PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying followed by a tea rinse?

susisu
January 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM
I plan to clarify without conditioning and follow with a rooibos tea rinse, then just finish with mineral oil... I have been spritzing with rooibos daily for the past week, and also love to spritz over a freshly cleansed face... loving the results so far, just wondering if clarifying and doing a tea rinse may be some what drying??? I have done one tea rinse so far, but that was following conditioner, so didnt find it dried out my hair. Anyway will post results later!!! :)

Diamond.Eyes
January 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
In my experience of using rooiobs tea, I've found it can be rather drying. A lot of herbal and regular tea's have an astringent (drying) quality to them. The methods you are mentioning are known to suck moisture out of your hair. The occasional tea rinse is good for hair because it seals your hairs cuticle and adds subtle shine but I've never experienced any moisturizing benefits from it. I wouldn't recommend using rooibos tea as an herbal conditioner, but maybe a rosemary tea rinse will give your the moisturizing benefits that you seek. :flower:

susisu
January 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I haven't clarified for quite some time, and don't plan to do it daily, and as far as the tea rinse is concerned maybe once or twice a week... but thanks for the advice on the rosmary.... i will definately give it a try ;)

jojo
January 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Ive done occasional rooibo rinses and my hair loved them, but i remember doing quite a strong one and it did dry it somewhat but a weaker one was ok