PDA

View Full Version : Colorist URGENT HELP NEEDED for my daughter

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I need some urgent help for my youngest daughter, she put a dye on her hair yesterday, a light brown one (her hair is naturally a shade darker) she had about 2" of roots prior to doing this. Now when she washed it off the length has turned a light brown and is quite pretty, if not dryish, but her roots which were virgin are bottle green like this ---->:D type of green.

I have advised she puts a red dye on, but she is worried it wont cover the green and she will end up with bright red hair with green roots.

So far she has used tomato sauce with no luck, clarified and chalated with no luck!

I am going to go into town this morning to get her a dye, any advice on colour, type of dye perm/temp? products that can rid her of this?

Id be really grateful as she is just sat here with her hood pulled right over her head, crying her eyes out. Her hair doesn't look in too bad condition, but she does abuse it terribly. Thank you

sfgirl
January 12th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Maybe color oops? My mother accidently died her hair violet once trying to do something like this. She ended up going to Sallys and asking for help, and she got it back to a normal color. I can't remember how though.
I'm sorry for your daughter. One time a stylist died my hair bright yellow (which in hindsight wasn't THAT terrible) but I wouldn't even leave the house. I hope things work out, being a teen with messed up hair is tough.

UltraBella
January 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM
What did she use specifically ? Brand, color..... Would help very much.

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 12:59 AM
were in the UK so could try colour b4, but she has gone lighter not darker so it really wouldnt do anything would it?? her main problem is the 2" green roots, she likes the length colour but the green roots are getting her, understandably down. I suppose if it had turned out brassy, violet would be ideal, thank anyway!

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 01:01 AM
What did she use specifically ? Brand, color..... Would help very much.

so glad you have seen this, she did it at her mates and all I know is it was a boots own make in lightest brown. Sorry I can't be more specific and it was a permanent dye!

luxepiggy
January 12th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I'd opt for trying Colour B4 or a similar product, if it were my hair.

UltraBella
January 12th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Lightest ASH brown ??? That would explain the green.
I am contemplating a solution........

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Would this work on hair thats been lightened though and what would it do to the green? I thought only dye removers worked on hair dyed too dark. Maybe it wouldn't hurt even if it just removed the green. oh what a dilemma!

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Lightest ASH brown ??? That would explain the green.
I am contemplating a solution........

very well might have been it does look a "cool" colour on the length, cool as opposed to warm!

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 02:12 AM
anybody I have to set off in an hour. should I get her a red or will any warm colour get rid of it????

luxepiggy
January 12th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Get the colour b4. It is for removing hair colour, which is what the green is. Even though she went lighter, the actual process IIRC for permanent colour is that some of the natural colour is lifted out, then a new colour deposited in. That new depositing colour is what's causing the green.

UltraBella
January 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
JoJo, I am so sorry !! Our Internet was down for several hours and I couldn't get back on here.
So, what did you decide ? And is there a result yet ??

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM
no worries, we got her a plum colour which she hasn't put on as yet but will let you know the outcome!

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Maybe color oops? My mother accidently died her hair violet once trying to do something like this. She ended up going to Sallys and asking for help, and she got it back to a normal color. I can't remember how though.
I'm sorry for your daughter. One time a stylist died my hair bright yellow (which in hindsight wasn't THAT terrible) but I wouldn't even leave the house. I hope things work out, being a teen with messed up hair is tough.

Lol and I dyed my hair violet on purpose. :p

misspurdy06
January 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
another box of color a shade darker and neutral like neutral medium brown

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Well the plum did the trick, though you can still see slight green like a ravens wing kinda green, which doesn't look too bad. Her hair is trashed though, so she is going to cut it short. Luckily for her she grows very fast, she had it cut a little longer than a pixie last February and its past bsl already...she doesn't have my growth genes! only my impulsive nature, thanks to everybody for your support!

UltraBella
January 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I suggest she do some nice deep treatments on it and wait before cutting. The cuticle has been lifted and it takes time for hair to feel normal again. She may not be as bad off as she thinks.

jojo
January 13th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I suggest she do some nice deep treatments on it and wait before cutting. The cuticle has been lifted and it takes time for hair to feel normal again. She may not be as bad off as she thinks.

thank you so much for your input, i bought her some coconut oil yesterday and will get her a deep conditioning treatment too. To be honest she bleaches it white, puts a different colour on gets fed up, bleaches again and so on part of being a young girl i suppose, but this really did scare her, poor thing! thank you again for your help, oh just one last thing will she need protein or a moisturising DC?

UltraBella
January 13th, 2012, 07:59 AM
thank you so much for your input, i bought her some coconut oil yesterday and will get her a deep conditioning treatment too. To be honest she bleaches it white, puts a different colour on gets fed up, bleaches again and so on part of being a young girl i suppose, but this really did scare her, poor thing! thank you again for your help, oh just one last thing will she need protein or a moisturising DC?

Both most likely. I would do the protein treatment followed directly by something VERY moisturizing. Make sure the protein treatment is meant for hair, that way the nano particles are small enough to actually penetrate.