PDA

View Full Version : Total Length in 1 year?

HeatherMae
July 15th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Just curious, of all the time that you have been growing your hair, what is the most amount of growth you have gotten in one year?

Katze
July 15th, 2008, 05:06 AM
no way to tell because of all the trimming...however my hair has grown about 1 inch in thickness since coming here.

Given the number of hair-prediction tickers, there are some real experts on this here, so hopefully they will be along to help!

Juliet's Silk
July 15th, 2008, 05:18 AM
2005: 4,8" total growth - 0,39" trimmed = 4,5" net gain
2006: 7" - 1,5" trimmed = 5,3"
2007: 9" - 6,5" trimmed = 2,5"

I measure in centimeters so the measurements are usually rounded. The 2007 numbers can be a bit off - it is hard to tell the actual gain if you're trimming it off, I have problems with gauging how much I actually trimmed off, so the trimming figures are the result of a bit of guessing.
So the most would be 9" but I think that's a bit too much, I think in reality it was more around 8" or so.

ETA: Can you tell that I absolutely love it to play with my growth calculation chart? :lol:

Guenever
July 15th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I only have measurements for 1 whole year so far :P
Dec 2006 - Dec 2007: 7,13" of total growth - 1,43" trim = 5,7" length gain

Samara Morgan
July 15th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Well I trimmed at random points during my first year of growth which was the year I've had the most growth so far and that came in at a total of 4.75" :( I wasn't very impressed lol :nono:

lora410
July 15th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I think mine was 6 or 7 inches but I will know by october and that is in between huge months of stalls.

squiggyflop
July 15th, 2008, 06:48 AM
well ive gotten a little more than 9 inches of new growth so far this year but ive trimmed 4.. so i can only see 5 or so inches of length growth.. its a good thing my hair grew so fast or else i wouldnt have any visible growth after the trims.. in one more month ill be able to tell you all exactly how much its grown as its only been 11 months..

ladystar
July 15th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Not sure but i think about 6 inches.

tiny_teesha
July 15th, 2008, 07:41 AM
12cm average

Radulfr
July 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I probably gained around six inches in a good year

Saranne772
July 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Well I had a major trim last year in Sept but this year it seems like I am growing an inch a month so I would expect to grow between 10 and 12 inches a year- allowing for bad months.

Finoriel
July 15th, 2008, 08:04 AM
It used to be ca. 8 inch / year for me.
But I stopped to measure regularly and I started to maintain my length recently. So it would be hard to tell if it is still growing that fast.

Exodus
July 15th, 2008, 08:46 AM
You all have so fast hair growth. For me, I'm lucky if my hair grows at maximum 4-4,5 inches per year. It's so unfair. *rant*

jojo
July 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM
since I joined I have grown from 18" to hopefully 25" by my one year anniversary in a couple of weeks and I have cut roughly 2.5" so 9.5" 9" for me!

Amara
July 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I grow a pretty steady 6" per year! Last year I gained 4.5ish with all the trims. My second year ends in Sept and it should be another 6" total growth unless the vitamins make a noticeable difference!

squiggyflop
July 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Well I had a major trim last year in Sept but this year it seems like I am growing an inch a month so I would expect to grow between 10 and 12 inches a year- allowing for bad months.
wow.. i wish mine would grow that fast.. well actually it did used to grow that fast but now its slow.. *sigh*

suicides_eve
July 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM
i am gonna guessitmate about 10" of growth a year for me i started around 2 inches at my longest point i am now about 2 inches past shoulder.

C_Bookworm
July 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Last year i trimmed two inches off, and got 13 inches on top of that.

squiggyflop
July 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Last year i trimmed two inches off, and got 13 inches on top of that.
the jealousy train just rolled up to my house with you driving it.. what exactly does one have to do to get that kind of growth.. i feel awful to have only gotten a little more than 9 inches.. when you got 15.. im not so sure that i believe you:suspect: ive never heard about growth that fast not even in the guinnus (sp?) book of world records.. and i used to read the whole book front to back every year..

DecafJane
July 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
About 9 or 10 per year, without trims. I thank genetics. :)

Fee
July 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Usually about 6-8cm a year, but due to better care my hair grew (minus trims) about 16cm last year..still pretty average, but hey a big improvement for me! :D

Hampshirelass
July 16th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I have been growing mine for almost a year now (start of August will be a year), had one trim of about 1/2 inch off and my hair is measuring 7 1/2 inches more than when I started, so I would say a years growth for me to be 8 inches.

Wow, some people here have an amazing hair growth each year! 13 inches!!!! I'm very envious :)

socks
July 16th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I have a very steady growth rate of 6" per year. I don't think that there has ever been a year when my hair grew even 1/2" more than that.

harley mama
July 16th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Nov. 2006-Oct. 2007 = 5.5"
Oct. 2007- July 2008 = 3"

I had a very slow growth year due to taking chemo for 7 months of it.
I am pleased with my overall progress. My hair is thinner now, too.
But, it is already filling back in. And, I still have hair! So, I am pleased!

bex487
July 16th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'd say I get a good 8 inches a year, I feel like my hair grows more than 1/2 inch each month. However, I only recently started measuring and keeping track, so I'm not being very accurate with my guesses I'm afraid. I do know that everyone remarks on how quickly my hair grows!

3c_Gemini_Curls
July 16th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I get the avg 6 inches...but the back of my head is capable of 8 inches

squiggyflop
July 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I get the avg 6 inches...but the back of my head is capable of 8 inches
the back of my head grows faster too

C_Bookworm
July 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM
the jealousy train just rolled up to my house with you driving it.. what exactly does one have to do to get that kind of growth.. i feel awful to have only gotten a little more than 9 inches.. when you got 15.. im not so sure that i believe you:suspect: ive never heard about growth that fast not even in the guinnus (sp?) book of world records.. and i used to read the whole book front to back every year..

Lol. My mom wondered the same thing. She dragged me to the doctor, afraid i had hyperthyroidism. Thankfully it wasn't that, since in addition to really fast hair growth, there are all sorts of negative effects. He basically took all sorts of tests and said he had no idea. But i'm just enjoying the growth. So what can i say, i don't really have an answer aside from being really nice to my hair, no color, no heat, head massage twice every day.

Alva
July 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
7 inches in a year was most for me. I havent been measuring much the last 2 years, so I cant tell for sure how much it was exactly then.

Starr
July 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I get around 7-8 inches a year. Not spectacular but still above average.

thankyousir74
July 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I believe mine might be a bit more than six inches so far but I haven't grown it for a year yet

spidermom
July 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
5.5 inches, and that's with 4 trims over the course of the year.

harpgal
July 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Without trims - 5 inches
With trims - 2 1/2 to 3 inches

atlantaz3
July 16th, 2008, 05:13 PM
4 inches in a year - as in measured this last year (and I did two half inch trims so I only gained three inches)

Arniky
July 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM
havent measured but would be abouy 8 inches or so

sapphire-o
July 16th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Mine has always been 6 - 7 inches, no trims. This year I already had two trims so I'm not gonna see much growth. I guess I should feel grateful that my hair never gets damaged or break off, or the growth would be even slower.

Nevermore
July 16th, 2008, 10:49 PM
When I did the math and followed the progress in pictures I'd taken for other purposes, I came up with about 10 inches last year. I assume that that's correct because I've always had really fast growing hair and my measurements this year have given me close to an inch per month of growth.

Mandie
July 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Roughly 9ish"

Insofar as hyperthyroidism - it hasn't been linked to wildly faster hair growth, but it has been linked to hair loss and hair breakage. I'm hyperthyroid lol. I wish it meant I could hit 13"/yr geesh. xDDD

Millielie
July 17th, 2008, 04:04 AM
My hair grows about 8" / year. Fast enough for me :D

desisparkles
October 14th, 2018, 11:25 PM
omg can I just say what a great profile, pic?!

Milady_DeWinter
October 15th, 2018, 12:28 AM
About 6" of growth, 4" in total due to trims would be my marks :)

Arciela
October 15th, 2018, 01:14 AM
I'm not even sure anymore. My bf cut my hair in the beginning of August above APL. In September I had him trim it again. It's just now brushing the top of my bra strap..

leayellena
October 15th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Just curious, of all the time that you have been growing your hair, what is the most amount of growth you have gotten in one year?

10 to 12 cm without trimming.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 15th, 2018, 02:20 AM
I seem to get a steady 7.25" a year. I'm content with that.

Zesty
October 15th, 2018, 05:45 AM
I grew about 6" in 2017, maybe a little less. I started at 34" in January, and after my next trim at the beginning of 2018 I was at 39.25. :) I'm getting a bit less than that so far in 2018.

AngelAlly
October 17th, 2018, 11:44 AM
I just went a year without trimming and I think it grew about 8 inches maybe slightly over. I didn't measure from start to finish though because I didn't think about it at last trim. I live someplace humid and hot so I don't know if summer weather most of the year helps. My mom's hair grows really fast too.

Corvana
October 20th, 2018, 12:18 AM
From 9/9/17 to 9/9/18 i grew 7.4" or 18.7cm, apparently!

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
October 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
From 88 cm on October 18th 2017 to 101,5 cm on October 18th 2018 makes 13 cm for me :)

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 11:47 AM
I stopped keeping tabs on growth a long long time ago. I do know that from November 2016 until last week 2018, I went from hip to FTL. So that's not bad, in my book (no trims in between). That's almost 2 years of growth.

Cg
October 20th, 2018, 12:22 PM
I stopped keeping tabs on growth a long long time ago.

Same. Used to average ~ 6"/yr so likely still is. It keeps growing consistently which is all that matters.

WyntreBlossom
October 20th, 2018, 12:23 PM
I don't measure in inches (but I probably should start, but here is my photo from my recent 1 year + a month hair - i versary for a visual look at some progress XD https://i.imgur.com/3XCzDcv.jpg?1

lapushka
October 20th, 2018, 03:51 PM
I don't measure in inches (but I probably should start, but here is my photo from my recent 1 year + a month hair - i versary for a visual look at some progress XD https://i.imgur.com/3XCzDcv.jpg?1

That's good progress for a little over a year!

Cg, same. I get around 6 inches average a year, I think. I did have a little bit of a growth spurt the last couple of months, and I never have those!

dagny
December 1st, 2018, 06:48 PM
I have been measuring since October and it appears that I have grown a consistent 2cm a month (1 cm every 2 weeks) -- so about 9.5 inch a year average at this growth rate. However, since it is winter here, I am thinking I may grow faster in the summer months because in the past I could chop my hair to armpit length and then (even with a couple of good trims) grow it to waist-length within the year. (Of course, I AM getting older...YIKES!... so I shall have to see if things have slowed down)

Milady_DeWinter
December 2nd, 2018, 01:52 AM
6 inches quite exactly, I'm trimming about 2" each year so 4" of gain.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2018, 02:03 AM
I get 7.25 inches a year.

Joules
December 2nd, 2018, 02:04 AM
I measured from September 2017 to September 2018:

18cm (7'') total growth - 5cm (2") trimmed - 13cm (5") gained

I wish I took pictures, but my taper makes me hate looking at my hair from the back

gustavonut
December 2nd, 2018, 03:26 AM
I usually grow at least 6 inches in a year.

MusicalSpoons
December 2nd, 2018, 09:26 AM
This year is the first time I've taken note, and based on the milestones it is 6 inches this year. (I thought I went through a stall / slower period but that was down to measuring by feel, which is not wise for very thin ends along the thigh bone! Measuring by sight is the only reliable way for that stretch, for me anyway.)

Sparkles122
December 2nd, 2018, 10:53 AM
I *think* its between 6-8, some years 6 and some years 8 and some years just in between. I went from around APL to hip legnth (before I chopped it all off) in around a year and a half maybe a couple months more. And I think (unless measuring wrong) APL is around 20 on me and hip legnth is 32

AutobotsAttack
December 3rd, 2018, 02:04 AM
This year so far I got a whopping 9.5 inches. Went from 24 inches at the beginning of this year, and measured yesterday at 33.5. Yay! I’ve got one more month and I’m sure I’ll get my usual 1.2-1.3 inches of growth. So I’ll have had nearly 11 inches of growth this year.

lemonlollies
December 6th, 2018, 05:14 PM
This year so far I got a whopping 9.5 inches. Went from 24 inches at the beginning of this year, and measured yesterday at 33.5. Yay! I’ve got one more month and I’m sure I’ll get my usual 1.2-1.3 inches of growth. So I’ll have had nearly 11 inches of growth this year.

Wow that’s amazing!

lemonlollies
December 6th, 2018, 05:15 PM
I think I’ve grown about 4 or 5 inches, with 2 trims, so probably gained about 2 inches. I need to start measuring to know for sure, though...

maborosi
December 8th, 2018, 12:52 AM
I grow consistently 6 inches a year, but that's with some pretty big trims. I think I may grow around 7-8 per year, but that's just a guess. I've measured and I believe I usually get about 0.75" per month of growth, generally.

illicitlizard
December 8th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Well if my tape measuring is correct, I'm on track for slightly over 18cm/7in in a year. Have been tracking since my buzz in January and it still seems to be growing relatively consistently at 0.5mm/day. Which, not mad at it, but would love it if it could grow a tad faster...

Ligeia Noire
December 10th, 2018, 08:20 PM
My hair grows at a normal rate, I think, my length was around 55,5 at New Year's eve last year and I measured 61 inches yesterday with a small trim at the beginning of the year.

JackintheBox
December 13th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Mine grows quite fast. I would say between 7-9 inches per year. But I trim every few months so the net gain is usually more like 6-7 in the end.

victorian girl
December 14th, 2018, 01:00 PM
7 inches (18 cm), which is quite surprising considering how stressful this year was and the amount of shedding I had, that reduced just recently. I wonder how fast it could grow at better circumstances...

Suortuva
January 1st, 2019, 08:12 AM
Well, I gained only 4,5 cm this year. But I trimmed 13 cm so I'm actually surprised that my hair grew that much (17,5 cm or 6,9 inches.)

I hope I can gain some more length next year, but I don't know how realistic it is with my bad ends.

TatsuOni
January 1st, 2019, 09:44 AM
My hair grew 15 cm in 2018 and I trimmed 2 cm, so I still gained 13 cm. That's the most length I've ever gained and the most my hair's grown since I began to measure it.

Gwyned
January 1st, 2019, 10:10 AM
I get around 10-12 inches per year. I normally chop it back to BSL every February. I'm not doing it this year. I don't want to do it anymore because I prefer my hair long and I'm far too scissor-happy for my own good.

Skunklover
January 1st, 2019, 10:17 AM
Wow everyone on here really keeps close track of their hair growth! I honestly feel like my hair grows so so slow. Like maybe 3-4 inches in a year and I’m not exaggerating. This year I plan on really working on my hair and being consistent with measuring and piling and being kind with it. As in no dying...wish me luck and a lot of growth!!!!

AmaryllisRed
January 1st, 2019, 10:42 AM
Wow everyone on here really keeps close track of their hair growth! I honestly feel like my hair grows so so slow. Like maybe 3-4 inches in a year and I’m not exaggerating. This year I plan on really working on my hair and being consistent with measuring and piling and being kind with it. As in no dying...wish me luck and a lot of growth!!!!

Some do, some don't. I was measuring every 2-3 months at first but like... one time I measured and got the same number as two months before and that did my head in. I try not to measure anymore if I can help it. Makes me obsess and that's definitely not something I want.

Good luck and happy growing!

Afanen
January 1st, 2019, 11:42 AM
Mine went from APL to brushing waist length 2017-2018 with no real trims other than S&Ds and more hair dye and bleach than i'd like to admit. Hoping to reach hip this year!

MusicalSpoons
January 1st, 2019, 04:05 PM

I generally don't. I measured the length between classic and knee to see where mid-thigh was on me, and how far it was to knee; I also happened to take photos when I realised I was nearing milestones which just happened to be a year apart :grin: otherwise I wouldn't really know! Before this year I had *no* idea.

I also measure the length of my hair randomly when I feel like it but haven't kept records; I only know approximately how long 2 milestones are on me. I also know approximate distances between various random milestones on my body, but not how long they are in inches measured as hair lengths :shrug:

It can be good to keep track, as long as you don't find yourself obsessing over it or getting worried if it appears you have a stall - there can be seasonal variations, so maybe this year just keep track to observe :) I'm sure with determination you'll make great progress with health as well as length this year :D

Gwyned
January 2nd, 2019, 09:35 AM
Some do, some don't. I was measuring every 2-3 months at first but like... one time I measured and got the same number as two months before and that did my head in. I try not to measure anymore if I can help it. Makes me obsess and that's definitely not something I want.

Good luck and happy growing!

OMG. I really hate when that happens. That's why I try not to measure very often. Once or twice a year out of curiosity. Otherwise I get paranoid and obnoxious. LOL. Just see my blogs. LOL.

FennFire911
January 4th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I did the No Trimming Challenge for 2018. From 1-2-18 to 1-3-19 my hair has gained 5.5 inches in length. I don’t frequently, but I definitely wanted to know my yearly total.