PDA

View Full Version : Hair History! (1st LHC pics, v pic heavy!)

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Ok so I finally sussed out how to post some pics! Thought I'd give you a brief history of my hair over the last few years :)http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSC00275-1.jpg
Please excuse my 'wide load'!! This is in 2009, after chopping back to just below BSL, black chem dye (been using this for the last 8 years)
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1212-1.jpg
This is a length shot from xmas 2010, still jet black but back to waist
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1347-1.jpg
From summer 2011, after 1 application of Colour B4 to remove the black. Stupidly I really love this colour & now want to achieve something similar with henna :rolleyes:
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1641-1.jpg
Lst summer again, after 3 goes with Colour B4 & some salon highlights, straightenedhttp://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1598-1.jpg & unstraightened
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1889-1.jpg
From today, showing the weird dip-dyed effect I have going on, this is after some serious over-bleaching at a salon, my hair is pretty trashed :(
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/Hair%20Pics/DSCF1892.jpg
And a length shot from today, braid waves from over night (it looks as though my hair is uneven but it's actually because I had a side braid in so it's kinkier on one side!) Waist length still as I had 2 big chops last summer. So this is what I am planning to henna over, should be interesting!!

Zhennni(:
January 11th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I liked how the brown color looked on you:)

holothuroidea
January 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Wow your hair is pretty resilient! Mine wouldn't even exist at this point. :laugh: It looks the healthiest in the first pictures, it looks like it might have gotten thinner. The beautiful shine is still there, though.

The black color is my favorite on you. What is your natural hair color?

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks! As far as I can make out my natural colour is a dark ashy blonde, it's very blah to me as i am so used to colouring my hair. I'm aiming for a deep dark red with the henna & some non- permanent brown chem dye over the blonde. Sadly my hair is a lot thinner Holothuroidea, shortly after I took the first length pic (black hair red top) I was assaulted & had about 1/3 of it ripped out by the roots, that was a year ago & it's all grown back & the new growth is around shoulder length now. I'm hoping to get to hip or maybe TBL by the end of the year (it grows like stink), then I will maintain there & trim out the damage & wait for it to thicken up again before deciding what to do :)

kanaka
January 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Black color is my favorite too. you are more beautiful in it especially

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks Kanaka, I loved the black too but I was worried about it looking too harsh as I got older. After all this hair-havoc i have decided that I definately prefer darker shades, the light blonde I have on the top at the moment just washes me out & I refuse to ever let anyone put bleach on my hair again after my last disasterous salon visit, in fact, I am very wary of ever visiting a salon again full stop. Just as well my ends are not in too bad shape, as I will probably not be trimming this year at all (unless it starts to look ratty & nasty) :)

holothuroidea
January 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
:grouphug: It really sucks bad that you were assaulted. The world just doesn't make sense sometimes.

I'm a dark ash blonde, too. I didn't start growing out my natural color until 9 months ago. I was also under the impression that my hair color was blah but I'm really pleased with it. It has a natural ombre from the sun. :)

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I didn't mean to suggest that dark ash blonde is an unpleasant colour, just that after years of chem dyes & the intense colour you get from them my roots always look, well, just 'mousey' in comparison. Before I ever started dying my hair used to take on some nice highlights in the sun, then I bleached it blonde all over coz I liked them so much!! I am soooo looking forward to hennaing, the one colour that I have never really had is red, I guess if I hate it I can always go dark brown again :)

ssjhotau2
January 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I hope you love henna- I do :). And with henna if you don't like it at first- you can just put on a few more applications over time and it will darken up nicely.

Alibran
January 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Before I ever started dying my hair used to take on some nice highlights in the sun, then I bleached it blonde all over coz I liked them so much!!

This is almost exactly how I got my hair into the state it's in. My hair had natural highlights from the sun one year, and I liked them so much I've been getting salon highlights ever since, and the bleach really hasn't done my hair any good.

I think the dark brown colour really suits you too.

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone! :) Yes Alibran, that bleach is evil stuff. Although when I was bleaching it myself at home, doing full head bleachings, I NEVER EVER managed to trash my hair as much as a so called professional who was only supposed to be topping up my highlights on the roots. Ugh, you live & learn!

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Your hair is lovely.

sfgirl
January 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I didn't mean to suggest that dark ash blonde is an unpleasant colour, just that after years of chem dyes & the intense colour you get from them my roots always look, well, just 'mousey' in comparison. Before I ever started dying my hair used to take on some nice highlights in the sun, then I bleached it blonde all over coz I liked them so much!! I am soooo looking forward to hennaing, the one colour that I have never really had is red, I guess if I hate it I can always go dark brown again :)

Ugh I go through this same thing. It's why I can't say no to dye even after everything it's done to my hair. I think your hair could look beautiful with henna though! BTW my mother is 54 and started dying her hair brown black again a few years ago and she looks so much better with this than she ever did with blonde highlights. If it goes with your skin tone and eyebrows, you can rock almost every look. :)

Mayflower
January 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm so sorry you were assaulted:(. But glad you're new growth is already shoulder lenght! I agree with the others, I like the dark colour on you, but the deep red will look amazing too.
Good luck!

sazzie88
January 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
The brown with streaks looks very nice but think deep red will look fab! nice to see some pics when you go ahead with it.

Also nice to see a fellow brit on here!

jojo
January 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I love the dark colour on you and your braid waves are just perfect!

sarelis
January 13th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Thank you so much for the compliments everyone! :) I will be mixing up my henna tonight, ready to apply tomorrow, will post pics (now I know how lol!)

fleurdelis
January 13th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I actually like the most when your hair is blond :D I think it looks beautiful in the last picture!