PDA

View Full Version : Belly button length=hip?

FluffSpider
January 11th, 2012, 02:44 PM
In your opinion, when your hair reaches your bellybutton when put over your shoulders, is it waist or hip? I mean, it should be waist, but if it's that solid of a waist in the front, it should be hip in the back... Is your BBL=hip?:D

HintOfMint
January 11th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I count goals as what it reaches when it's down my back. So if it's bellybutton length when draped in the front, it is likely hip length when it hangs down your back.

EvaSimone
January 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I count goals as what it reaches when it's down my back. So if it's bellybutton length when draped in the front, it is likely hip length when it hangs down your back.
Ditto this. Why even bother trying to figure out what it equals in the front? Just flip it over your shoulders and see where it falls. :p

candycandace
January 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure when you swing your hair over your shoulders, to the front of your body, that does away with some of your length. It's better to measure your length when it's laying on your back. :)

FluffSpider
January 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Well yes, but I can't tell whether when doing the two mirror thing, i may be tilting my head backward, and I don't want a false hip, but when I just graduated to waist I couldn't get it to my bellybutton and not I can but on the other hand it doesn't seem to be growing much *clamps hands over mouth* rambling again...

candycandace
January 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Well my bellybutton lies horizontally to the top of my hip bones, so if your hair is at your bellybutton I would say it is most definitely at hip length if not longer :flower:

Amber_Maiden
January 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I think it depends on how big your boobs are, to be honest. For example- I'm past waist and have a couple of more inches until I'm at hip- yet when I put my hair in the front it's barely past my boobs/it just covers them.

clarinette
January 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Well my bellybutton lies horizontally to the top of my hip bones, so if your hair is at your bellybutton I would say it is most definitely at hip length if not longer :flower:
You have horizontal bellybuttons on your hips??:D

candycandace
January 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
You have horizontal bellybuttons on your hips??:D
Erm...what? I said my bellybutton lies horizontally to the top of my hip bones?

horizontal= ---- (a line going this way)
vertical= l (a line going this way)

And that is all for today's geometry lesson. :D

Diamond.Eyes
January 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I think it depends on how big your boobs are, to be honest. For example- I'm past waist and have a couple of more inches until I'm at hip- yet when I put my hair in the front it's barely past my boobs/it just covers them.
This^^ :D
My hair is in between hip and TBL in the back, but when I bring my hair over my shoulders, it barely covers my bust area. So it's not very accurate to determine your length when your hair is in front, especially if you have large breasts. :p

Chromis
January 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Well yes, but I can't tell whether when doing the two mirror thing, i may be tilting my head backward, and I don't want a false hip, but when I just graduated to waist I couldn't get it to my bellybutton and not I can but on the other hand it doesn't seem to be growing much *clamps hands over mouth* rambling again...

Put your hand where the end of your hair is and then look in the second mirror to see where that is perhaps? I take pictures myself and have given up completely on trying to measure with a tape :lol:

emeraldfaery
January 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I know measuring down your back is the proper way to do it, but I like to visually see it in the front. When my hair starts getting around belly button range I know it's pretty darn long. I'd say yes, it's about hip length. Having it over your shoulder does eat up some length. Before I chopped my hair reached my BB and it was hip length.

Anje
January 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I think my belly button is an inch or two below the top of my hipbones, actually. But I've got a somewhat short torso. Even with your belly button but in back is probably right about at hip for most people.

clarinette
January 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Erm...what? I said my bellybutton lies horizontally to the top of my hip bones?

horizontal= ---- (a line going this way)
vertical= l (a line going this way)

And that is all for today's geometry lesson. :D
Haha I know what horizontal means....I also know what "lies" means, so maybe that's our issue here. Maybe you meant to say "aligns"?
Anyway that was just a silly litteral joke I made, nothing important, so I won't whip out the grammar lesson on you :D

candycandace
January 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Haha I know what horizontal means....I also know what "lies" means, so maybe that's our issue here. Maybe you meant to say "aligns"?
Anyway that was just a silly litteral joke I made, nothing important, so I won't whip out the grammar lesson on you :D
Wow, someone is feisty today! I really don't understand what your problem is and now I don't really care either, but my comment back to you was obviously meant as a joke. I don't understand why you are trying to argue with me. And I didn't say you needed a grammar lesson. I jokingly said "that's all for today's geometry lesson" because I wasn't sure if you understood what I meant. But maybe if you did have a grammar lesson you could understand what I was saying in the first place.

Diamond.Eyes
January 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Now I really don't think Candace meant anything bad with her reply to your post, which was a little rude to begin with. You can't make fun of someone's post without expecting them to stick up for themselves or elaborate what they meant.

ETA: I'm leaving now; before things blow up. :S

clarinette
January 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hum....what's with the agression? I made a simple friendly joke , it WAS friendly I mean, at least, it was SUPPOSED to come off that way...I thought you had made a typo, that's all,and I thought it was a funny one considering the visual it had put in my head: bellybutton on hips....I don't know maybe it's not funny out of my head lol... I didn't know you were so sensitive about your grammar, and I did NOT mean to offend you....read again how small my joke was!! it's harmless too! your reply shocked me a bit I'll admit, I was expecting a giggle, not violence. But ok....

Long_hair_bear
January 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Ok ladies, let's all step back and calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. :cheese: I honestly don't think anyone meant to be aggressive or insulting. :)

jojo
January 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
:gobblecheese::gobblecheese::gobblecheese::cheese: :cheese::cheese::cheese::

Long_hair_bear
January 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
:gobblecheese::gobblecheese::gobblecheese::cheese: :cheese::cheese::cheese::

Lol :D beware the cheese!

akilina
January 11th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Geez...idk but I would love my hair to hit my bellybutton! haha :]

luxepiggy
January 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Totally dependent on several factors including overall body size, vertical body proportions, posture, bust size. and curl pattern. My hair hits at the same level front & back at all lengths between waist & TB.

hypersensitive
January 11th, 2012, 11:08 PM
For me, it's: Waist-> Belly button-> Hip

I have a bit of tummy fat ^.^;

So no, hitting belly button doesn't mean hitting hip on me.

teela1978
January 11th, 2012, 11:29 PM
My hip bones are ~3-4 inches below my belly button... perhaps my torso is longer than I realized? Despite this, when my hair nears hip in the back it does not come close to my belly button in the front. As others have mentioned, my hair barely covers my boobs in the front at that length.

sfgirl
January 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM

And if you have a high or low belly button!
My belly button is right at the smallest part of my waist, and I remember my cheer coach in middle school complaining i had a high belly button (we would wear our skirts up to our belly button, which meant mine was shorter than some girls. I didn't mind of course, but she did)

StormVixen
January 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM
belly button is half way between waist and hip for me i think... I just pulled my hair down to see if it reaches... it does...! i can touch belly button with my hair :D (if i slouch a little ;))!

jasper
January 12th, 2012, 05:24 AM
I don't know about others, but my belly button is not where it used to be. I kind of think it would be a moving target :rolleyes: and not a great standard for a hair length milestone.

Jesabel
January 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Wow considering how different my length looks whether it is pulled to the front or down my back, if my hair was all the way to my belly button pulled to my front, I'd say it'd be near my tailbone!

Ligeia_13
January 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
It depends on your body I guess. My bellybutton - to my surprise - is about two inches lower than the thinnest part of my waist. And for my hair to fall to there over the front of my shoulders would mean its definitely hip. Probably longer, cause my hair always looks so short down the front :/

Aveyronnaise
January 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I don't know about others, but my belly button is not where it used to be. I kind of think it would be a moving target :rolleyes: and not a great standard for a hair length milestone.

Lol, hello bebes.