PDA

View Full Version : progress! :)

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I joined here just over a year ago, my hair had been chemically dyed permanent black for 8 years & I wanted some advice on how to lighten it. Sadly, shortly after i joined, I was assaulted & dragged around by my hair, resulting in masses of it being ripped out at the roots :( I lost about 1/3 of my thickness in all, luckily I had quite a bit of hair so it wasn't very noticeable to most people but I knew, my braids were all wimpy & skinny :( I was pretty upset by this & I didn't visit here for a long time, looking at all of your beautiful hair just made me sad. Anyways, I put my hair in a loose side braid or sleep last night, after a couple of hours the hairs at my nape were escaping so i went to fix it & found LOADS of shoulder length hairs, I mean loads! I don't think these are broken off longer hairs, the ends are tapered, so it must be all the hair that was ripped out growing back in! :cheese: I must do a thickness measurement & update my details (which are just a guess anyway, I am so thick at maths I didn't remember the difference between diameter & circumference, I was thinking "how the hell do they measure the diameter of their ponytail??" & just guessed it lol now I realise I'm meant to measure the circumference, what an idiot lol!)

the.fee.fairy
January 11th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Yay! (not to the idiot bit...to the regrowth bit!).

Glad to hear you and your hair are healing.

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Thank you! :) Your colour is beautiful in your avatar Fee Fairy, is that henna?

the.fee.fairy
January 11th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Nope. It's Directions Dark Tulip.

Henna makes my hair go ratty and sticky :(

Thank you for the compliment!

sarelis
January 11th, 2012, 02:35 AM
It's lovely anyway, I am hennaing for the first time this weekend, I am beyond nervous (OMG OMG what if I hate the colour? What if my hair hates henna?)!!!

the.fee.fairy
January 11th, 2012, 03:07 AM
ooh post the results!

And whatever recipe you use. I might try henna again at some point, so i'm stocking up on recipes :)