PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding if I should spend money!

JadeTigress
January 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I was browsing through the 'favorite etsy shops' thread, and through that I found Sweet Creek Herbal Care. While browsing through that shop, I found this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/87320398/nettle-n-neem-herbal-silk-shampoo-soap

I was debating between this one and the Beer & Honey, but I'm thinking this one because I need all the help I can get regrowing my hair now that my TE seems to be done with.

Do you guys think this one looks good? I know it's only $5 (and I'm getting the Oats & Honey face soap, so I'm already spending money :p ), but I was just wanting some input before I buy this. I've never used a true shampoo bar before (I used a Lush one once, but it still had sulfates and artificial colors and whatnot), so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Amber_Maiden
January 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I don't like Lush in general because they say they are green/all natural when they really aren't... Awful.

Anyways, yes I do think it looks good. And it's not a bad price to try it! :)

I knew that thread would be enabling... :p

JadeTigress
January 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Well, that was all the encouragement I needed. I just got done submitting my order.

That thread was a terrible idea. I don't have enough money to be looking at all those goodies. :p

jeanniet
January 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I've tried that bar and liked it very much, although it ended that shampoo bars ultimately don't work with my water. I'm using my sample bars as soap for the shower, though, and they're working fantastically for that--no more itchy skin from soap!

If your water is questionable (mine is hard well water with lots of minerals, and a lot of products don't work for me), shampoo bars might not be the answer for you, but I would at least try them out. They're great to use. I'd use an acid rinse, especially if you have hard water, although not everyone seems to need one.

ElusiveMuse
January 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I don't like Lush in general because they say they are green/all natural when they really aren't... Awful.

Anyways, yes I do think it looks good. And it's not a bad price to try it! :)

I knew that thread would be enabling... :p

Actually, Lush never makes that claim. They market themselves as fresh and handmade, which is sometimes green and natural but not always.

Anyway, I have never had a good experience with shampoo bars but not everything works for everyone.

battles
January 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I haven't tried that bar specifically, but I really love her shampoo bars. :D

Here's a link to the shampoo bar thread. Tons of info there. http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74

JadeTigress
January 11th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks, everyone. :) I'll be sure to let you know if it's worth the $5 or not once I get it. :p

faellen
January 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I agree that you should buy it, and would be interested to hear how you get on with it... I might spend some money myself! :D