PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying and dye

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hey all!

So I'm super new to the baking soda/ vinegar rinse idea and I was hoping some veterans of this system could give me some tips....

What is your baking soda to water ratio? Do you follow your baking soda rinse with a vinegar rinse or shampoo? If vinegar rinse, what is your vinegar to water ratio? Do you follow your vinegar rinse with a shampoo or condish? How often do you clarify?

As for dye, does clarifying strip dye? I'm getting my hair dyed hopefully for the last time tomorrow back to my natural color since I don't want to have to cut all the dye out. I don't want it to strip the brown dye off. :D

Thanks in advance for all the advice! :D

Kelikea
January 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I use one tbs baking soda in 16oz water, shaken in an applicator bottle. When it is dissolved, I squirt it all over my head and massage my scalp, then rinse it out. I do the same with the ACV, but the dilution can be slightly stronger, and you don't have to rinse it out. I don't know if it will strip the hair, the vinegar won't, but not sure about the BS. You don't follow the bs/acv with shampoo and conditioner. Clarify whenever you have build up, once a week to once a month or less.

jojo
January 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I don't use BS as it really dries my hair out, I prefer tresemme deep clean. If you do try BS make sure to really condition well.

celebriangel
January 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The BS/ACV routine will strip your dye like crazy. Given that BS is basically extra-strong clarifying stuff. It fluffs up the cuticles, so all the dye will just wash out...also, all that cuticle-fluffing really isn't good, long term. But in any case, this means that every wash is a clarifying wash.

Also, it's not good for damaged hair - works best on virgin, nonporous hair which doesn't need conditioning.