PDA

View Full Version : Wood elf with purple hair

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hey all!

I just put up my wood elf (and purple hair) pics in my albums in case anyone would like to see. These were taken in October, so my hair is abit longer now. I'm a HUGE Tolkien fan and a great lover of elves. :)

Let me know what you chappies think! :D

Amber_Maiden
January 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Love it! Very pretty!!!

BlondieHepburn
January 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Wonderful photos!!

Hairitic
January 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Love your Wood Elf Pics. You look lovely :)

teal
January 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Very pretty!

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
He's cute.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for all your nice comments, everyone! :grouphug:

raveness13
January 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
You look lovely. Very fantasy like.

holothuroidea
January 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
You are so pretty! And very elven, too. Your hair is going to look great at your goal length, it looks very healthy now.

Two questions: I want purple hair, too! Well, maybe not purple, but I'm having rainbow color cravings. Did you do that over virgin hair? I always thought that manic panic et al needed to be put over dyed or bleached hair to absorb. Secondly, that dress is so cool, did you make it yourself?

Also, any day is a good day to hug a tree. :D

He's cute.

Who? :confused:

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
You are so pretty! And very elven, too. Your hair is going to look great at your goal length, it looks very healthy now.

Two questions: I want purple hair, too! Well, maybe not purple, but I'm having rainbow color cravings. Did you do that over virgin hair? I always thought that manic panic et al needed to be put over dyed or bleached hair to absorb. Secondly, that dress is so cool, did you make it yourself?

Also, any day is a good day to hug a tree. :D

Who? :confused:

No, the dress I to on eBay. :) I can't sew to save my life.

As for my hair, I had it purple for about 4 months before I dyed it back to my natural color of dark brown. Yes, I had to bleach it. It was getting expensive and damaging to dye it purple. I had to redye it every 2 weeks or so to keep the vibrancy. I'm not trying to dissuade you, just warn you that if you use bleach, it gets damaging and if you keep it a neon color, it gets expensive to keep having to redye. Just some things to consider. I by no means regret it; I loved it! But when I decided to grow my hair out, I realized that bleaching and growing healthy hair don't exactly go hand in hand. Do what you like with your own hair though, by all means. :D

princessp
January 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Very pretty pictures. That looks like it was a fun day too!

long&blonde
January 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Lovely photos. You are very pretty. You have a mystical quality to your beauty I've not seen before. From a distance;such as take your current LHC siggy photo;Lovely young girl. But then I just looked at your profile,so your siggy photo became larger and close up? Up close;you truly look elven. So cool;kinda like from a distance,you might think it a dragon fly or a flower,but if you get the chance to look closely;Elf. Very cool:as it is purely you. Awesome pictures.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Lovely photos. You are very pretty. You have a mystical quality to your beauty I've not seen before. From a distance;such as take your current LHC siggy photo;Lovely young girl. But then I just looked at your profile,so your siggy photo became larger and close up? Up close;you truly look elven. So cool;kinda like from a distance,you might think it a dragon fly or a flower,but if you get the chance to look closely;Elf. Very cool:as it is purely you. Awesome pictures.

How kind of you to say! :flowers: I delve a lot into the world of Tolkien, so it's pry starting to rub off on me. :D

ktani
January 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The pictures are great and you look beautiful. May I ask what colour are your eyes? Are they blue or violet? I know violet shades can enhance blue eyes.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
The pictures are great and you look beautiful. May I ask what colour are your eyes? Are they blue or violet? I know violet shades can enhance blue eyes.

My eyes are hazel but I wear purple contacts. :D

holothuroidea
January 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
No, the dress I to on eBay. :) I can't sew to save my life.

As for my hair, I had it purple for about 4 months before I dyed it back to my natural color of dark brown. Yes, I had to bleach it. It was getting expensive and damaging to dye it purple. I had to redye it every 2 weeks or so to keep the vibrancy. I'm not trying to dissuade you, just warn you that if you use bleach, it gets damaging and if you keep it a neon color, it gets expensive to keep having to redye. Just some things to consider. I by no means regret it; I loved it! But when I decided to grow my hair out, I realized that bleaching and growing healthy hair don't exactly go hand in hand. Do what you like with your own hair though, by all means. :D

I have no intention of bleaching my hair!! BTDT :D
I've seen some people here use Manic Panic on virgin hair, but they are blondes. I was hoping that you would have wonderful news of getting that beautiful color right over your brown hair. Mine is a very dark blonde so I don't know if I could get away with it. I was thinking a darker color like purple might work.

I used to use neon colors, orange was my favorite. *sigh* I am just remembering the good old days. :)

long&blonde
January 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
How kind of you to say! :flowers: I delve a lot into the world of Tolkien, so it's pry starting to rub off on me. :D
I honestly believe that often there is a reason we delve into what we delve into.
I've never managed (always say "yet," lol) to get pictures up, but, I've always delved into Amazon & Valkyrie stories & tales. Artemis was the Goddess associated with the Amazons. Her familiar was an owl. I'm blessed to still be hanging out with my Mum:who shared with me the spot I was conceived;in an attic directly below a huge Owl Weathervane. The attic & owl;still there,I live near there. But I can't count the number of times in my life strangers approached me,in work clothes,& commented I was like a Valkyrie or Amazon. Like Popeye said "I am what I am", but all I said:so true. And I love that "from a distance,lovely young woman", close up, elf quality you have. So clear in your photos,its like shapeshifting.

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I honestly believe that often there is a reason we delve into what we delve into.
I've never managed (always say "yet," lol) to get pictures up, but, I've always delved into Amazon & Valkyrie stories & tales. Artemis was the Goddess associated with the Amazons. Her familiar was an owl. I'm blessed to still be hanging out with my Mum:who shared with me the spot I was conceived;in an attic directly below a huge Owl Weathervane. The attic & owl;still there,I live near there. But I can't count the number of times in my life strangers approached me,in work clothes,& commented I was like a Valkyrie or Amazon. Like Popeye said "I am what I am", but all I said:so true. And I love that "from a distance,lovely young woman", close up, elf quality you have. So clear in your photos,its like shapeshifting.

If I had 3 wishes, one would be to be a Rivendell elf with frequent visits to Lothlorien. The other would be to have knee length, healthy hair that could change color on command. I'd have to think on the third. Pry would end up being something like eating whatever I want without any ill effects to my health. (damn you cherry coke and rocky road ice cream!!!) the point is, my first wish would be to be an elf in Rivendell so I'm glad you think I've grasped at least the look. :D

Shimmy
January 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I really love those pics :)