PDA

View Full Version : My hair is becoming curly again ??! Pics

LunarAurora
January 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hi !

I am very surprised to see that when I let my hair dry without putting it in a bun when it is still damp, I gave straight lengths and curly hair at the top of my head.

I remember that my hair became less curly when I started to use henna, but... in fact I do not think it was because of henna...

I did my last chemical dye 3 years ago. So I was wondering if this dye could have changed my hair structure AND my roots structure (if it was only the hair, the line between straight and curly would have been lower)

Has it already happened to one of you ? I am really wondering where it comes from...

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8849/dscf9175.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/dscf9175.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Alibran
January 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
That's amazing.

I don't know about roots - I really hope not - but I know my hair has become much less curly since I've been having it highlighted. That's a big part of my reason for giving up the highlights.

LunarAurora
January 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your answer ! Some chemicals treatments can have unexpected effects on hair...

Esthetically it doesn't mind to me, as I put my hair in buns all the time. I just want to understand ;)

morrigan*
January 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I used to have curly hair like that, when was shorter, but chemically dyed, then i bleach it and, my hair straighten a lot. I have about 15 cm of virgin hair and then bleached part and my hair will only curl in parts where almost all lenght is virgin (underlayer, growing out fringe( now looks like face framing layers) and baby hair). So I gues that in my case bleach broke some of protein bonds.

WaitingSoLong
January 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
My undercanopy/nape hair grows out "curly", more wavy than curly but the baby hairs will spiral when I sweat. It is gradually getting worse. It's OK except when I want to wear my hair down, it looks funky. I have to dry it with a hair dryer to straighten out the wves/curl. I should take a picture sometime. It looks like am wearing a wig and I have darker curly hair underneath. SIGH. Even blow dried, I still have wave. It is pretty visible from the back, too. I very much dislike it.

Also, this is new. A couple years ago this was not the case though I have always had a cowlick in the back that keeps me from having short hair. It just can't be tamed.

Mommyof4
January 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
My hair is weird... if I leave it to dry on it's own, it's really curly/wavy. If I put it up at all, it is barely wavy when I take it down. If I try to straighten it (no i don't anymore but when i did) it would curl within a few hours... I think daily humidity/product or lack of/care has a lot to do with it.. I've noticed that certain "natural" conditioners weigh my hair down, even if I don't feel like it's weighed down.. also, ANY oil I put on it smoothes it all to a wave.. the best way for me to get my actual curls is if I do an ACV rinse and don't touch it.. then it looks like I've had a perm lol..

lapushka
January 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM
You didn't use a straightening iron for a long time, by any chance? I know that continued use of straighteners can wreak havoc on curly hair, causing curls to become less curly and even making them go as good as completely straight. But if it's not that, I wouldn't know what caused this. It's so odd. Could be the dye, but it's still odd to me.

GlennaGirl
January 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Henna did make my hair straighter, just FYI. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. :flower:

ladonna
January 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I had really curly hair up until I was 16. That's when I started dying. Just in the past couple weeks my hair has gone from frizzy straight, to wavy, and now its curly again. My hair goes straight when its getting dried out.

whimaway
January 12th, 2012, 09:21 PM
It could just be that your hair texture is changing. I know that the hair can become more curly or more straight naturally over a period of years. (My hair has definitely become less curly over the past couple years.) It's also not uncommon to have different curl types on different parts of the head. So if it's not caused by heat/chemicals, it could be natural. :)