PDA

View Full Version : What problem did co or conditioning between shampoos solve for you?

shikara
January 9th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Well, perhaps you tried it and just liked it, but if you found that it solved any problems you were having with your locks, please share.....

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_44053aa6.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=44053aa6.jpg)

jojo
January 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Doing CO washes every now especially in summer as my hair tends to dry, CO washes really help get my hair nice and soft again.

I am experimenting with CSC but I put my first condish on my hair(ears down) when its dry and leave for 10 minutes and then I shampoo using a diluted shampoo just the scalp leaving the conditioner still on the ends, then rinse and then add more conditioner from the ears down and lightly put some over my canopy but not on scalp, leave for 5 minutes and then rinse concentrating on the top of my head, i dont want to wash all the conditioner from the ends out! I am doing this to preserve my ends and I think its working!

Terra
January 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Hi,

I do CO for years now (started 2004 or 2005??). Only every now and then I use Jessicurls Hair Cleansing Cream, which is much more gentle then shampoo...

I really like CO, it makes my curls soft and bouncy. (Most of the conditioner do that, but unfortunately not every one.)

Some years back I wanted to give shampoo a try again... And I realized, that my curls didn't want to get into strands and have structure. It was awful! So I skipped shampooing again... It doesn't work for me.

Mommyof4
January 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
My curls feel better when I CO.. plus, my scalp doesn't feel dry and irritated.. I try to only use shampoo when I truly need to.. CO has helped my daughter's fine, silky hair to tangle less :)

pepperminttea
January 10th, 2012, 12:21 AM
My scalp's happier after CO, less dried out and less itchy. And when I've done a heavy oiling, the conditioner definitely gets it out more effectively than shampoo. :)

Lissandria
January 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM
When my hair is feeling dry and frizzy, is when I will do a CO wash. I don't think I would ever exclusively CO wash that being said.
ETA: also when I feel like my hair is slightly dirty and I have only recently shampooed I may also do a CO wash then. So I guess it is presevation of my hair, by shampooing less.

Long_hair_bear
January 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I co wash maybe twice a week to three times, depending on when I need it. I only cwc with shampoo once a week to week and a half, depending on how far I can stretch it. My ends feel a lot better with so much conditioning. I rarely have to trim them and it just makes my hair life better. :)