PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii weather vs Fl

Aimskylove
January 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
My hair is not working with the weather here! Its frizzy!!! I dont know what to do. I had such a good routine in Fl now I will have to find a new one to match the weather here. Any advice?:D

cheetahfast
January 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
It's even frizzy with the keratin?? What's your current routine?

HintOfMint
January 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
What's the weather difference? Is it the sea air, is it more humid? Is it warmer?

Aimskylove
January 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
It's even frizzy with the keratin?? What's your current routine?

Well the last keratin treatment I did was with a different hair dresser and she did not have the strength that I usually do so it left my hair faster. So half my hair (starting from my roots) are frizzier. My ends have had more treatments so the keratin last longer there.

Aimskylove
January 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM
What's the weather difference? Is it the sea air, is it more humid? Is it warmer?

Well yes there is sea salt air and its much more windy. The air is also different not humid but has a similar effect. I'm not too sure what it is.

cheetahfast
January 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well the last keratin treatment I did was with a different hair dresser and she did not have the strength that I usually do so it left my hair faster. So half my hair (starting from my roots) are frizzier. My ends have had more treatments so the keratin last longer there.

Ah, mine always lasted a while, like 5-6 months. I did only do it twice though. It's weird since my hair still doesn't frizz the same...maybe this upcoming summer will be different for me.

Do you use cones?
Oscar Blandi glossing cream works really well in humid areas.
I used it back when I used cones, I still have the bottle I bought just in case I ever go back. I only used a small amount.

If not, I'm not sure what to suggest. I've only used shea moisture smoothie and natural oils since going cone free. I'm not sure they would help much. I do love the smoothie and it seems to prevent frizz.

manderly
January 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I lived in Hawaii my whole life up until last year - you will never have a hairstyle stay in place due to the tradewinds ;) Just don't even fight it. Seriously, you will lose. LOL.

Just enjoy the fact that no one in Hawaii has obedient hair and they all fight the same battle as you, all while sipping a margarita at the Beach on a beautiful January day ;)

honeydippedxo
January 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
My hair is typically wavy but when I'm in Hawaii it changes to super curly and I just maintain the curliness. Hmmm sorry for your hair troubles love, good luckk.

Aimskylove
January 11th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Its not so much the wind that bothers me, thats fine. Ive lived on an island before so im use to it. Its just the frizz. Now that I think of it though alot of it might have to do with the keratin leaving my hair. I have just been doing keratin for so long I forgot how crazy my hair can be! lol.

Kherome
January 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I lived in Hawaii my whole life up until last year - you will never have a hairstyle stay in place due to the tradewinds ;) Just don't even fight it. Seriously, you will lose. LOL.

Just enjoy the fact that no one in Hawaii has obedient hair and they all fight the same battle as you, all while sipping a margarita at the Beach on a beautiful January day ;)

Yep, this, and maybe some extra coconut oil...