PDA

View Full Version : She Let Me Play With Her Hair (pic)

Vanille_
January 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
So I made a new friend and I just can't help but be jealous of her hair. She says she hasn't cut it in years. I've told her about LHC, but I don't think she's ever going to be a fanatic. She wears it down mostly and I just can't believe it... so many fun things she could do! I finally said, "I know this is super weird.. but can I please play around with your hair? There are so many styles I want to practice." And she said yes!

So this braid attempt isn't great. It's even off center, but you can not imagine how hard her hair is to handle! It is SO long and thick. It took several attempts to even get a semi decent braid, as it took some getting use to to handle the weight, length, and thickness.

She gave me permission to post this picture.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC01574-1.jpg

And then there's my hair. I have some serious catching up to do in terms of length.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC006231.jpg
*it's not oily, just a little damp in one streak!

Littlewing13
January 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Beautiful hair! I want

battles
January 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
You both have beautiful hair. :flower: I think the braid turned out great, also!

Mopolop
January 11th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Obviously it's hard to compare hair in pics, but I prefer your hair Vanille, the colour is lovely. :flower:

Vanille_
January 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I prefer your hair Vanille, the colour is lovely. :flower:

Thank you so much! It surprises people when they see my hair in the light.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/DSC01623-1.jpg

Lostsoule77
January 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
That's a really pretty braid! I think you did a great job! And lucky you that you have someone to practice styles on. :D

Maktub
January 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
wow, you both have beautiful hair !

Mopolop
January 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much! It surprises people when they see my hair in the light.

Oh wow, I didn't expect it to look like that! Do you use henna? What's your natural colour?

Vanille_
January 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Oh wow, I didn't expect it to look like that! Do you use henna? What's your natural colour?

My hair is a dark brown I think. But it's fairly translucent and fine (when my greys come in they are are very translucent, no pigment and light can be seen behind them). I think this is why it looks like this in the sun, perhaps.

I use Manic Panic Vampire Red. It stays in for months for me.

Amber_Maiden
January 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Gorgeous hair! Both of your hair!

lolabird
January 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I agree. You both have lovely hair.

aisha.christine
January 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
You both have beautiful hair :)
I love your color Vanille; it's subtle and sleek inside, and the sun makes the red really pop. :D
Gorgeous.

Mopolop
January 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
My hair is a dark brown I think. But it's fairly translucent and fine (when my greys come in they are are very translucent, no pigment and light can be seen behind them). I think this is why it looks like this in the sun, perhaps.

I use Manic Panic Vampire Red. It stays in for months for me.

It's pretty. :D I like the idea of having walking into sunlight and having a massive hair colour change.

I'm surprised you can't see any streaks of red in the other picture, your hair looks uniformly dark.

Teao_the_cat
January 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Your hair in the sun is beautiful! And It's so shiny and glossy in the other picture... saying that, I would adore hair the colour your friend has, always had such a weakness for red hair...

Vanille_
January 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Yes and her hair is naturally that color, virgin hair!

AcornMystic
January 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM
It's a little hard to tell, but... I think my braid thickness, from what I remember of back then of all my hair, is about as thick as her half up braid... :o And might I say, her colour is simply divine. Your hair is very nice too; long and healthy looking.

Vanille_
January 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Your hair is very nice too; long and healthy looking.

Awww thanks! I don't get the compliment of it being long too much yet :)

beachgirlla
January 11th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Vanille, your hair is pretty thick, very beautiful, I would not want more than yours that if I ever can get 30% of your look, lol
Both of you are a WOW, thanks for sharing

PixxieStix
January 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Her hair looks almost EXACTLY like my baby brother's hair! He's got a ponytail circumference of about 6, and the color is nearly spot on. Sooooooo pretty!

And the braid looks good by the way, I think you did a splendid job, and you'll only get better with practice. :)

As for your hair, the color is very pretty, reminds me of a perfectly brewed cup of dark roasted coffee. Very shiny too!

Gumball
January 11th, 2012, 07:42 PM
You both have really beautiful hair. I think you did a superb job braiding her hair, even with how difficult you said the handling was. Good going!

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Both of you have beautiful hair.

newbeginning
January 12th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I'm so jealous of her colour. Wow just wow.

Vanille_
January 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I have no idea what I'm going to try next... hmm...

I'm thinking maybe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5wmzFNtdg).

MonaLisa
January 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Wonderful hairs! :)

Woods Nymph
January 12th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm with Teao the cat; I'm so jealous of your hair, Vanille! Red--"natural" or otherwise--is always beautiful!

PrairieRose
January 12th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I agree you both a lovely hair! Vanille, your hair has a nice shine! I can't believe how thick your friend's hair is, I think her braid is all of my hair.:D

Safira
January 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM
You both have beautiful hair.

EtherealDoll
January 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM
You both have lovely hair!

vatikagirl
January 13th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Gorgeous hair! Both of your hair!
Ditto... love those pics.

BrightEyes
January 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
You did a wonderful job braiding her hair! Both of you have beautiful hair. Yours looks so soft and I LOVE the color.

Vanille_
January 13th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the compliments everyone! I wasn't expecting them :)

Vanille_
January 18th, 2012, 02:23 PM
By looking at her picture, does anyone have any ideas for a hair style I can try or any products I should try? She doesn't pay any attention to her hair right now and has agreed to let me try new things on it.

Medievalmaniac
January 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Beautiful hair - BOTH of you!

You have a lovely color and shine to your hair. :)