PDA

View Full Version : Are these ingredients ok?

SopphireGem
January 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=593&prodid=155&sid=0&bid=222

Are the ingredients in this shampoo good for the hair?

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Well it has sulfate in it.......

vatikagirl
January 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Well it has sulfate in it.......
Ditto. But if your hair likes it then its no problem.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ditto. But if your hair likes it then its no problem.

True, do what your hair likes, but sulfate is known to be drying. :)

ktani
January 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Not all sulfates are drying. It depends on the formulation. The shampoo will build-up but many can do that. It will not damage your hair if that is what you are asking.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Not all sulfates are drying. It depends on the formulation. The shampoo will build-up but many can do that. It will not damage your hair if that is what you are asking.

As I said to each his own, but I would never use anything that had the word "sulfate" in it on my typically dry hair. Now, not everyone's hair is like mine I'm aware, but she asked, and I gave her my answer. End of story. :D

ktani
January 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
As I said to each his own, but I would never use anything that had the word "sulfate" in it on my typically dry hair. Now, not everyone's hair is like mine I'm aware, but she asked, and I gave her my answer. End of story. :D

We are not in disagreement. If your hair cannot deal with sulfates of any kind in a formulation, that is your experience.

My hair used to be dry but is fine with SLES in the shampoo I use now.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
We are not in disagreement. If your hair cannot deal with sulfates of any kind in a formulation, that is your experience.

My hair used to be dry but is fine with SLES in the shampoo I use now.

Oh, I know we're not. Sulfates are peachy for some people and not others. Depends on hair type and preference. However, a lot of people don't like sulfates in their poo, so I was pointing that out to her that they were in there. They dry my hair out terribly and leave knots. However, everyone's hair is different. I encourage you to see what works for you personally. :D

pepperminttea
January 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
It seems over-priced for what it is. :shrug:

vatikagirl
January 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
It seems over-priced for what it is. :shrug:
I second that.:rolleyes:

Anje
January 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM
It just looks like a basic anti-dandruff shampoo, from what I can tell. You'd probably get comparable results with a bottle of Head & Shoulders.

Amber_Maiden
January 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
The beeswax will probably coat the hair... too much for my taste, but whatever floats your boat.