PDA

View Full Version : What is this called

cuties
January 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Ok, I have mostly smooth hair but lately I have noticed some spiral hair which don't feel smooth, I don't know how to explain it. If you touch it, it feels uneven, dry, unsmooth. Does anyone know what it is and how it is caused and how to prevent them/treat them? I never paid attention, but lately I was looking for split ends and found a few of these in my hair. Most of them are like that all the way from scalp to the end.

Carissamarie08
January 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Whatever you do dont pull those out, haha
because then you will keep wanting to pull out, and then you will soon find yourself with Trichotillomania, like me. lol

faellen
January 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I get those too. They seem thicker, wiry, and really easy to pull out (lol, can't help it sometimes).

Found a bit of info on these "rogue hairs" here: http://smultronstellet.blogspot.com/

faellen
January 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Oh and I found some more info on this very forum!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7698&page=2

(Sorry for double post, can't edit yet).

Zhennni(:
January 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I HATE those hairs! >;(

spidermom
January 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I could probably repair the sole of a shoe with one of those hairs. What's to hate?

swearnsue
January 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Some of my grey hairs come in thicker and curly but not my regular hair. Sounds cool though.

getoffmyskittle
January 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Head pubes :D

silverjen
January 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, everyone has a few rogue hairs. They don't need treating, as there's nothing wrong with them. Just keep on keeping on!

jojo
January 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
you beat me to it, thisis what I call them too:D strange mine come through like this but end up finer! I am however noticing more pubey hairs lately its either getting older and going into menopause or its stopping smoking:confused:

sbhonda
January 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but that's what I always think when I find them. I wish I didn't think that because it kind of grosses me out to think that.

Zhennni(:
January 10th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I hate them because they stick out everywhere and they feel so rough:( maybe because I have alot of those, I have no idea why. Usually people have a few strands of it but I have a bunch !