PDA

View Full Version : Hair compliment the other day

ColoradoDreamer
July 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I had forgotten about this until I was just now reading the thread about strange public reactions to our hair. So far, I haven't gotten any strange reactions, but I did receive a wonderful compliment the other day.

DH and I had gone to the hospital where I had all of my surgeries and cancer treatments one day last week for my X-rays and DEXA scan. In between my appointments, we went to the cafeteria to get a bite to eat. At a table near us sat a few ladies who obviously were there on their lunch break. One of them was the receptionist for one of my doctors who has been with me since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. When she recognized me, she said hi and immediately her eyes got wide and she said, "Your HAIR! You have so much of it!" I had my hair up that day in a kind of hurried get-it-off-my-neck updo with a clip I had in my purse. So I reached up and removed the clip. She literally squealed when my hair tumbled down.

Now, I know my hair is just APL right now, but she has seen me with no hair, no makeup, and no boobs. So I was looking pretty darn good with all three that particular day!:sun:

Jan in ID
July 14th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I'm sorry you had to go through the whole cancer thing, but I hope you continue to get better and better!

Riot Crrl
July 14th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Look at how long it is getting. Very soon you will be hearing these kinds of things from people who don't even know the history!

SHELIAANN1969
July 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
ColoradoDreamer, I just had to tell you that I adore and admire your wonderful outlook on life!

I am so happy to hear positive wonderful comments "post-surgery/chemo/etc"

Congratulations, and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for you to continue with fabulous health!! (((HUGS)))

Samara Morgan
July 15th, 2008, 06:41 AM
ColoradoDreamer she is certainly right about you having lots of hair! :grin: And lots of bravery too for going through all that you've been through :flowers: Riot Crrl is right, soon you will be getting compliments from people who don't even know your hair history as it's looking lovely :agree:

paper
July 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
That was so sweet of her to notice, and say something. APL is my next goal, I can't wait!

Saranne772
July 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Congratulations :D:D :grouphug::flowers:

lora410
July 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Awwww and LOL to funny how you worded it near the end. Congrats on beating your cancer, and growing a beautiful mane.