PDA

View Full Version : I have a little confession to make

jaine
January 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I just spent $420 on a pair of thinning shears.
And I love them! :crush:

I was afraid that cheap scissors would damage my hair ... I tried one snip with an $18 pair of thinning shears and saw 2 bent ends just from that one snip!! :( But these were perfect...I didn't see a single bent hair or half-cut hair while I was cutting with these.

Each pencil-sized clump of hair got 3 snips: at 3", 2" and 1" from the ends. Love it... my layers no longer look wonky and chunky at the ends... they're tapering gracefully and laying nicely instead of sticking out in random directions. I think my hair looks more natural. I like it!!

If I use them at least 8 times then they will pay for themselves in the cost of haircuts. (I'll still visit my stylist every now and then though, to make sure it doesn't become uneven.)

http://static.productreview.com.au/pr.products/kamisori-orca_4d5b5a16d0eb2.jpg

battles
January 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hey! Pics? :p

ETA: Wait. "Pics or it didn't happen."

luxepiggy
January 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
OMG, are those Kamisori?? WIN!! \(^(oo)^)/

I've been eyeing this brand for a year . . .

Kyla
January 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Those look insanely fancy!

Congrats on your awesome shears :)

jaine
January 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
OMG, are those Kamisori?? WIN!! \(^(oo)^)/

I've been eyeing this brand for a year . . .

Yes they are ...Kamisori Orca (http://www.kamisorishears.com/ORCA.html)

I will get a picture of my hair when I get some good lighting! :)

luxepiggy
January 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Yes they are ...Kamisori Orca (http://www.kamisorishears.com/ORCA.html)

I will get a picture of my hair when I get some good lighting! :)

Exciting! I've never even seen a pair in person, but they have such an amazing reputation. Congrats!! :cheese:

May I ask where you purchased them?

jaine
January 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I ordered them from Kamisori's website ... http://www.kamisorishears.com/DragonCollectionTexturizers.html

They also came with a razor which I haven't tried yet but I might eventually ... it would be interesting to me to see how Feye's U-shape trim turns out with a super-sharp razor. I like having wispy ends.

Resham Carden
January 11th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Wow, beautiful shears! (Can shears me beautiful?)
I've recently been interested in trimming my ends myself, and while I don't think I will be paying $420, you've inspired me. :cheer:

jaine
January 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Wow, beautiful shears! (Can shears me beautiful?)
I've recently been interested in trimming my ends myself, and while I don't think I will be paying $420, you've inspired me. :cheer:

Shears can definitely be beautiful!! :) They are beautiful in person too.

I admit my heart skipped a beat or two, when I saw these ... to me they look like a mystical dragon blade. I think it's the unique shape of them...

Trimming my hair feels like a spiritual ritual to me ... I love these because they match how I feel about trimming my hair.
And when I read they are designed to cut "without damaging a strand of hair" then I knew I wanted them!!

auburntressed
January 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Wow... I want! They are gorgeous. It seems too steep a price for me, though. Maybe someday.

blondie9912
January 11th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Oh my what a splurge!! But that's amazing, I hope you enjoy them :D

BunnyBee
January 11th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I'm so happy for you! lol they look beautiful yes i think shears can be beautiful i've seen a few drool worthy ones XD

hanne jensen
January 12th, 2012, 01:18 AM
These shears are beautiful. Although expensive, you'll probably have them for the rest of your life. That taken into account, much cheaper in the long run thatn buying new shears that damage your hair every year.

|Xei
January 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Kamisori! Ahh, those are so pretty ~(*O*)~ It's great to hear that you're enjoying them.
A couple years back, I was going to invest in some higher end shears, and I would probably have gotten a pair of Kamisori's if only I could afford to put out so much money for shears.

pepperminttea
January 12th, 2012, 05:43 AM
They're beautiful! :crush:

I admit, I did have a sneaky peek at their website, and there's a basic pair for $165 that's tempting... but they charge $50 for international shipping. Phooey. :mad:

lastnite
January 12th, 2012, 05:51 AM
they are pretty. hopefully they last you for a lifetime of trims so they pay off :)

jaine
January 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I usually pay $60 plus tip for a haircut, tip is usually $15 ...so I think they would pay for themselves in 6 haircuts if I count tips! That's just a few years.

Peggy E.
January 12th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I will never live long enough to be able to afford those, but I sure wish I could - whoever said "money can't buy happiness" had obviously never seen these scissors!!!

Lucky you - use them in good health and CAREFULLY! ;o) (And if you ever get tired of them, put them on the Swap Board and I'll give you a good $75 for them - and people I know would still consider this a ridiculous amount to pay for scissors!)

Amber_Maiden
January 12th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Wow. Those look like some seriously fancy shears!!! Glad they worked for you!

becks113
January 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful... But I think if I got them I would go mad with power & it just wouldn't be good...d: enjoy your new toy! I bet your hair looks great!

Avital88
January 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Wow! what a beautiful scears!!
This is a bif different than my 7euro drugstore ones:D

Charybdis
January 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
DROOL. That is all.

PinkyCat
January 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
WANT.

Hmmm.
Wedding money. Scissor money. Wedding money. Scissor money.

DRAT!

PixxieStix
January 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I have to say, those are so pretty, and so amazing! Totally worth the splurge price, especially if you use them for the rest of your life! May they serve you well for years and years to come. :)

And thanks for the site link! Bookmarked. :D

CarpeDM
January 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
WOW this totally makes me feel better about all the money I spend on hair toys!!

RocketDog
January 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cute shears! I use my GEIB Katanas (I'm a dog groomer) when I want to thin out my bangs, they were only $350 but they are amazing on human or dog hair ;)

kittymallow
January 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM
treat them like gold, and dont ever drop them on the floor!! one drop to the floor is enough to damage a blade, and a damaged blade damages hair!! BUT woah i do so badly want scissors from kamisori.. *drooooool!*

patienceneeded
January 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Wow. I think my DH might just kill me if I spent that much on any one item, that is, if I didn't have a heart attack from sticker-shock first! Enjoy your fancy new purchase! I'll admire them from afar...

sisi33
January 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cute shears! I use my GEIB Katanas (I'm a dog groomer) when I want to thin out my bangs, they were only $350 but they are amazing on human or dog hair ;)

Good to know that I'm not the only one who does this! Although, Im the one who gets to use them first, when they come back from the sharpener!

Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL new shears! :toast: (I WILL NOT be looking at that site... Because then I'll have to put them down as the only thing I want for my birthday. Instead, I'll yearn for them from afar!) Once you get a good pair of shears, you'll cringe at using other scissors for anything. They are defiantly worth it!