other $510.. which is out of my budget.. plus.. my DH didn't like ANY of the dresses there.. :/

Thanks for the tip, though :D

Toiréasa
January 18th, 2012, 03:53 PM
yes, they only had 2 that I liked.. one was $310 and the other $510.. which is out of my budget.. plus.. my DH didn't like ANY of the dresses there.. :/

Thanks for the tip, though :D

Your welcome,I know we are pretty limited to shopping choices in this area,dose help keep me in check tho :D

Mommyof4
January 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Your welcome,I know we are pretty limited to shopping choices in this area,dose help keep me in check tho :D

Yeah.. I like many of the dresses at Ross and TJ Maxx that I found.. but they were closing.. so I didn't have time to buy them, bring them home, and then take back the ones I didn't want lol..

*I'm so glad I have my friends here at LHC to share this with.. it's so great :)

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
I FOUND A DRESS :D

*My hair isn't styled.. it's just in a clip for the photos.. I will post pictures of different styles soon.. I just have to style my hair first lol.. or try to get my sister to do my hair.. she's super busy at work and hasn't been able to yet :/

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=124445

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=124442

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=124443

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=124444

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Very cool!!! I like it! :)

Lostsoule77
January 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
WOW!!!!! I LOVE it! You look simply stunning in that dress!

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
Very cool!!! I like it! :)

Thanks :) It's not something I would've thought to buy.. but I tried on SO many dresses at different stores and this was the ONLY one that didn't need to be altered or that wasn't ugly on ;)

Plus, it's my DH's favorite color.. so that always helps.. I'm not sure it'll look so great beside his Class A's because it's blue.. but I'm happy with it and I'm just glad to have found something.. it was super cheap, clearanced out, so it made it a great deal :D

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM
WOW!!!!! I LOVE it! You look simply stunning in that dress!

Aw Thank you :D I just hope my DH thinks so when he sees it on! He's not a fan of long dresses lol..

I'm sure there will be ladies there that are wearing shorter dresses and look "sexier" but I couldn't find anything that I felt looked as good as this one.. so I just hope that I can get some really awesome shoes and jewelry and that I do some awesome makeup.. and maybe he won't notice all the hot girls there haha ;)

joliherb
January 21st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I like 1 and 4.

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks :) It's not something I would've thought to buy.. but I tried on SO many dresses at different stores and this was the ONLY one that didn't need to be altered or that wasn't ugly on ;)

Plus, it's my DH's favorite color.. so that always helps.. I'm not sure it'll look so great beside his Class A's because it's blue.. but I'm happy with it and I'm just glad to have found something.. it was super cheap, clearanced out, so it made it a great deal :D

So what are you going to do for shoes? Clutch? Lips? IMO silver would be great for shoes and clutch because of the sparkly bit, but bright red shoes and lips might be fun if you forgo the clutch. Or black and white striped shoes with pink lips...

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM
So what are you going to do for shoes? Clutch? Lips? IMO silver would be great for shoes and clutch because of the sparkly bit, but bright red shoes and lips might be fun if you forgo the clutch. Or black and white striped shoes with pink lips...

Which do you think would go best? If I do the silver clutch/shoes.. what color lips? still red? or natural rose?

what jewelry would you wear with it?

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Which do you think would go best? If I do the silver clutch/shoes.. what color lips? still red? or natural rose?

what jewelry would you wear with it?

Probably a burgandy rose with the silver. Darkish, but not bright.

These shoes are sold out, but I think they would look rockin with that dress and bright pink lips
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Shoes/WedgesHeels/Black-And-White-Striped-Platform-Heels-400906.jsp

But thats just me:o :p

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Probably a burgandy rose with the silver. Darkish, but not bright.

These shoes are sold out, but I think they would look rockin with that dress and bright pink lips
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Shoes/WedgesHeels/Black-And-White-Striped-Platform-Heels-400906.jsp

But thats just me:o :p

Those shoes are cute!! They definitely would make the dress look fun and less boring ;) lol.. I just hope I don't get there and look plain or boring.. :/

Do I need a necklace, earrings, and bracelet? Or would that be too much?

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Those shoes are cute!! They definitely would make the dress look fun and less boring ;) lol.. I just hope I don't get there and look plain or boring.. :/

Do I need a necklace, earrings, and bracelet? Or would that be too much?

Earrings for sure. I would skip the necklace because of the bling on the dress, but you could do a bracelet if you wanted.

If you go for red shoes, they shuld (IMO) be of this style http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/60302?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-ProductFeed-_-Jimmy_Choo-_-High+Heels&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-F93YO5sEksC0scUvEX9j5A (don't look at the price, ack! The payless version will work!) because the red is such a hot colour that too much extra frill will just detract, and you should of course try to get them to match your lipstick lol!

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Of course, these options are just what I would do in your position, but I know not all people are as bold in their footwear as I am. I always try to have a 'fun' element to an outfit, because it makes ME smile, even if nobody else notices.

A more subtle approach would be nude or charcoal heels.

Calaelen
January 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Of these options I like number 4 the best, however, for more ideas, have you seen this youtube channel,http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=watch (she wears extensions for many of her looks, but there are also many with shorter to medium hair that come out stunning. You might just find something you want more than anything.

And have a wonderful time. Feel like a princess. Every lady deserves that at least once in her life :flowers:

ETA: Woah that dress is killer! I also think silver shoes, and clutch are a wonderful option for accessories. I think classic is really the best choice, because while red accessories would be fun, they would likely take away from the dress, or look more playful than what it seems you wanted based on the fact that this is standing in for a wedding in your case.

For jewellery, definitely earrings, because you're hair will be up something striking, and longish, try for something that complements, or closely matches, the detail on the dress, a bracelet would be nice too(on the same side you'll be holding the clutch), or forgo the bracelet for a big cocktail ring, but because of the style of the back of the dress, and the fact that there is a detail jewel, a necklace wouldn't look right at all.

Cleopatra18
January 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
LOVE the dress! I also agree with the suggestion of jewels, especially saphire blue ones which will complement your eyes imo. Have fun and Please post updates :)
ETA: updos no. 3 and 4 are both awesome. I think you should try both on the dress and see which one would look better.

cheetahfast
January 21st, 2012, 11:47 AM
Wow, love the dress!! I think the color is so nice on you!!!

The fit is really nice too. I got my prom dress on clearance and I swear the alterations cost more than the dress since we got it so cheap and the hem style was "complicated" and I got it taken up.

Yay for finding the perfect dress!!! :)

Toiréasa
January 21st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Ooh love the dress you did good!
I have to agree with Calaelen I would go for the classic look,sometimes less is more and elegant pair of earrings and a nice bracelet in silver is all this dress needs. Can't wait to see the finished product I'm sure which ever way you decide to go you will look stunning!

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Earrings for sure. I would skip the necklace because of the bling on the dress, but you could do a bracelet if you wanted.

If you go for red shoes, they shuld (IMO) be of this style http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/60302?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-ProductFeed-_-Jimmy_Choo-_-High+Heels&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-F93YO5sEksC0scUvEX9j5A (don't look at the price, ack! The payless version will work!) because the red is such a hot colour that too much extra frill will just detract, and you should of course try to get them to match your lipstick lol!

Oooh those are pretty :D and yeah, Jimmy Choo's are PAINFULLY priced hehehe..

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Of course, these options are just what I would do in your position, but I know not all people are as bold in their footwear as I am. I always try to have a 'fun' element to an outfit, because it makes ME smile, even if nobody else notices.

A more subtle approach would be nude or charcoal heels.

yeah, I definitely like to have one thing to wear that feels "fun" or "original" :D I like your shoe taste!!

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Of these options I like number 4 the best, however, for more ideas, have you seen this youtube channel,http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=watch (she wears extensions for many of her looks, but there are also many with shorter to medium hair that come out stunning. You might just find something you want more than anything.

And have a wonderful time. Feel like a princess. Every lady deserves that at least once in her life :flowers:

ETA: Woah that dress is killer! I also think silver shoes, and clutch are a wonderful option for accessories. I think classic is really the best choice, because while red accessories would be fun, they would likely take away from the dress, or look more playful than what it seems you wanted based on the fact that this is standing in for a wedding in your case.

For jewellery, definitely earrings, because you're hair will be up something striking, and longish, try for something that complements, or closely matches, the detail on the dress, a bracelet would be nice too(on the same side you'll be holding the clutch), or forgo the bracelet for a big cocktail ring, but because of the style of the back of the dress, and the fact that there is a detail jewel, a necklace wouldn't look right at all.

Thanks for the tips and the link :D Thanks for the tip about which wrist to wear the bracelet on... I was wondering that, but a little embarassed to ask :o

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
LOVE the dress! I also agree with the suggestion of jewels, especially saphire blue ones which will complement your eyes imo. Have fun and Please post updates :)
ETA: updos no. 3 and 4 are both awesome. I think you should try both on the dress and see which one would look better.

Ooh... sapphire jewelry would be AWESOME!! I'll have to look for some :D I asked my DH for a "Princess Kate Ring" for my birthday, which is 3 days before the ball.. maybe I can add in a bracelet and earrings to match? we'll see :D

I will definitely post updates :)

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, love the dress!! I think the color is so nice on you!!!

The fit is really nice too. I got my prom dress on clearance and I swear the alterations cost more than the dress since we got it so cheap and the hem style was "complicated" and I got it taken up.

Yay for finding the perfect dress!!! :)

Yeah, I figured alterations would be a good chunk of money.. so anything that needed it, I steered clear of ;)

Thanks for the compliment :D

This dress only cost $30.. so it seemed wrong not to get it, when it didn't look bad at all.. I just can't pass up a good deal.... LOL..

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Ooh love the dress you did good!
I have to agree with Calaelen I would go for the classic look,sometimes less is more and elegant pair of earrings and a nice bracelet in silver is all this dress needs. Can't wait to see the finished product I'm sure which ever way you decide to go you will look stunning!

Thanks :D I went into Ross in town.. and I was so sure they wouldn't have anything new in.. but sure enough, they had this dress!!

And for THIRTY DOLLARS!!!! It's less than 10% of the dresses that my DH like at DreamGowns.. I was like.. "if it looks half decent, I'm getting it" lol.. it's my husband's favorite color..

FrozenBritannia
January 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
yeah, I definitely like to have one thing to wear that feels "fun" or "original" :D I like your shoe taste!!

Thank you! :D I went through a shoe phase, a few years ago. (not just buying them but reading every book about shoes and shoe styles, fashions in shoes from the beggining of time to now, and every article I could find about the mathmatics of shoes, ie the ratio of heel to height etc)
Basically I know way too much about shoes now. :o I still think they are fun though!

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you! :D I went through a shoe phase, a few years ago. (not just buying them but reading every book about shoes and shoe styles, fashions in shoes from the beggining of time to now, and every article I could find about the mathmatics of shoes, ie the ratio of heel to height etc)
Basically I know way too much about shoes now. :o I still think they are fun though!

Oh Cool :) well, I'm glad to have benefitted from your shoe-knowledge :D

Mommyof4
January 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
i can't wait to have some updo's to post up... I'm so excited :D

Lostsoule77
January 22nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
I think silver for the shoes, clutch, & jewelry. They will complement the dress very well. I think a long pair of earrings, bracelet, & ring(s). No necklace.

My sister picked up some awesome silver shoes. I wish I had a pic of them for you. They were gorgeous and sexy and would go so well with your dress. I'll check with her tomorrow for the brand so I can get you a link. For my wedding we all picked up some awesome silver/blingy jewelry at Icing (a Claire's store) for cheap and it looked good. If you have a mall near you they might have a Claire's or even Icing. You should check it out. I was looking for good jewelry and instead got stuff that looked just as good for a lot less.

BTW, that dress IS sexy! Short dresses can be too, but I think that dress with the neckline it has and the classy back is way sexier than a short dress is.

MissAlida
January 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
#1 dress in blue, if that is possible. Navy or blue would look lovely with your dark locks and blue eyes.:) And that dress asks for a rather elegant updo.

Mommyof4
January 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I think silver for the shoes, clutch, & jewelry. They will complement the dress very well. I think a long pair of earrings, bracelet, & ring(s). No necklace.

My sister picked up some awesome silver shoes. I wish I had a pic of them for you. They were gorgeous and sexy and would go so well with your dress. I'll check with her tomorrow for the brand so I can get you a link. For my wedding we all picked up some awesome silver/blingy jewelry at Icing (a Claire's store) for cheap and it looked good. If you have a mall near you they might have a Claire's or even Icing. You should check it out. I was looking for good jewelry and instead got stuff that looked just as good for a lot less.

BTW, that dress IS sexy! Short dresses can be too, but I think that dress with the neckline it has and the classy back is way sexier than a short dress is.

Thanks for the tips :D

I will check out our local Claire's :)

Kira94
February 4th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Any luck finding shoes and such? :D

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Any luck finding shoes and such? :D

:) I actually got a different dress.. my DH just couldn't live with the blue one :( When I get a chance, I will post pictures of the new one.. I just got my computer fixed, so I'm back!

Lostsoule77
February 11th, 2012, 11:50 AM
That's a shame, it is such a gorgeous dress. I sure hope the new one you found you like as much. :) Please post photos and be sure to update when you get the whole outfit together. I'm dying to see it all. :D

BeckyAH
February 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I just hit BSL - sort of, depends on my curl pattern and my bra, but I'm calling it. It is, apparently, awkward stage 2 for me, because it is in everything and I'm having a hard time learning how to get it up and keep it up and out of the way. I'm sure I'll get there, but right now? I *really* have a half assed urge to whack off about four inches just so it behaves again.

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126206

This is the back... I'm waiting for the front picture to be uploaded by my sister.. I'll post that one when I get it. My hair is up in a hair stick in this picture.. tonight I'm going to try some updo's and i'll post them if they are winners lol ;)

I want to go with the Audrey Hepburn look, instead of trying to figure out what DH wants.. I have always want that look, so I'm going to go for it :D

PurpleAshes
February 11th, 2012, 09:23 PM
OMG, that is STUNNING!

But I'm curious, what do you mean that your husband couldn't live with the other dress?

FrozenBritannia
February 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Wow, the back is amazing! i love the details and the rouching on the derriere, very vavavoom!!

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
OMG, that is STUNNING!

But I'm curious, what do you mean that your husband couldn't live with the other dress?

When we first were dress hunting, I tried on a dress that was white with silver/gold sequins on it and he begged me to buy it, but it was $310 and I would feel guilty for spending that much money on a dress for one night.. It's not in our budget like that.. Plus, I think he really just loved seeing me in a dress that kind of resembled like a wedding style one... except this one was a high/low lol.. showing off my knees and legs, but a 2 foot train in the back.. it was indeed phenomenal..

So I found the blue dress, but never stopped looking at dresses "just in case" i found a better one, but he couldn't stop talking about the white dress and how it made me "glow" and everything..

He said it was beautiful, but that he knew I deserved "better"... He was convinced I only bought the blue dress because it was so cheap... but I thought it did look really nice, too..

It wasn't a mean thing, he just wanted me to get something I truly loved, and I did LOVE the white, overly priced dress...

Anyways, I found this dress for $41 and bought it instead..

He kept mentioning that if I was still dress shopping, when I had the blue dress, that I obviously didn't have my heart set on it..

FrozenBritannia
February 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
What does he think of this one?

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:38 PM
What does he think of this one?

He loves it and says that its more like "me" lol.. I'm about to post the front picture :)

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126210

This is the front... its an awful picture.. I'm not mad, my face just looks like that when I'm calm.. lucky me ;)

FrozenBritannia
February 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM
pretty!! :D:cheese:

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
pretty!! :D:cheese:
Thank ya :) when i get a chance, i'll take pictures of the shoes I got for it.. and the earrings.. I want to do an audrey hepburn-like updo with a hairstick added in somewhere ;)

I gotta stay true to my LHC ways hehehe

Bedhead
February 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Yay! I can see pictures now!!!

Well Mommyof4, I am soooo excited for you! I was just thinking last night that I have always wanted to go to a ball, and here you are living the dream, you're special time with the man you married! Wow!

As for my opinions, I don't think I can add much to what others have already said. That dress is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it! And I suspect your face is going to be anything but calm on the night of the ball!

Have a wonderful, fantastical time! I hope that DH of yours sweeps you off your feet! ;)

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Yay! I can see pictures now!!!

Well Mommyof4, I am soooo excited for you! I was just thinking last night that I have always wanted to go to a ball, and here you are living the dream, you're special time with the man you married! Wow!

As for my opinions, I don't think I can add much to what others have already said. That dress is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it! And I suspect your face is going to be anything but calm on the night of the ball!

Have a wonderful, fantastical time! I hope that DH of yours sweeps you off your feet! ;)

Thank you for the well wishes :D

PurpleAshes
February 11th, 2012, 10:02 PM
$41, you say?! Certainly doesn't look like it, it's soo beautiful! And you look perfect in it. I'm very excited for you!

Mommyof4
February 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM
$41, you say?! Certainly doesn't look like it, it's soo beautiful! And you look perfect in it. I'm very excited for you!

Thank you :) Someone stained the inside with makeup, so it was $278, marked down to $41 :D There were quite a few marked down like that for little stains and stuff.. I'm just glad someone stained it LOL

julliams
February 11th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, just looked for the pics of the blue dress and the white dress and I have to say that I love the white dress on you. I especially love the back. You could do something really cool with your hair in a 20/30's vintage style. And $41 for that dress? Whoah - what a bargain!

Mommyof4
February 12th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, just looked for the pics of the blue dress and the white dress and I have to say that I love the white dress on you. I especially love the back. You could do something really cool with your hair in a 20/30's vintage style. And $41 for that dress? Whoah - what a bargain!

If you have any links or pics of updo's that would be pretty in your opinion, please post :) I want to do an Audrey Hepburn inspired updo.. but I'm worried my layers are going to give me trouble..

Kira94
February 12th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Wow! You look gorgeous!
Man, I hope I look like you after I have 4 kids! :D

Mommyof4
February 12th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Wow! You look gorgeous!
Man, I hope I look like you after I have 4 kids! :D

Wow, that is the nicest compliment I've ever received!! You're so nice!! :D

woolyleprechaun
February 12th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Aww, bless. Im just the same ! Me and DH just had a small quiet wedding. I wore a summer dress and he wore a short sleeved shirt, and we had mabe five guests :) What I try and think (when Im sulking about never having the opportunity to glam up) is that we are all about the MARRIAGE, not the wedding ;) afterall, its only one day, and ANYONE can have a wedding, but it takes special qualities to have a good marriage. But I digress (mabe Im abit envious of you having an 'occasion' to dress up for ;)) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair styled by sister :)

Mommyof4
February 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Aww, bless. Im just the same ! Me and DH just had a small quiet wedding. I wore a summer dress and he wore a short sleeved shirt, and we had mabe five guests :) What I try and think (when Im sulking about never having the opportunity to glam up) is that we are all about the MARRIAGE, not the wedding ;) afterall, its only one day, and ANYONE can have a wedding, but it takes special qualities to have a good marriage. But I digress (mabe Im abit envious of you having an 'occasion' to dress up for ;)) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair styled by sister :)

I agree, the marriage is what's most important.. but I am so happy that I get to dress up and feel like a princess for a day.. as long as his coworkers don't ruin it for us... I was humiliated about my "overly thin" body the other day.. so I plan to steer clear of them at the ball!

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126311

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126310

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126309

These are the earrings and shoes I'm going to wear.. i'm still undecided on bringing a clutch or id holder... hubby has pockets if I need him to carry stuff for me ;)

BlondieHepburn
February 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Woooweeee! Girl, you are going to look hot! :flamed:
I loved the blue dress, the colour was amazing. But this white dress is classy! I am so excited to see your final pictures. You better get someone to take some really nice photos of you and your man on that night. :eyebrows:

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Woooweeee! Girl, you are going to look hot! :flamed:
I loved the blue dress, the colour was amazing. But this white dress is classy! I am so excited to see your final pictures. You better get someone to take some really nice photos of you and your man on that night. :eyebrows:

Thanks, BlondieHepburn :D I liked the blue color too! Thank you for calling the white classy, I really hope to look that way with the finished look! I will definitely have someone take great pictures... I feel so special to have friends at LHC to share all of this with :D

missoj
February 13th, 2012, 10:54 AM
You looked beautiful in the blue dress, but absolutely stunning in the white.
If you're going to do your hair yourself here's a tutorial for Audrey Hepburn hair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQIBXWJM7g&list=PL25DF60A7ADBF0D74&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I saved the link wanting to try it myself, but never got around to it. I think it would compliment your earrings really nicely.

Tia2010
February 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The blue dress was very pretty but that white dress is amazing!! I can't wait to see the pictures :cheese: Love the ear-rings and shoes as well.

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
You looked beautiful in the blue dress, but absolutely stunning in the white.
If you're going to do your hair yourself here's a tutorial for Audrey Hepburn hair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaQIBXWJM7g&list=PL25DF60A7ADBF0D74&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I saved the link wanting to try it myself, but never got around to it. I think it would compliment your earrings really nicely.

Thank you soooo much for this tutorial!!!!!! I am SOOO going to try this! My sister might have to work, and we haven't planned anything as far as her coming to style my hair... so I've been trying to find ways to style it myself, just in case.. this is PERFECT!! I hope my hair will do it :)

Mommyof4
February 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
The blue dress was very pretty but that white dress is amazing!! I can't wait to see the pictures :cheese: Love the ear-rings and shoes as well.

The ball is this Saturday, so it's coming up quick.. my husband might have to work that day, so I'm on pins and needles worrying that we won't be able to go last minute :pray:

missoj
February 14th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Thank you soooo much for this tutorial!!!!!! I am SOOO going to try this! My sister might have to work, and we haven't planned anything as far as her coming to style my hair... so I've been trying to find ways to style it myself, just in case.. this is PERFECT!! I hope my hair will do it :)
It has a lot of steps, but I'm sure with a bit of practice beforehand, your hair should be able to hold the style perfectly.

Mommyof4
February 14th, 2012, 06:17 AM
It has a lot of steps, but I'm sure with a bit of practice beforehand, your hair should be able to hold the style perfectly.

The teasing part I hope to skip... I never tease my hair.. but I hope if I do have to do it, it isn't as bad as everyone says :p

Lostsoule77
February 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
That white dress is classy and stunning! The shoes and earrings should compliment it nicely. :) Just make sure you post a picture from the night of. I wanna see it all with a glowing face and not a calm one. :p

Mommyof4
February 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
That white dress is classy and stunning! The shoes and earrings should compliment it nicely. :) Just make sure you post a picture from the night of. I wanna see it all with a glowing face and not a calm one. :p

I will definitely post pictures! It's this Saturday night, I feel like it is so soon, but also so far away :o

I'm nervous, but excited :p

BlondieHepburn
February 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Ooh, that is such a nice style! You are going to look positively stunning!

I don't know if you plan to or not, but maybe you should practice before Saturday. I just know that in my experience of trying a new hairstyle for the first time on the day of an important event, there is a whole lot of potential for it to go wrong, and make me absolutely crazy. Then I run out of time for my makeup, and to dress properly, etc. haha. I doubt that will happen to you. But it is always as good idea to already have a feel for it beforehand. I follow this rule the same way that I don't bake a new recipe on a night where people are coming over. I experiment all the time on my own, but on big nights, I stick to what I know. You don't want to stress yourself over your hairdo. :p

Mommyof4
February 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Ooh, that is such a nice style! You are going to look positively stunning!

I don't know if you plan to or not, but maybe you should practice before Saturday. I just know that in my experience of trying a new hairstyle for the first time on the day of an important event, there is a whole lot of potential for it to go wrong, and make me absolutely crazy. Then I run out of time for my makeup, and to dress properly, etc. haha. I doubt that will happen to you. But it is always as good idea to already have a feel for it beforehand. I follow this rule the same way that I don't bake a new recipe on a night where people are coming over. I experiment all the time on my own, but on big nights, I stick to what I know. You don't want to stress yourself over your hairdo. :p

haha, I am the SAME way!! I've been practicing since last week lol.. all different styles.. my sister told me last night that she will come today and practice some on me.. so if she shows up.. i'll post what options she does ;)

Thanks for all the support and help!:D

xoxo

missoj
February 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
The teasing part I hope to skip... I never tease my hair.. but I hope if I do have to do it, it isn't as bad as everyone says :p
You could try using a bumpit maybe? If you have to tease, do it gently and take it out gently then deep condition. Also you don't tease at all, so if you do it just this once I don't think it would be too damaging, especially not if you do it gently and treat your hair afterwords.
I have teased my hair in the past and its not too bad, in my personal experience taking the tease out was the worst part (tangles and knots galore). But what ever you do I hope it works out.
Can't wait to see pics.

Mommyof4
February 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM
My sister came over and did a practice run on my hair and makeup! Yay! :)
The first picture, I'm wearing the earrings that I'll be wearing for the ball... For some reason I'm not in love with the white dress anymore lol... I guess it's just because I'm anxious and so it's dampening my excitement.. who knows.. I really liked my hair though.. she did tease it some.. but I'll just deep condition and hope for the best.. she did it as gently as possible with my wooden comb.. if that counts for anything ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126501

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126502

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126503

Mommyof4
February 17th, 2012, 12:36 PM
so yeah... I found out why hubby didn't "like" any other dresses... He got me the one he loved at first lol.. I will post pictures soon, my new computer and my camera don't like each other :( so it's a pain to upload them... This dress hunt has been so dramatic and crazy.. I hope the ball is serene and not crazy too lol..

Toiréasa
February 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Relax and have a good time :D oh and take lots of pictures!

FrozenBritannia
February 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
so yeah... I found out why hubby didn't "like" any other dresses... He got me the one he loved at first lol.. I will post pictures soon, my new computer and my camera don't like each other :( so it's a pain to upload them... This dress hunt has been so dramatic and crazy.. I hope the ball is serene and not crazy too lol..

Wait, he bought you the original white dress, the one that is shorter in the front than in the back? What a sweetie!! Can you return the other two?

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
http://http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126708

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126708

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126707

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126697

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126709

FrozenBritannia
February 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Very pretty!! Did you have fun?

Mommyof4
February 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah! It was a blast! I wish it would've lasted longer lol.. It was from 7-12 midnight.. but the dancing was only from 9:15 to 11:15... it flew by!!!

Cleopatra18
February 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Oh you look so great!!!! so glad you had a good time. everything looks perfect :)!!

Mommyof4
February 20th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Thank you!!!! :D

Mommyof4
February 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9523&pictureid=126799

This is us and some friends taking fun pictures.. Notice the peacock headbands ;)

Toiréasa
February 21st, 2012, 04:40 AM
Looks like you had a great time I'm glad you enjoyed yourself it's always nice to let your hair down once in a while lol....No pun intended :D

Mommyof4
February 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Lol..... I'm not using heat for 2012.. and it was storming.. so I thought it'd be best to wear it down, so when I got wet, it would already be curly, instead of having some mess on top of my head lol..

BlondieHepburn
February 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Amazing! I am so glad it turned out well for you. You look gorgeous!

missoj
February 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
you looked absolutely beautiful. How sweet of your husband to get the dress for you, but you looked amazing in all of them. Also I think your hair looks better down than if you had to put it up with this dress, the up style suits the first white dress more.

heidi w.
February 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hair styling is about proportion and about accenting whatever features the face/head offers. Are these all pictures of you? I don't think so. It's hard to choose when I have no idea how a given look will look on YOU.

I thought I had posted but perhaps it's a similar thread to a thread that ran a few months back (by now).

Allow me to say something about the wedding thing, renewing vows. Life is not ALL about money. It is quite possible to have a vow ceremony or something like that is very nice on a smaller budget. I have helped in lots of weddings, from uber expensive as in multiple thousands of dollars to weddings that cost around $1000. I think, also, if you include your kids, they'll be thrilled to do that with you and it can become a fave family memory, even. I just think that ruling it out entirely is not the best idea. I think it's very important to respect the marriage and give it what it needs and maybe a few times what it wants.

I hope that makes some sense.

Good luck and have a great time at your event.

ETA: Ok, this thread was resurrected so you could report back and share. You look beautiful and it appears that everyone had a wonderful time. I'm happy for you. Now, think about a vow ceremony.... END ETA

heidi w.

Mommyof4
March 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Actually, we are planning to renew our vows this November 8th, 2012, for our 8-year anniversary! I remembered our talk earlier, and it helped me to go forward without feeling guilty about money.

Life is not all about money, but with 4 kids and my husband's job not being the most secure(firefighters are being laid off constantly in our area, because people think it's better to have volunteer stations or because of budget cuts) , we tend to only spend in our comfort zone, when it is not a necessity purchase, which is usually less than $100.

However, it is something important to us and we have decided to just enjoy renewing our vows and like you said, having a great family memory for all of us :D

Thank you, Heidi, for the guidance, it has meant a lot and is very appreciated! I will most definitely be sharing that event with my LHC family!