PDA

View Full Version : Happy Moments in Hair Thread

CurlyCap
January 11th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I think the Mane Forum needs a place where people can just come write a post about something hair-related and wonderful without worrying about creating a whole new thread, and yet still share their story with the whole forum.

Feel free to use this space as a place brag, crow, celebrate, or show off that one random pic you're strangely shy but proud of....share your happy moments!

Feel free to browse other's happy moments while leaving them praise, and take it all as evidence that patience and good care will eventually lead to stunning hair. :D

hanne jensen
January 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM
After reading a thread about where exactly on the body is MBL, I found that I have just achieved MBL! My hair is growing after all!

kamikaze hair
January 12th, 2012, 02:05 AM
happy moments in hair thread: Well, my latest happiest moment was followed by a rather almost traumatic hair moment. I was having a full week of that full paranoia "WANNA CUT MY HAIR REAL SHORT RIGHT NOW!!!" moment. and it wasn't going away, my ends were driving me bonkers cause they seemed so thin. So my friend, who has beautiful long hip length hair, who also understands my hair journey, grabbed her hair scissors, and cut off half an inch off my ends. Cause she did it so suddenly, without giving me a chance to think about it, it completely cured me of wanting to cut my hair!! IT SO WORKED!!! after that I had a complete epiphany and now I really dont think i'll have that paranoia feeling again for a REALLY LONG TIME. :) Now i'm heaps happy with my hair.

Oh, and the other day, I successfully reached 100 days in the wear your hair up for a month/year/whatever challenge.

:toast:

MonaLisa
January 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Colleague just called me Pocahontas.
It feels good, because my hair was feeling short lately..
And I'm wearing a side braid...I ran to bathroom to check in the mirror, and it does look yummie!! :D

I'm also making plans and enjoying thinking about it as much as i will enjoy doing it..
Lush Caca Marron + Lush Caca Rouge + Conditioner + EVOO...on my lenghts..for 2, 3 hours...and castor oil + nettle extract + panthenol for scalp massage at same time....Mmmm can't wait. Think I'm gonna do this next week...

Arctic
January 12th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I got few hair compliment over the holidays! And it looks like the shortest layers are growing, finally!

Neneka
January 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
My hair is starting to look like a bob (finally, 9 months after chopping it to a really short pixie) and I can feel that it has grown a lot lately. I think that I am having some sort of winter growth spurt.

teal
January 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
The shortest layer is now in mid-back land and somehow it seems like there's more hair! Yay!

CarpeDM
January 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
A friend called me Cher the other day because of my hair, I thought that was hysterical and nice too :)

xoerincolleen
January 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I was sitting in front of my brother and he said "Erin...your hair is really long. I just noticed." I was like :D THAAAAANKS!

Darkessa
January 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ive discovered that my shortest layers, are now longer than the longest layer was when I first started growing... By an INCH! :D

PinkyCat
January 12th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Watching TV with DF when a Proactive commercial comes on featuring Katy Perry.

DF: She's got the black hair.
Me: I love it, I'm so obsessed with black hair lately.
DF: Your hair is black.
Me: My hair is purple. *holds it upto the light* See. Not black-black like this shirt, black.
DF: I like your color better than black-black
Me: :crush::crush::crush:

aisha.christine
January 12th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I have to untuck my hair from my collar when I get dressed in the morning :D
It's a small milestone, but it's been a long time since I have had to do that.

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I'm happy with the advice I've gotten here. I love the way I have discovered the tools to beautiful hair and ways to maximize hair growth.

battles
January 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
When I first measured my ponytail, it was 2.75". I'm at a 3.5" now. :D

Long_hair_bear
January 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
My recent happy hair moment came on Monday. I was at my trusty hair stylists and she told me not only did I not need a trim, but that my clarifying treatment worked (I had never clarified my hair before, ever!) but that my dye job came out so close to my natural color that I'll never need to dye my hair again. Since those were all three the goals, I was overjoyed! :D

Oh and not hair related, but I have a s'mores pie baking in the oven right now! :joy:

sisi33
January 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
After catching the "CHOP IT ALL OFF!" (evil) bug, which inevitably hits me at night for the past 2 weeks or so, I decided to change my hemline from a V to a U- (in the process cuting of about 2", which leaves me about 1 1/2" from waist! Horray!!!) I'm inlove with my hair again!

I've also made it my New Years Resolution to not cut my hair at night- which is how I lost a year and a halves worth of growth last winter. :rolleyes: But it's defiantly growing much better now, than pre-LHC! What the heck did I do without you guys before???! :flower:

patienceneeded
January 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
A co-worker saw me with my hair down (well, half-up) and commented, "Wow! You're hair has gotten really long! So pretty!" I don't think it's all that long (BSL) but it's nice to know that other people think it is long.

Heba Macary
January 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM
hey LHC im a new person is this site..pardon me if my language is bad....I know it may not be the topic you pple talking abut here but i need help my hair its long till my wait but it it thinning and i used castor oil but it is too heavy for me is there any other way to treat my hair without oils but in a natural way !!!!
peace from Egypt

Mayflower
January 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I got a lot of hair compliments (and dress-compliments, which are nice too:D) yesterday, and I had just re-henndigo'd my hair so it was all nice and dark and voluminous! One guy said it matched perfectly with my burgundy new dress so I was like :cheese:

PurusNox
January 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I remember one time when I used to go Ice Skating a lot, a girl about the same age as me skated up to me and said "I love your hair, my sister would fancy you". It sure made me smile for a bit haha :D

raveness13
January 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
My hair has been growing noticeably faster since I started using coconut oil! Almost twice as fast as before! :cheese:

sfgirl
January 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
It's weird but my big hair milestone is cutting my hair off some. I feel like now my hair journey has begun. :)

RapunzelKat
January 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have mastered the four-strand box braid! I have even nailed down a strategy for pulling it forward and finishing the braid in front without a single lump, twist, or hole in the braid. I am wearing one today and it turned out PERFECT! :D :happydance:

Safira
January 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
My hair has got many compliments. People want to touch it, pet it, they admire how shiny it is and how it´s silky and soft (thank you henna :cheese:) I´m so proud, I´ve never ever thought that my hair feels and looks so good that it does now. I´ve had long hair before and it was awful and looked dry, brittle, dull, it had splits and it breaked so easily. I´m glad that I´ve found way to treat my hair, thanks LHC!

MissManda
January 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The other day I wore a cinnabun for the entire day. When I went to take it down in the evening, my hair was especially silky and soft and had soft body waves. I couldn't help but think of how my hair is starting to resemble a mane and for the whole rest of the night, I kept thinking of it as "my mane" instead of "my hair." :D It sounds strange, but I felt so awesome!

CurlyCap
January 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Today I figured out that if I switch my hair just so, I can throw my hair over my shoulder. I walked around looking like some kind of deranged supermodel for a few minutes, but I was SO happy!

MissManda
January 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I had another one today!

I went to buy a second set of three spin pins (they're not the Goody kind but a knock-off) at Bi-Mart today. Apparently there was a hair accessories sale going on and I got one set for $3.50! :bounce:

ladylowtide
January 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I ordered a flexi-8 and it was too small to hold my pony tail!

Mountaingrrl
January 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Great thread -- I love reading all the happy hair accounts!

I started transitioning my coloring routine so I can gradually grow out my natural mix of grey and reddish brown without having to lose any length. It looks really natural now, and only took a demi at the roots this time.

Diamond.Eyes
January 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
COing has made my hair a dream to work :p. Oh and my sister traded me her Summer Panacea blend for my Winter panacea blend, and we are both extremely happy with the switch! My hair must like the protein in it better :D. Ooo, and this one is my favorite: I've actually started to get compliments from strangers IRL on my length. No one has ever really stopped me just to comment on my length, only my color. It's happened around 12 times this week, and it's really sweet of people to do so. :)

Arctic
January 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I love reading everyone's happy hair moments!

Today has been a bit bad hair day emotionally, so I just say: I am happy I have hair and that it is soft, like cotton.

long&blonde
January 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Just wanted to say I love this thread.
One more example how LHC is so awesome.
At 57, I think I still can remember every hair compliment I ever received, as pretty much a life long longhair.
This,BCL,going for CL,is longest I've ever made it. So far. :)
I never hesitate to compliment women my age,and older;especially "rennegrays!" On their awesome long silver manes. Its been my experience that older ladies seem to appreciate & glow w/hair compliments,even more so than the young.
Tho its always nice to be nice!
One of my favorite compliments:maybe my favorite "genre "of compliments;lol:come from people whose own style was very high maintenance. Sparing no expense and effort. I never would guess they'd admire my blonde waves/curls/everywhere. Emphasis on everywhere, and after a part in the morning;forget a brush or comb. Sincere "Never cut your hair." From people like that,so unexpected they'd appreciate naturally wild long hair, awesome.. :)

Darkessa
January 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
A few days ago, a friend of my mothers told me I had an "Elvira thing" goin on. With the darkness and length!!!
Now... I take this as a compliment!!!
Yay! Its long!!!?

Sunny Elf
January 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
The other day, when my hair decided to be pretty much straight, I was getting frustrated with it, so i threw it up in a high-ish ponytail, and I noticed that my ponytail was past my shoulders and brushing my back! I was so happy :D i also noticed that it looked more voluminous, because of my layers growing out! So Now i have a nice fluffy ponytail again :p

And, today, i was able to put my hair in two french braids, without ends of layers sticking out all over the place! This makes me reaaallly happy, because when i had long hair, I wore my hair in braids almost every day, and now I can start doing that again! I love braids :)

shikara
January 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
What a nice idea for a thread! I just discovered how wondrous CWC is for my hair! It is now much fuller and the velcro effect is all but gone! I am overjoyed so thank yiu to all LHC contributors:cheese:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_44053aa6.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=44053aa6.jpg)

Shesta
January 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Today I felt a very soft and pleasant touch on my forearm - it was my hair! The feeling was awesome!

CurlyZ
January 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I stopped using cones a while ago and was pretty happy with the Tresemme Naturals line.
But the last couple days my hair felt sooo dry (maybe from the dry air caused by heating?).
So I went shopping and bought Aussie 3 MM deep conditioner. I've never used that before but read so many good things about it. Of course I had to try it right away and the results:
My dry "straw" turned into soft, moisturized silk! LOVE IT!

Georgies
January 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I did a henna/amla gloss this morning and my hair dried in perfect 3b formation with no leave ins or oil - not limp, not frizzy, just perfectly defined. So rare, I will enjoy...

zombi
January 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I have finally figured out how to maximize some of my waves! Who knew drying with a t-shirt would make such a difference?? And adding the product while it's still soaking wet?? It's like a freakin' miracle!! I'm so happy :cheese:

ktani
January 14th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Well, I tried it. I washed my hair with Sunsilk Lively Blonde Shampoo as usual and when my hair was damp just used slightly more than 2 drops of mineral oil, no catnip. Now, my hair is thin and although past waist pulled down, it did not require more oil to very thinly cover that much hair (1 drop for each side from the ears down and less than 1 for the top and back.)

Results? My hair is smooth, tangle free, not stringy or greasy, no static, and full with defined waves. I have no intention of this replacing catip. I did lose some catnip stain during shampooing. That is usual. Not enough was lost however, for me to say my grey/white is a lot more noticeable. ETA:2 Usually my grey/white is completely covered by catnip stain. Sometimes a bit will show through.)

This just makes a great emergency alternative for when my schedule is rushed and an hour catnip treatment is going to get in the way of that. I usually make the catnip tea in advance, so this just saves me that hour but an hour can sometimes make a difference when I am tired.

Happy? Very. I know that the mineral oil will wash out without problems and I can go back to catnip without issues.

ETA: In the shower before using catnip, my hair is not tangled. I gently separate my hair before washing it, in the shower when I first wet it, and after washing it, before applying the catnip tea (and again when rinsing out the catnip). So, when I applied the mineral oil to my damp hair ETA:3 both times, (I had tried it over damp catnipped hair previously) there were no tangles. This time, I just applied the oil to my hands and between my fingers, and finger combed as usual.

kamikaze hair
January 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Happy moments in hair: Well the other day i had a dream i had classic length curly hair (that is my actual goal) and in this dream was one of my favourite actors to check out (Josh Charles, i heart you!) He liked my hair too! I actually woke up with a really stupid smile on my face that day, obviously i was happy. I'm not sure what made me the happiest, gorgeous eyecandy or reaching my goal!

:D

YumiYume
January 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM
When I went to the hairdresser last month I think it was, the dresser next to mine said "Oh long hair you have", (I didnt think I had) but I said thank you and that I wanted to grow longer :). when mine were combing over the chair it actually did feel long and he just trimmed it perfectly and it was still long after and then in the beggining of januari I took a photo from behind and it was midback and close to waist and I coudnt believe it (still cant) and became happy :), It seems so much shorter when I look over the shoulder standing with my side towards the mirror :O

cant wait until it is even longer almost like I've become obsessed haha XD

CurlyCap
January 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
My hair tried HUGE and perfectly symmetrical today. I love it and it looks so healthy.

LoversLullaby
January 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I'm officially at BSL!!!!!!! *happy dance*

uptosomeone
January 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I tried a sock bun a couple nights ago and looked in the mirror and WHOA, my hair looked so big!! It was amazing and made me happy. :D

MissManda
January 14th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Now that I have more spin pins, I can actually get a cinnabun to actually stay up! It's still messy if I put my hair up dry, but I don't care!

Ever since I cut off my layers, I have been completely unable to do a fully-rolled sock bun for some unexplained reason (blunt ends, maybe?). I was playing with my sock donut yesterday when I realized that my cinnabun outmasses my donut. Maybe that's why I can't do a fully-rolled sock bun... I need a bigger donut!

battles
January 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I did my first french braid today. It came out a little funny looking, but I'm proud of it.

Nedertane
January 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Went to the hairdresser the other day for a trim (which she did very nicely), and asked her if there was any kind of moisturizing/deep conditioning treatment that I could get done. She told me that although my hair maybe looked dry, due to it's fine texture, and the winter weather, it was perfectly fine, and that I wouldn't need any thing like that, especially if I didn't straighten it, and if was cutting down on the blow dryer. :D

I was so happy that I sang me some Lordi on the way home lol. Not just from hearing that my hair was healthy, but that my stylist was nice enough to not try to persuade me into spending more money where I didn't really need it. Huzzah!

Bene
January 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Happy moment: finally measuring after a long time of ignoring length, and finding I've got an extra 2 inches.

Ruining said happy moment: chopping off those 1 of those 2 inches cause the ends are crap.

JesusFreak88
January 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Over the summer I went in to get my hair trimmed to get rid of my split ends and I accually had to stand while getting it trimmed. I felt a little bad for the hairdresser because she was crouched down trimming my hair. I also got a few hair complaments in the last few days. One when my hair was down and a little wavy because I slept in braids that night and some when my hair was in a victorian-esque hairstyle.

sun-kissed
January 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Last August I cut off the majorly ragged last 3" of my hair, putting the hem 2" below APL. Since then I've been moping about how short my hair is. Then yesterday I found the length picture from right after my haircut, and HOLY COW my hair's GROWN!!!! It's grown so LONG!! It's past BSL again, by an INCH! And the hemline is actually a line this time, W00t!!!!!!!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I'm happy now. :D

same_as
January 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I learnt how to french braid and fishtail braid :p I cant wait until my hair is long enough to put them on myself, the fishtail braid is so beautiful :inlove:

Hamh
January 15th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Finding out less is more! My hair does not need a million things doing to it, shampoo and condition and a touch of mineral oil and have the nicest hair I can remember having for a long time! Also now recognizing what build up dies to my hair where I used to think it was a sign for a trim, saved so much length already!!!

CurlyCap
January 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Today I learned I could french braid my hair. A tiiiiny little braid, but no whispies! Nothing hanging out!

Progess is happening. :D

woolyleprechaun
January 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
My hairs feeling all big and bouncy after a virtualy all day long pampering. (heavy oiling,henna roots, leave in a hat, henna gloss, leave again, soak, conditioner, rinse, conditioner, ACV rinse.....you know the routine ;)) and Im getting to the point where I actualy enjoy the faff! :)

darklyndsea
January 16th, 2012, 05:24 AM
My Ficcare holds a lazy wrap bun like a rock!

CurlyCap
January 22nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
I can make my silly top-of-my-head bun again! I remember it being silly looking, but now I remember why I did it. IT'S COMFORTABLE.

lunalocks
January 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
I grew an inch in the past month!!!!

PixxieStix
January 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I put my hair up in pin curls to sleep in for the first time ever last night, and WOW did they eat up my length when I took them out! Sadly they mostly just looked like a big poofy mess, but I was able to wrangle it into two perimeter lace braids with a zig zag part, pin that back and do victory style/pin curls with the rest of my hair on the back of my head, AND IT LOOKS SO PRETTY! :D I took a few pictures with my camera, but sadly I still can't get them to load on m computer. Stupid broken cord. *le sigh*

MissAlida
January 23rd, 2012, 02:39 AM
I got several compliments lenghtwise these days. And my mom, who hates my hair because the floors are full with my shed hairs, complimented me one night on the reddish undertone of my hair.It also seems to get a bit thicker...I'm having exams, and the fact that my hair hasn't shed like crazy yet is a small victory. I'm trying really hard to block stress out of my life. :rolleyes:

MonaLisa
January 24th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I did my 2nd henna thing yesterday! Used Lush Caca Rouge + Lush Caca Marron, 2 spoons of EVOO and some not coney conditioner and had it on for 2-3 hours... Color hasn't changed drastically...but just slightly, it's looking great! :D
But the condition, oh my....it's so soft and shiny and healthy! So hooked on henna! :D :D

Arctic
January 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I have found a vegetable dye I just love, Directions Rubine!

Mearwynna
January 24th, 2012, 01:13 PM
This is the best thread ever! My smile stretches from ear to ear. Today while in the shower I noticed how silky my hair was, and how nice it felt coming out. Not over dry and awful on the ends at all.Hurray for CO! I also noticed my hair was feeling bouncy when I walked today and it was swishing around, although it's still pretty short and choppy.
Best of all, I feel like I'm going to have long hair again someday and that makes me happy. :)

sharicat
January 24th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I just tried a new updo and noticed I have loads of new growth underneath my lengths :D

PixieKitten
January 24th, 2012, 03:05 PM
My boyfriend's considering joing LHC because of my constant praise of it! ^_^ We can grow out our hair together! ^.^

jlo8937
January 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I love all of the advice I have gotten here. I am hoping that it will be a start for my hair to begin to grow and be more healthy. Thank you LHC!!!!

jlo8937
January 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I am glad I found a place where other people are just as obsessed with long hair as I am.

CurlyCap
January 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
My hair has gotten long enough lately to want to wear it up. I reached for the scrunchies, but I'm finding I don't really like them this time around. So, in a bid for something less...scrunchie-y...I reached for my old hairsticks (read: pretty chopsticks).

LOOK!

http://i42.tinypic.com/15qp2ja.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/x7rkx.jpg

They are clearly too long for me now, but I'll grow into them! So happy to see progress. :D

PinkyCat
January 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
My hair has gotten long enough lately to want to wear it up. I reached for the scrunchies, but I'm finding I don't really like them this time around. So, in a bid for something less...scrunchie-y...I reached for my old hairsticks (read: pretty chopsticks).

LOOK!

http://i42.tinypic.com/15qp2ja.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/x7rkx.jpg

They are clearly too long for me now, but I'll grow into them! So happy to see progress. :D

You just might be my hair twin, CurlyCap! Check out my hair album.

bunzfan
January 25th, 2012, 07:13 AM
My hair is starting to look like a bob (finally, 9 months after chopping it to a really short pixie) and I can feel that it has grown a lot lately. I think that I am having some sort of winter growth spurt.

That is great! your find it much easier now.

Tota
January 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Today I realised it may just be possible that I am finally winning the battle with seborrheic dermatitis! It's going away! Yes yes yes :cheese:

rock007junkie
January 25th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I measured my hair today for the first time in months and it was at 27 inches!!! 3 more inches to go!

theresajensen
January 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I wore my hair in a loose high ponytail today, and the ends kept touching my neck- lovely!!

hanne jensen
January 26th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I just discovered that I've reached MBL! Only 6 cm to go to waist, which means I'll reach it this year!

PinkyCat
January 26th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Only an inch-and-a-half to go before I'm back to where I was before the chop/layering fiasco of a couple years ago! :cheese:

NJoy
January 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Thoroughly detangled my transitioning hair and styled into 4 big, juicy braids. I'm AMAZED at how much hair I have! :cheese:

Sushi144
January 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
A few days ago, I realized my braid looked much thicker than before I began using shea butter. :happydance:
I couldn't help myself talking to my mother about it all day long... :o

Ligeia_13
January 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I seem to have a lot of hair today :)

Also, yay Tota!!!

Sunny Elf
January 26th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Last night at youth group, I wore my hair in a half ponytail, as opposed wearing it up like usual. One of my friends, upon seeing me, said, "WHOAA, Sunny!! Your hair is so much longer than it used to be!! I mean, how did you do that?! Last month it was like here (she motioned to my shoulders) and now it's all the way down here! (pointing to my almost APL hair) Seriously! How did it grow so fast??!" She then turned to another of my friends and said, "look at her hair! Look how long it got!" And the other friend agreed and said, "Oh my gosh you're right! Wow Sunny, how does your hair grow so fast??"

That made my day. :D And I love to be able to feel my hair on my back when I run! So yeah, I'm pretty happy about my hair growth.

Knittycat
January 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I noticed that my hair formed ringlets at the ends when I braided it today. (of course, it's doing it now when I'm braiding to go to bed so I can't show it off.)

Amara
January 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I am just super loving my hair today, it's one of those days where nothings particularly different, it's just full of love for me and I for it. <3

Mostly I think it's a color thing, I had grown out to classic length while hennaing most of the time, and I was tired of it (loved it for a long time, NOTHING against henna, it made my hair very healthy and pretty :) ) so I cut it all off. Now my hair is getting to a length where I can really see the color and enjoy it and it's even long enough that the older/longer/"front-er" bits are picking up some sun-highlights so there's more variation and I just <3 it. It's just past chin now and I'm going back to waist length, which was my favorite length. Having been there once it feels very doable and I'm going to love having my "nut-brown" hair all natural at that length.

Happy hair day!!

sunshine-locks
January 26th, 2012, 10:41 PM
What's made me happy about my hair lately? Its finally looking less like a pixie and more like a shaggy bob :D Well, that and the fact that the back of my hair can all go into a pony-stub now!

novemberfoxtrot
January 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Yesterday I had a 3" long hair sticking straight up. Half of it was brown (dyed) and the bottom (which I guess is really the top) half was white. It looked super awesome!

elfgirl
January 26th, 2012, 11:19 PM
My hair is healthy overall, I discovered a few moments ago that it is longer than I thought it was, and, I just ordered my first hair fork in the history of ever...from Grahtoe, it's antler with tulipwood at the top. *squeee*! Will post pictures once I get it ;) :joy: :happydance:

sycamoreboutiqu
January 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Welcome Heba

Yes, definitely. There are tons of other methods of natural haircare, just use the search function at the top of the page to find anything here.
I personally don't care for Castor Oil either - too sticky and heavy - but love a combination of either Coconut and Jojoba or just Argan Oil. I have very heavy, wavy hair and following the advice here and using these oils has completely changed the way my hair behaves and feels.
I am now just beyond hip length, and I am sure I would have cut it ages ago if I had not found the LHC. Gotta love this place :):cheer::cheer:

hey LHC im a new person is this site..pardon me if my language is bad....I know it may not be the topic you pple talking abut here but i need help my hair its long till my wait but it it thinning and i used castor oil but it is too heavy for me is there any other way to treat my hair without oils but in a natural way !!!!
peace from Egypt

sycamoreboutiqu
January 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Oh, and my happy hair story is that my hair is nearly straight today. The avatar is the usual texture, very wavy bordering on bushy but the last few days it is quite smooth.

Loving CO wash, oils and aloe for the scalp issues. My hair has never been longer, OR happier.

Three cheers for the LHC :cheer: - :cheer: :cheer:

MaryMarx
January 27th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Yesterday a friend told me my growing out natural hair colour suits me. :)

PinkyCat
February 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Sitting in my chair with my hair draped over the back, my co-worker comes over and says, "Boy, do you have a lot of hair. I thought my daughter had a lot, but she doesn't have that much!"

I'll take that as a compliment! :)

bubblyredhead
February 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
My shortest layer ( not counting fringe/bangs) is finally APL or slightly longer it was chopped to around ear in july

turtlelover
February 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I *FINALLY* downloaded a bunch of pictures of my hair over the last several years into a LHC album, and I decided that I am DEFINITELY glad that I stopped coloring my hair and let it grow! I'm not sure I realized just HOW short my hair used to be till I looked at all of those old pictures! Yikes!

HintOfMint
February 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I noticed that my hair formed ringlets at the ends when I braided it today. (of course, it's doing it now when I'm braiding to go to bed so I can't show it off.)

Oh I love it when that happens! It hardly ever happens to me nowadays, but it did that in high school and I was just tickled pink whenever it would do that.

Quixii
February 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Well, first I'll say that my hair was looking pretty good today. :D I finally figured out how to use damp/wet bunning in a way that really works for my hair.

Second, I went to this school function and this one girl, I don't know who she is, she complimented my hair. A lot. xD "I love your hair! It's so long. I wish my hair was long. And curly! Do you like it? [I said yes] I know people that don't like it, but I wish my hair was long and curly. Like yours. Your hair is so pretty!"

elbow chic
February 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I had an awesome french twist today. Kept going by the mirror to admire how neat and ladylike it looked. ;)

French twist is one of those hit-or-miss styles for me.. Somehow it always looks bad when I am really TRYING, and great when I just kind of throw it up and stick a fork in it.

Mayflower
February 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Last night I washed my hair, let it sit in a towel for half an hour, took it out and scrunched it a bit, and let it airdry. I never let it airdry. I had the most amazing volume en soft waves I could imagine:D.

Madora
February 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
A few of my strands are now an inch past fingertip length:)

Clelia
February 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I just realized I reached 70 cm/27.6 in!!! I am so happy right now, I actually danced a little!

Fizz
February 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Someone said today "Oooh you're the lady with the lovely hair!"
And then she asked me to turn around so that her friend could see my braid.
(complete with Eeyore scrunchy!):)

HelloKitteh
February 7th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I have mastered the four-strand box braid! I have even nailed down a strategy for pulling it forward and finishing the braid in front without a single lump, twist, or hole in the braid. I am wearing one today and it turned out PERFECT! :D :happydance:
Congrats! :eyebrows: We want to hear about this! (I'll look at your post history though, in case you answered somewhere else...)

sarah061
February 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
My hair is 3'' from waist and it's finally long enough to start getting in the way - I LOVE IT!! I am beginning to understand why so many people on LHC wear their hair in updos so much :p
If I sit down in a chair, I have to pull it in front of me or else it rubs and pulls. This isn't a bad thing though, I'm excited to have finally gotten here - and to learn more updos! :happydance:

CurlyCap
February 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
My hair products are cheaper while my hair is healthier than ever!

cooklaezo13
February 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Last night my friend told me I had awesome hair, and that it looked so soft, she just wanted to touch it :)

rock007junkie
February 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Tried headband curls this morning...my hair is sooo pretty!

battles
February 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
After trying SMT yesterday and going back to oil shampoo today, my hair is so silky that it refuses to stay up. :D

lunalocks
February 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I took my bun out to demonstrate a seashell bun to my co worker and she told me to leave it down because the bun curls were so pretty.

PixxieStix
February 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
My hair is now finally long enough to justify a hair toy spending spree! I can only do two up-dos with it, but it is only going to get longer. I can't believe my hair has come this far. *happy dance* I'll be wearing it up most of the time, making it (hopefully) smooth sailing to tailbone!

battles
February 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
My hair is now finally long enough to justify a hair toy spending spree! I can only do two up-dos with it, but it is only going to get longer. I can't believe my hair has come this far. *happy dance* I'll be wearing it up most of the time, making it (hopefully) smooth sailing to tailbone!

Which up-dos were you able to do with a stick at that length? I haven't been able to figure any out and I'm a little past shoulder.

owlathena
February 15th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I just posted some new pictures on facebook and a friend who I haven't seen in two years texted me saying "Your hair is so ****ing long. Its awesome."

:D :D :D :D

Lissandria
February 15th, 2012, 03:22 AM
My hair is moving closer to APL and the straight/wavy hair I get from a cinnabun with my new Ficcare are awesome. Im pretty happy with it right now. :)

sisi33
February 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
I just realized that my hair is more than an inch past Waist when wet! :cheese: Which makes it Waist when dry!!!!! :disco: Now to get the tips of the U-hemline to Waist! HORRAY! :D Sorry I ever doubted you, hair! ;)

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

EtherealDoll
February 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Today I had my hair down and noticed that it doesn't have those white spots at the ends anymore :happydance: I had them since bleaching and trimming didn't help, and I thought my ends would never look good. But now they finally look good!

rena
February 22nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
The very first time I tried my GFTN conditioner as a leave in on my wet hair and let it dry (without touching of course). My gosh it was oh so soft, SHINY, OBEDIENT, and even floppy (actually kept falling down into my eyes!). Before then, this sort of hair after a wash was pure fantasy. Not anymore though :D.

Darkessa
February 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
I FINALLY figured out the perfect hair-care routine that makes my hair soft and shiny ALL the time! :D
AND my hair has gained 1 1/4 inch each month for the past 2 months!

SQUEEEEE!!!

CurlyCap
February 22nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
My hair is healthy enough that if I co-wash the night before, I can sleep on it, and when I wake up it still looks fantastic when I wake up.

I don't want to do that all the time because I think it may have negative long-term effects....but since it's something that would have been IMPOSSIBLE a few years ago, it makes me very happy!

Sunny Elf
February 22nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
I was french braiding my hair today and I felt something tickling my armpits--it was my hair! ^_^ And my hair is definitely APL when wet; now i just have to wait for it to be there when it's dry and my wurls eat up my length! Soon, though, soon!

lunardaydreamer
February 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
That's so exciting Sunny Elf!!!

Mine came today while I was at the gym, on the treadmill: my hair is now long enough in the back that it TOUCHES my neck!!! I could feel it because I was sweating and my hair was dripping /gross but happy at the same time!!!

dRummie
February 22nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
http://longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=9020&pictureid=126945
I used to hate my limp, straight hair, and discovering wurls was what made it acceptable to grow it out again. However, since learning to take care of it, I'm starting to like my hair in most of its incarnations. Today it's straight (well, bun waves) and if it weren't nearly midnight, I'd totally wear it out :p

Incidentally, last week was my 6-month anniversary on TLHC :)

Congrats to everyone else, too. What a great thread!

dwell_in_safety
February 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
I successfully attempted a crown braid on myself for the first time tonight. :D Wearing it like this tomorrow.

maborosi
February 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
Finally figured out exactly how much panacea to use on my hair without weighing it down! My hair is so, so, soft tonight! :D

~maborosi~

uptosomeone
February 23rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
I just let my hair down for a couple minutes to redo my bun and the ends brushed my back and felt really nice. It's not a new occurrence, per say, a nice feeling that made me happy. :o

Babyjolie
February 23rd, 2012, 01:34 AM
I just logged in after being MIA for a year or so & was updating my current length, when I realized that I passed my old goal length by 2 inches! Yippie! But it does feel like I need a trim..

Pinkster8
February 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'm having a little bit of new growth up by my hairline, and I got a haircut yesterday to even out my layers. It feels AMAZING to have blunt(ish) ends after so long with razored ends! :)

Ligeia_13
February 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
I managed a very messy crown braid today :D I thought I'd never be able to manage it.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/Ligeia-13/crownbraid.jpg

edit: those extremely pink bits hanging out are my ends :p

my2cats1
February 23rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I love this thread! Great idea, OP!

annamoonfairy
February 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
To help my sister with her hair cutting I gave her a couple of barbies "She is in her 20's" and took the first beautiful long haired barbied and cut its hair off short and then handed her the other barbie and asked her which one she wanted to look like. Now when she feels like cutting she looks at the two barbies and it helps her to remember that she is the one who controls how long her grows and what condition it is in. I would like to point out that both barbies are beautiful and each of us make the decision to have long hair or short.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9674/barbiepg.jpg

gracenotes
February 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
My hair's been driving me ABSOLUTELY NUTS the past few weeks (hard water :( ), and the other day I FINALLY had a good hair day. I was out at a museum and went into the bathroom to fix my updo, and a lovely older woman told me that I had "quite a beautiful head of hair." It really did make my day :D

maborosi
February 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I managed a very messy crown braid today :D I thought I'd never be able to manage it.

Wow! Congrats! I've always wanted to do a crown braid! :D

As far as my happy moment goes....AGH I CANNOT GET OVER HOW SOFT AND SILKY MY HAIR IS TONIGHT :D :D Seriously, the combination of the honey lightening treatment I did, the CO wash, and oiling it has made it feel absolutely divine.

~maborosi~

silvermoon_76
February 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
My last happy hair moment happened on Feb 10. It was my parents' anniversary and we were going out for dinner.
My hair always looks crappy on special occasions, but on that day it formed the most perfect curls ever. I don't know what I did, or how it happened. But it looked so good, and not as frizzy as usual. I was so happy :)
I wish I had a picture.

PinkyCat
March 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
33" this morning!

:happydance::wethree::wethree::happydance:

ONWARD!!!

MissManda
March 14th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Yesterday was a great hair day. I'd washed my hair the previous evening using Sweet Creek Herbs Rosemary and Honey shampoo bar and didn't use anything else. When I woke up, my hair was almost dry and incredibly soft!

I also got my CreaClip yesterday and I really hope that it will be helpful with cutting and trimming DBF's and my hair.

rosaacicularis
March 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I'm having the best hair day! I've got some waves after being on water only for almost a week, and it's crazy wonderful, because my hair is usually dead straight. I think it's because I dried my hair for the first time ever - completely dry with no touching or brushing. I just hope it lasts. Photo is from this morning.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/rosaacicularis/HairGoal.jpg

pink.sara
March 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I made my first bun today after 3 years of growing :cheese:

SOOOOO Happy!

Here it is:
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/SaraNadineBrown/FirstCinnibun143122-2.jpg

And Ligeia this is gorgeous!

coldclarity
March 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I've started to enjoy my hair after years of it being a battle and being told I can't do this or that. It's so nice to not be scared of it.

And it's lovely and soft today cos I stocked back up on R&B which it seems to like after all.

jel
March 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
The other day I let my hair down at choir practice. At the end of the session, a singer behind me complimented me on my hair, and said that it looked like a Renaissance painting she'd seen in Florence, Italy. It was by Botticelli, she continued, a long-haired lady on a shell... :shocked:

I always admired Botticelli's paintings, especially the Birth of Venus, and having someone compare my hair to that image made my day! :D

Sunny Elf
March 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm so happy because as my hair is getting longer, it's getting curlier and curlier!! :D

Honeyfall
March 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Finding out, through the LHC, that my 3.25" ponytail is not considered extremely thin. A few family members (who all have gorgeous, extremely thick hair) have been telling me all my life that my hair is very thin and won't look good if I grow it past APL. I finally feel like it's possible for me to have long, lovely hair and I have never been so excited! :D

novemberfoxtrot
March 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Finding out, through the LHC, that my 3.25" ponytail is not considered extremely thin. A few family members (who all have gorgeous, extremely thick hair) have been telling me all my life that my hair is very thin and won't look good if I grow it past APL. I finally feel like it's possible for me to have long, lovely hair and I have never been so excited! :D

where's the "like" button?! : )

Sushi144
March 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
The other day I let my hair down at choir practice. At the end of the session, a singer behind me complimented me on my hair, and said that it looked like a Renaissance painting she'd seen in Florence, Italy. It was by Botticelli, she continued, a long-haired lady on a shell... :shocked:

Sooooo cool ! ^^

racrane
March 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I love hearing all these positive things. :)

I love the feeling of my hair on my back and it's starting to get to that point. It makes me happy. :)

CurlyCap
March 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I took the plunge and got a trim. At a NEW salon. I was so scared. I think LHC is changing my brain! lol

Anyway, I had 1.5" taken off the longest layer and upper layers reshaped to blend better (but still eventually grow out). LOVING my new cut and all my fresh, clean ends.

WOOT for enjoying a haircut!

Ligeia_13
March 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
And Ligeia this is gorgeous!

Thank you! Never been able to make a good one since then though :D

Floodman
March 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I was finally able to make a Gibson tuck today!!! It's tiny and it does not really include all of my hair, but still!! YAAY:joy:

Sushi144
March 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Today, an old woman I didn't know complimented on my hair. I was a little bit embarrassed at first, because it was at a post-funeral lunch. But she was really nice, asking me about how often I wash it and what kind of hairstyle I do. I was quite proud. ^^

HappyHair87
March 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm happy with my hair and how it's growing....i notice my curls have more hang to them. The curls that once looked 4a are looking more like 3 something, and my 3c curls are looking like 3b:laugh: It's funny what weight can do to your curls.

Speaking of weight...my hair is pretty heavy now....i can even feel the weight when it's fully dry. Ppl at work like to joke and say i have like 62 pounds of hair on my head:laugh: It doesn't cause any pain....but i can definitely feel it:agree: I hope it doesn't get too bad though as it continues to grow...im barely even BSL and my hair is heavy!

I suppose i'll adjust to it though:)

coldclarity
March 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
The feeling when I let my hair out of a bun or clip and it hits my back. It already feels great and it's not very long at all yet :)

TheMechaGinger
March 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Trimmed my hair up a month ago and finally got rid of all of those pesky layers! Now here comes the serious growing =D

Ligeia_13
March 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
For the past couple of weeks, I've been shedding next to nothing in the shower. I usually shed huge amounts and to see 10 measly little hairs stuck to my bathroom tiles in the shower (that's where I collect it before I throw it away :D ) is astonishing.

And I'm not taking any supplements, not using cooter cream, not oiling. Odd.

PinkyCat
April 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
When I lean forwad and my shirt comes up a little in the back, I can feel my hair brush against the top of my hips - ahhhh feels so nice. :)

Vallena
April 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Yesterday I figured out the French Twist, and I'm still excited about it! Now if only I could get my (ex) bangs to stay in it.

XcaliburGirl
April 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Got my hair up in a claw clip! Woo hoo! (OK, this is about the 4th thread on which I've posted this. I'm just so excited!)

shutterpillar
April 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM
FINALLY finding the perfect shampoo and conditioner! It took me forever!

My MIL comments all the time that my hair looks so long... its barely to BSL though (which probably is long by her standards). It makes me feel good regardless. :)

Kinkycurlygurl
April 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I just read InStyle Hair. I don't use any of the products they tout. I switched to water-only in February and it's working for me.

Their advice was funny to read. They even did a cost-consious versus splurgy product article. The cheap regime would cost about $50 to round up all the products and tools. The Splurge menu was over $150.

Madness!

I like my hair more without product, but I'll admit that I miss the beautiful packaging that the stuff comes in.

tweetylonghair
April 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I love LHC... I had totally forgot I started at 24 inches and I am current today at 30 inches sooooooooo made my day....so glad I can talk at least here about hair
:D

kallarina
April 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ooh, ooh! My happy hair moment just happened this morning!
I've had my hair colored dark for so long that I don't even remember what my natural color looks like. I've been wanting to lighten it because I'm tired of it, but am NOT willing to damage it to lighten it, so I've been trying to use the honey lightening method. Last night, I added cinnamon for the first time, and when I walked into class this morning, my friend looked at me and said, "Wow, did you dye your hair or something? It looks way lighter!"
Yaaaaaayyyyy, it's working!!!!!!!!

wicked kisses
April 11th, 2012, 11:51 AM
My happy hair moment keeps happening every time I look in the mirror. Been wanting the hennahead look for so long, now I have it I keep forgetting how *good* it looks!!

Littlewing13
April 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I can now put my hair up in a cinnabun with a hairstick! No more elastics for me :)

MissManda
April 11th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Yesterday, I wore my hair in a lace French braided headband (a la TorrinPaige) where the remaining braid was wrapped around a cinnabun. I was going for the cameo bun look, but it didn't turn out that way because the braid is still too short. It still turned out to be quite cute, though and on top of that, I got three separate compliments on the style. :D

Macaroni
April 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I had a hair compliment the other day. I was waiting for an outside elevator and the sun was shining and a lady waiting with me said "Your hair is gorgeous, just gorgeous." Made my day.

kamikaze hair
April 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Today I caught up with an old friend who I hadn't seen in a few months and she mentioned how long my hair has gotten :p YAY!!!

MissManda
April 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I got another compliment on the hairstyle I wore on Tuesday. :D

savannahlove
April 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Discovered the wonders of good, quality, healthy mousse recently. (: I've been using it a bunch and I can finally leave my hair completely natural when it's down! I'm so happy with it.

HumanBean
April 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I posted yesterday in the mini milestones thread that I was thrilled last night to realize my hair was long enough to do a side French braid.

I wore the style to work today (bunned the braid on the side as well), and about 10 different people complimented me on how pretty it was!

DH (who does not like long hair but is supportive anyway), said he really liked it too!

Silverbrumby
April 13th, 2012, 12:15 AM
SMC is working very well for me. I'm very happy with the results of this.

MaryMarx
April 13th, 2012, 12:38 AM
My happy moments are when my mom or some friend tells me my outgrowing virgin hair looks shiny and healthy.
I never get hair compliments otherwise. :)

woolyleprechaun
April 13th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I FINALY convinced my mom to let me henna her last week! Shes got very thick, dark, short hair with a good amount of silvers. She wanted something to give condition, blend greys, and not look harsh, but didnt believe a herb could do that :) Shes delighted!
As if that didnt make me happy enough, I took my own hair down to show her the henna (I never wear it down...) and she was cooing over its length and colour like crazy. Considering shes not a long hair fan, it was an extra special moment! Weeeee!

thirstylocks
April 13th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I'm happy when I wake up and my hair is A) miraculously flat and frizz free because I slept on it or B) isn't oily enough for me to have to wash it

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I got a compliment a couple of weeks by a lovely lady

I was wearing my new white dress and wore my little mermaid hairstick and my homemade seashell bun cage.

She said I was really pretty and my hair was beautiful and that I looked like a sea goddess :inlove:

long&blonde
April 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I can see it. Your signature picture Is totally "Channelling Cher", Lol. Jealous!

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I can see it. Your signature picture Is totally "Channelling Cher", Lol. Jealous!

Thank you :flower:

Kayla Nyx
April 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
the other day while I was at the hair salon, getting my hair colored, the lady kept on commenting on how this my hair is! :D It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside : 3

Jesabel
April 13th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Looking at my hair wet just now and realising I'm closer to waist than I thought :D

Grillz
April 13th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I wore my hair down at work the other day and when my boss came into the room she said, "Wow! Your hair is long!" :) (and this is at the BSL-waist abyss length)

Tealpuffin
April 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I managed a double french braid today and my mum said it looked lovely :) x

Clem_Dela
April 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM
when i lean my head back a little bit it touches my hips.... yay :)

CurlyCap
May 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm starting to really adore my hair. It's ridiculous healthy and the spirals are (finally) near perfect, after almost 30 years of trying to learn to do my hair.

When I pass by a mirror, I get an idea of what it's going to be like when it grows longer and I get so excited I'm like a kid at Christmastime.

catamonica
May 12th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I am just happy because it grew in March to four inches, after not growing for two years.

millyaulait
May 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
I realized that somehow my hair has grown natural caramel/golden highlights when in the sun! 0-:

Tota
May 12th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I went to a huge wedding and after all the formal stuff we had dinner and played some games to know each other (we have those games on weddings so that the groom's and the bride's family members socialize and get to know each other). So the uncle of the bride who I did not know (I'm from the groom's side of the family) got the assingment to choose the prettiest hair at the wedding. Guess who he picked? :D Well maybe he chose me out of pity because all the other women had fancy curled/permed/teased/dyed/etc. hair and I was the only one with natural colour and texture. And I wore my hair down and had the longest hair there (yeah, and my hair isn't even that long). Maybe I looked boring to them? Well anyway, it made my day and my bf was sooooo proud :D Then things got complicated when I had to pick the sexiest bald man there ... There were so many lol! :D

hazelscythe
May 12th, 2012, 04:36 AM
My hair has grown out enough that I can actually see my natural hair color!
! I haven't seen it in 10 years.

Mayflower
May 12th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I went to a huge wedding and after all the formal stuff we had dinner and played some games to know each other (we have those games on weddings so that the groom's and the bride's family members socialize and get to know each other). So the uncle of the bride who I did not know (I'm from the groom's side of the family) got the assingment to choose the prettiest hair at the wedding. Guess who he picked? :D Well maybe he chose me out of pity because all the other women had fancy curled/permed/teased/dyed/etc. hair and I was the only one with natural colour and texture. And I wore my hair down and had the longest hair there (yeah, and my hair isn't even that long). Maybe I looked boring to them? Well anyway, it made my day and my bf was sooooo proud :D Then things got complicated when I had to pick the sexiest bald man there ... There were so many lol! :D

That's such a cool compliment.:D I don't think he picked you out of pity, men generally prefer natural hair over hairsprayed hair that can't even move!

ArienEllariel
May 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I've been really enjoying my length lately. I feel so close to waist. :)

PixieKitten
May 12th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I gotta say, I'm just flat out loving my hair recently! Since I joined in on the 'wear up for a month/few months/whatever' thing, everytime my hair is down it feels so much longer! It FINALLY looks like a preoper hairstyle, and not a 'I'm growing out a short cut' style! And ever since I stopped straightening it (granted this was long before I found LHC) I've really grown to love my curly wurlies! The only thing I'm not happy about is that it's not past waist, haha!

dawnrader
May 12th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Well, i've just had my hair cut for the first time since the 22nd of August 2010.

I asked for an inch and i got an inch! She also commented that i had very few splits considering the time i had gone without a trim.

So i'm a very happy bunny today.

Ligeia_13
June 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I seriously love my hair today. I did an ACV rinse yesterday and today it's so smooth and straight and shiny. I went out for 10 minutes and had it down despite the heat.

Yay.

SongofLove
June 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I got a compliment a couple of weeks by a lovely lady

I was wearing my new white dress and wore my little mermaid hairstick and my homemade seashell bun cage.

She said I was really pretty and my hair was beautiful and that I looked like a sea goddess :inlove:

Oooh your outfit / hair sounds like it was super cute! And "sea goddess"---that's even better than "mermaid" :)

MissManda
June 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
My hair is 30" long now! :happydance: Only 1" until Hip and 3" to TBL!

AdaClare
June 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
My ends have suprisingly (to me anyway) stayed in great shape since I last trimmed them back in April! :) Before, it seemed like they went back to looking dry and maybe even damaged in no time after a trim. Thanks LHC! ;)

Zesty
June 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I clarified and added honey to my conditioner and my hair feels so soft and clean. :) I also learned how to do a proper lazy wrap bun.

And the other day someone asked me if I'd ever cut my hair short in my life. As someone who's only ever had long hair once or twice, ever, it was heartening that someone saw me as such a longhair.

CurlyCap
July 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Today in the shower I leaned my head back and felt the ends touch my waist/small-of-the-back.

I know this has a lot to do with how short and flexible I am...but I certainly couldn't do that a few months ago. :D

hairhair
July 10th, 2012, 03:59 AM
I realised I've been a member for a month. When I joined, my hair was "is this APL?", but now it's solidly APL! :D

dulce
July 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Getting close to hip !

dulce
July 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
When I lean back it touches tailbone,wish it was there for real though.

Jing
July 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I was debating making an anniversary thread, but then this one conveniently showed up again. I'm too shy to make a thread. :o

One year ago vs. today:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/postL.jpg http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/lengthjul12.jpg

Yaaay! :cheese:

AND... my texture! Only recently discovered! This isn't a proper hair typing picture - it's soapnut tea + coconut milk, cone-free conditioner, t-shirt turban, and air-drying with random finger combing.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/wurl.jpg

Yaaay again! :cheese: Excuse the liberal frizz. :p

ETA: I am way too excited about the wurliness of my hair. Seriously. Eee! ^.^

petali
July 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Colleague just called me Pocahontas.
It feels good, because my hair was feeling short lately..
And I'm wearing a side braid...I ran to bathroom to check in the mirror, and it does look yummie!! :D

I'm also making plans and enjoying thinking about it as much as i will enjoy doing it..
Lush Caca Marron + Lush Caca Rouge + Conditioner + EVOO...on my lenghts..for 2, 3 hours...and castor oil + nettle extract + panthenol for scalp massage at same time....Mmmm can't wait. Think I'm gonna do this next week...

Oh wow... Did they name a hair product after poop?! In French, Caca marron means brown poop, and Caca rouge means red poop :rockerdud:

Tigermama
July 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Jing, that is amazing growth! My excitment is finally splurging on Curl Junkie Olive and Coconut daily conditioner. I use it as a leave in and boy is it great. My hair feels like I used cones but I believe it is cone free. So moisturizing, not allergic, and smells great! It is a keeper.

CurlyCap
July 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I was debating making an anniversary thread, but then this one conveniently showed up again. I'm too shy to make a thread. :o

One year ago vs. today:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/postL.jpg http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/lengthjul12.jpg

Yaaay! :cheese:

AND... my texture! Only recently discovered! This isn't a proper hair typing picture - it's soapnut tea + coconut milk, cone-free conditioner, t-shirt turban, and air-drying with random finger combing.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Twice_Magpie/wurl.jpg

Yaaay again! :cheese: Excuse the liberal frizz. :p

ETA: I am way too excited about the wurliness of my hair. Seriously. Eee! ^.^

You're hair has grown really fast and it is GORGEOUS! I love the wurls and color! Nothing to be shy about at all. :D

LaFlor
July 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I gave up my no-cone experiment and did a nice coney wash... my hair is soooo happy and smooth and silky and shiny. I've missed you cones :D

AspenSong
July 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I'll jump in!
Today was the first day in months and months, I loved my hair!
I did a cassia/henna treatment yesterday and today it was just so soft and nice and lively!

gthlvrmx
July 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM
i realized that its almost been a year since my last trim and i noticed a)my hair got MUCH longer despite the amount of inches i lost last year twice, and b)i have only gotten an estimated under 10 or 8 split ends over the course of the whole year. thats it. not really any at all. im amazed. this hair care i have now is simple and perfect for my hair its loving it and growing.

Jing
July 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Jing, that is amazing growth!

You're hair has grown really fast and it is GORGEOUS! I love the wurls and color! Nothing to be shy about at all. :D

Thank yous. ^.^ I was really surprised at how much it's grown. From one month to the next it just seems to creep along like it's on vacation. APL is so close I can almost taste it!

Oksana
July 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I met up with my best friend who I hadn't seen for 8 months today and she couldn't believe how long my hair was and told me i have the longest natural hair of anyone she knows :o this made me very happy but she has no idea what long really is ;)

MissManda
July 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Three friends of mine are now "hair apprentices" to me now. Haha. It felt very nice to hear them tell me how healthy my hair is and how they want hair like mine now. I've gotten them addicted to the Tangle Teezer and better haircare. :bounce: I think it's the cutest thing when they come to me for advice.

Neneka
April 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
I was jogging today and wore my hair in pigtails and one of them was spanking me in the cheek and ear all the time. I was so happy. :D

EDIT. Oops. This was an old thread. Didn't mean to up an old thread. There has been a lot of old threads up in "the front page" today.

Helix
April 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
I finally got the opportunity to share some of the hair growing tips I've learned over the years with someone who was actually receptive, (She asked and I was more than happy to oblige :-) )!