PDA

View Full Version : Advice

DRIFTINSUX
January 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Okay fellow long hair(ed) friends...

I need some advice and have some questions...

I have grown my hair three times waist length, always then doing some drastic hair change. (Buzzing my hair, or cutting it to long layers to my chin, doing the Posh Beckham cut)

My hair is currently at waist length, I have made the decision to grow it to Classic Length because I always really wanted it that long! (However I get bored easily and tend to chop if off.) So I think this will be a nice length where I can keep it healthy.

I currently started using honey in my hair, because I read that it was good for moisture and protein. I don't know if it is actually doing anything, but I like the way my hair feels after I use it.
I also want to keep it healthy by cutting it an inch at a time. I am asking for all advice and anyone that has some input on this particular length and how to maintain it. Thank You!!!!! :)

DRIFTINSUX
January 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Side note...I also wanted to know about Conditioning only...if someone has any info on that too...Thank You

Maktub
January 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Welcome on LHC !

You are at the right place to take care of your hair ! Look around the mane board, you'll find lots of ideas for sure. Both on how to take care of your hair, grow it longer... and 10001 ways to wear it up, or down, in fun do's !

I'm currently aiming for my curls going down to waist ! Good job for getting there 3 times :)

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Okay fellow long hair(ed) friends...

I need some advice and have some questions...

I have grown my hair three times waist length, always then doing some drastic hair change. (Buzzing my hair, or cutting it to long layers to my chin, doing the Posh Beckham cut)

My hair is currently at waist length, I have made the decision to grow it to Classic Length because I always really wanted it that long! (However I get bored easily and tend to chop if off.) So I think this will be a nice length where I can keep it healthy.

I currently started using honey in my hair, because I read that it was good for moisture and protein. I don't know if it is actually doing anything, but I like the way my hair feels after I use it.
I also want to keep it healthy by cutting it an inch at a time. I am asking for all advice and anyone that has some input on this particular length and how to maintain it. Thank You!!!!! :)

Well my hair isn't quite as long as yours, but i can provide input. With the honey, if your hair likes it, keep it. If its not broke, don't fix it, I say. I personally use handmade poo and condish to help steer clear of cones and sulfates. Oiling your ends is also a great idea. I've used jojoba and mineral oils and liked both. I also only shampoo once a week so my hair doesn't get stripped. :D hope this helps!

Maktub
January 12th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Side note...I also wanted to know about Conditioning only...if someone has any info on that too...Thank You

Look here : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

:)

Madora
January 12th, 2012, 05:03 PM
About the only tips I can offer are:

1) learn to do protective updos to keep from becoming bored with your hair. The articles section has a great selection of styles to chose from (see hairstyling)

2) Keep away from blow frying/hot curlers/straighteners. Air dry is the gentlest way to dry your hair.

3) Use a silk pillowcase to protect delicate ends

4) Always detangle before brushing or combing!

5) S and D (Search and Destroy) to keep those splits at bay.

6) Trims..every 3 or 4 months..just a little (1/2 an inch)

DRIFTINSUX
January 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Welcome on LHC !

You are at the right place to take care of your hair ! Look around the mane board, you'll find lots of ideas for sure. Both on how to take care of your hair, grow it longer... and 10001 ways to wear it up, or down, in fun do's !

I'm currently aiming for my curls going down to waist ! Good job for getting there 3 times :)

Thank You sooo much. I actually need to post up some pictures that I have done of my updo's I like doing some authentic braiding with always turns out amazing. I am looking forward to being on this amazing journey.

Well my hair isn't quite as long as yours, but i can provide input. With the honey, if your hair likes it, keep it. If its not broke, don't fix it, I say. I personally use handmade poo and condish to help steer clear of cones and sulfates. Oiling your ends is also a great idea. I've used jojoba and mineral oils and liked both. I also only shampoo once a week so my hair doesn't get stripped. :D hope this helps!

Thank You!!! Yay, for long hair. I am trying to stay away from the "'cone's" I know they are bad. I am currently using Mane & Tail dandruff with olive oil, and my hair loves it!

DRIFTINSUX
January 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Look here : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

:)

Thank you...again! haha

About the only tips I can offer are:

1) learn to do protective updos to keep from becoming bored with your hair. The articles section has a great selection of styles to chose from (see hairstyling)

2) Keep away from blow frying/hot curlers/straighteners. Air dry is the gentlest way to dry your hair.

3) Use a silk pillowcase to protect delicate ends

4) Always detangle before brushing or combing!

5) S and D (Search and Destroy) to keep those splits at bay.

6) Trims..every 3 or 4 months..just a little (1/2 an inch)

Oh wow, Yeah I am going to have to look into this stuff! I appreciate all the help, this is fantastic!!!!

spidermom
January 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cones are bad? Don't tell my hair!

pepperminttea
January 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Ditto! Everything here is 'your mileage may vary' - nothing works for absolutely everyone. The best way to find out if something works for you, "evil" or not, is to experiment. :)

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM

They are if you're a silly little goose named Becky Bear! :D

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I want to say welcome. Its great to hear that you're wanting to take care of your hair. I found monistat is good for growth and weekly shampoo and conditioner is great.