PDA

View Full Version : aloe vera juice as hair spray?

Zhennni(:
January 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Hi guys! I wanted to do a heat-free curl tonight and would like some "hairspray" that will help keep the curls in, I have read that aloe vera gel can be used as a hair gel kind of thing, so I wonder if I can just put aloe vera juice in a mist bottle and just spray some on, would that work the same? Do I have to dilute it with water? thanks!

Zhennni(:
January 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
anyone???? and also I live in a dry area, so would aloe vera juice work for me?

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I haven't tried this, but I would assume that aloe vera gel applied to damp hair would work to hold your curl. I'm not sure about diluting it and spraying it on like a traditional hairspray, however, and using it to set the curls. I feel like it would probably take longer to dry than regular hairspray, and therefore and make your curls limp/frizzy from the water, IMO.

ericthegreat
January 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
There is a huge, huge difference between a gel and a hairspray. For one, a gel is always used for a wet look, you purposely glob it on and leave it there. A hairspray on the other hand is purposely used to give hair a dry look that holds. A hairspray is designed to mist over your hair and dry very quickly, so that it helps set whatever style you've chosen to do your hair in.

Also, pretty much all hairsprays contain SD alcohol, which is very drying on the hair. Its not healthy for your hair, however this quick drying factor of the alcohol is perfect for setting a style into place quickly and easily.

So no, mixing aloe vera with water certainly won't make a hairspray, since it doesn't contain any of the fast-drying alcohol. Even aloe vera in itself obviously can't be used as a hairspray, it can only serve as a wet-look natural gel.

If you want heat-free curls that will hold, you can try rag curls and/or you can twist your hair into a tight bun and wear it up all day. When you take it down for the night, the bun will have set your hair into nice waves.

Zhennni(:
January 8th, 2012, 11:45 PM
thanks for the replies! I guess I'll sleep in a bun x)

vatikagirl
January 9th, 2012, 02:40 AM
There is a huge, huge difference between a gel and a hairspray. For one, a gel is always used for a wet look, you purposely glob it on and leave it there. A hairspray on the other hand is purposely used to give hair a dry look that holds. A hairspray is designed to mist over your hair and dry very quickly, so that it helps set whatever style you've chosen to do your hair in.

Also, pretty much all hairsprays contain SD alcohol, which is very drying on the hair. Its not healthy for your hair, however this quick drying factor of the alcohol is perfect for setting a style into place quickly and easily.

So no, mixing aloe vera with water certainly won't make a hairspray, since it doesn't contain any of the fast-drying alcohol. Even aloe vera in itself obviously can't be used as a hairspray, it can only serve as a wet-look natural gel.

If you want heat-free curls that will hold, you can try rag curls and/or you can twist your hair into a tight bun and wear it up all day. When you take it down for the night, the bun will have set your hair into nice waves.

100% with this. Buns can give you nice curls. I do it myself, you can chk out my album in which I had bunned my hair for approx 60 minutes and got moderately good waves, so I guess if you sleep on a nice tight bun you can acheive good curls.

jacqueline101
January 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I had someone tell me lemon juice and water will make a hair spray. I don't know I've never done it.

Riselda
January 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I use aloe vera gel on my damp hair, pull it into a bun overnight, and have pretty curls that last all day. It might work for you, too.

mistyjose
August 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Hi guys! I wanted to do a heat-free curl tonight and would like some "hairspray" that will help keep the curls in, I have read that aloe vera gel can be used as a hair gel kind of thing, so I wonder if I can just put aloe vera juice in a mist bottle and just spray some on, would that work the same? Do I have to dilute it with water? thanks!

Yes, kind of. Although aloe very juice is a natural detangler but you should dilute it with water and then spray it on the hair. Additionally, there are hundreds of aloe vera juice hair spray are available in the market that you can also use in order to do a heat free curl.

Reference: http://aloevera-juicebenefits.com (http://www.aloevera-juicebenefits.com/)