PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Leave-in Conditioner?

Amber_Maiden
January 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Just wondering what everyone's favorite leave-in conditioners are... I'm trying to find one that is organic and pretty much all natural, so bonus points if you can suggest one!!:)

sfgirl
January 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I really love Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal shine serum, it makes my hair super soft and manageable, and one bottle lasts me months, but it's not organic or all natural, so I'm not sure if this is much help.

MissManda
January 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
My favorite leave-in is Nightblooming's Winter Panacea blend. I haven't used any other products designed to be used as a leave in, so for the past couple of years I've stuck with normal conditioner and oils. I still have one particular section of hair that is damaged and is so dry that nothing seems to moisturize it except for the Panacea. It doesn't make the dryness go away completely, but it has done a better job than coconut oil, jojoba oil, and the regular conditioners I've used. Plus, it smells really good. :D

moxamoll
January 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm loving the Panacea as well. I think next batch, I'll ask her to send me some EO free, but the traditional works well in my hair.

Long_hair_bear
January 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I like toadstool soap's jojoba leave in in blue lilac. :D

BrightEyes
January 10th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Another vote for Nightblooming's Panacea (I use the summer blend). My ends tend to be a little dry from highlights and past heat damage. Nothing has made as much of a difference as the panacea, my hair has become more soft and shiny since I've started using it. I'm in love with the stuff.

nobeltonya
January 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm liking GF sleek & shine intensely smooth so far, but my hair likes cones.. it has apricot and argan oil in it, though. Works for me. :)

aisha.christine
January 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'll throw my vote in for Nightblooming's Panacea. I use the vegan blend.
Fox's Shea Butter recipe is also really great, IMO, but I think that's based on how your hair likes shea butter.

Arashi
January 10th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I really like Toadstool Soaps' leave-in.

Amber_Maiden
January 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
You guys are suck enablers!!! :D I just ordered Nightblooming's Panacea! :)

moxamoll
January 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
You guys are suck enablers!!! :D I just ordered Nightblooming's Panacea! :)
I can only assume that you meant "such". LOL I hope you like it or I'll feel bad!

Amber_Maiden
January 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I can only assume that you meant "such". LOL I hope you like it or I'll feel bad!

Opps- right you are! That was supposed to read " You guys are SUCH enablers! :D

Wonder how that K got in there... HUH. Weird day today...

girlcat36
January 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I love Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose; it's not specifically a leave-in conditioner, but that's how I use it. I can't get away from it, I do try other things but always come back to it. I guess it's my Holy Grail hair product.

swearnsue
January 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
LOL still laughing about the misspelled word! So funny. For a light moisurizer that fights friz and static I use aloe vera gel. Just make sure it is free of all alcohol. I have fine thin hair so I'm afraid to use any leave-ins because it doesn't take much to make my hair look greasy.

becks113
January 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM
My hair loves Garnier Fructis sleek & shine intensely smooth leave in! (:

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I just use Garnier Fructis triple nutrition as my leave in. It's not meant for that, but still works great.

I think I'm gonna have to order some Pancea after reading all these other responses! I bought some for my giftee in the winter gift swap, but never got myself any. :)

curlsgalore
January 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM
This! http://www.etsy.com/listing/81690743/satin-roots-leave-in
Love it, along with the gel!!

Diamond.Eyes
January 10th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I like my homemade leave-in. Some of the ingredients in it are: shea butter, rooibos infused coconut oil, aloe vera juice and whatever BPAL I feel like wearing that day...I've become quite obsessed with my BPAL's as of lately :bigeyes:.

GracieRae
January 10th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Alba leave in by alba botanica. They're organic and it's cone free. It has coconut oil in it too :) I like it! And it's under $10 :)

somethingducky
January 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Virgin coconut oil, Toadstool Soaps leave-in "Sweetgrass" scent or Garden of Wisdom's Rockin' Moroccan Goddess Hair Oil.

Viscountess
January 11th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I like my Live Clean Argan Oil leave in... the smell is heavenly and no yukky ingredients!!!

http://live-clean.com/products/exotic%20nectar%20-%20argan%20oil%20leave%20in%20spray

Long_hair_bear
January 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Virgin coconut oil, Toadstool Soaps leave-in "Sweetgrass" scent or Garden of Wisdom's Rockin' Moroccan Goddess Hair Oil.

Yay for toadstool! I get mine in blue lilac. :)

Maktub
January 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm curious about Khadija's from Henna Sooq "Sweet mimosa butter"... Has anyone tried it ?

Ingredients : unrefined shea butter, candelilla wax, extra virgin olive oil, castor, aloe vera, extra virgin rosehip, aloe vera gel, mimosa floral wax, sweet orange essential oil, peppermint essential oil, vitamin E

http://www.hennasooq.com/sweet-mimosa-butter/

Do you think waxes would require clarifying often ?

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I like mane n tail.

MagicalMystery
January 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Giovanni's Direct Leave-In Conditioner is my absolute favorite, after spending years in search of the perfect one. It is a daily ritual! My curls become ringlets!

Safira
January 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Jessicurl Aloeba. It´s the best, and I´ve tried almost everything. This really is my HG.

deltadeliquent
January 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Diamond eyes: your hair is incredible!
Can you share your recipe?

tori93
January 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
boots coconut and almond leave in conditioner, it's only £1.32 as well :D

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I love R&B from Lush, it's quite heavy (and expensive!) though, I only use a teeny tiny bit! It smells divine <3

Amber_Maiden
January 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I love R&B from Lush, it's quite heavy (and expensive!) though, I only use a teeny tiny bit! It smells divine <3

I used to use it, but found it wasn't worth the money. I also don't want to support Lush in anyways, since they lie about being Green, etc. :( But yes, R&B did smell good!

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I used to use it, but found it wasn't worth the money. I also don't want to support Lush in anyways, since they lie about being Green, etc. :( But yes, R&B did smell good!

Yeah it's really expensive, I decided it was worth the money (tried a sample first) because it's impossible to find good stuff without cones here!
I don't think any of my products are green to be honest, so them not being green isn't a big problem for me ;) But I didn't know they lie about it, is there an article or something about it? I'm just curious! :)

Amber_Maiden
January 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah it's really expensive, I decided it was worth the money (tried a sample first) because it's impossible to find good stuff without cones here!
I don't think any of my products are green to be honest, so them not being green isn't a big problem for me ;) But I didn't know they lie about it, is there an article or something about it? I'm just curious! :)

I don't think there's an article around here about it- but you'll probably be able to find one if you Google it. Or just take a look at some of their ingredients in their products. They really aren't Eco friendly, and they rely heavily on chemicals, some of which are really not good for anyone's body.
I'm really into green products, so I'd rather pay more money for something I know is green, then have something that isn't.:p

RedBlue
January 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I use GF Sleek n Shine leave-in. I've never used a leave-in in the past, so I really don't have much experience. GF seems to be working just fine, though!:)