PDA

View Full Version : Routine and Supplements in 2012

ALongSummerWind
January 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Wanting to know what you all are using to keep your hair beautiful and increase your length this year.
What have you tried in the past that has worked and what was a fail?

1. Shampoos and conditioners -
2. Heat or no -
3. Vitamins and supplements -
4. Worked -
5. Epic fail -

Amber_Maiden
January 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
1. Shampoos and conditioners - Live Clean was a fail- burned my scalp, Prairie Naturals was too thick, gave up SLS shampoos because they all made my scalp break out...

2. Heat or no - No. Only three times, because of I was getting my hair cut, and because of my wedding.

3. Vitamins and supplements - Biotin= fail.

4. Worked - ACV. S&D.

5. Epic fail - COing.

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
No heat. No massive cuts. No massive set backs. Shampoo and conditioner Mane N Tail for both. Multi vitamin and hair skin and nail. Monastat. No real changes in routine added extra cocoa nut oil to dry ends stop my splits from shedding done a s&d clarified cured the issue. I did add a leave in condish and I still use spray in detangler. I still oil my entire head with my mister oil. Fails none really so far.

FrozenBritannia
January 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Wanting to know what you all are using to keep your hair beautiful and increase your length this year.

2. Heat or no -
4. Worked -
5. Epic fail -

1) argan oil shampoo and/or shampoo bar, no conditioner
2)no heat! I took my curling irons and straightening irons to the thrift store.
3) multi vitamin, occasionally biotin or hair and nails, but only when my nails straight breaking off.
4) staying away from conditioner
5) COing.

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM

2. Heat or no -
4. Worked -
5. Epic fail -

1. Abba pure moisture and toadstool soaps deep condish and jojoba leave in
2. Nnnnnnoooooooo heat
3. Just a regular multivitamin
4. Jojoba works well, gonna try mineral oil, washing my hair once a week made my hair healthier, and the Bbb I got works well
5. Bleaching my hair and used Sls shampoo in 2011 (Sebastian drench)

Mina17
January 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
1. Shea Moisture was a fail: too heavy and build up, Nature's Gate: ok but not great, liking Giovanni 50/50 and Smooth as Silk, Paul Mitchell Shampoo One

2. I don't use heat

3. Supplements: multivitamin, biotin, msm, drink horsetail tea. Not sure if any of these are actually helping

4. Worked: using lighter conditioners, less leave ins, camellia oil, diluting shampoo, yogurt hair mask

5. Fail: CO, stretching washes, heavy conditioners, castor oil, basically anything that promotes build up on my scalp and hair

PixxieStix
January 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
1. Shampoos and conditioners -Previously used Aveda, LOVE it, works great, store was closed when I went to go buy shampoo though, so I spent an hour or more in Ulta looking for a good shampoo that was SLS, parabean, and cone free, came up with ABBA, mixing it 50/50 with organic virgin coconut oil for oil shampooing.... :crush: My hair is amazingly happy.
2. Heat or no - Mostly no, it's winter and sometimes I need to blow dry the last bit of water out of my hair before going out, always on cool though(Does blow drying without heat still count as heat?) Never owned a flat iron, not sure if I have a curling iron somewhere.
3. Vitamins and supplements - Flax seed oil, Citrical, Hair, Skin and Nails (only 2 pills though, not the recommended 3, as there is way too much biotin in there and I don't want to overwork my kidneys.)
4. Worked - Microtrims, oil shampooing, weekly deep oil treatments, henna, finger combing, seeing if scalp massages increase growth or not.
5. Epic fail - COing. Thought it was working, but it really, really wasn't. Oh well, live and learn. :p

jojo
January 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM

-

1. Shampoos and conditioners - I use which ever I can get for a good price! My hair prefers no cones as they tend to weigh it down, but i do use them. I very rarely look at ingredients. I just first put conditioner from ears down on dry hair, leave it 10 minutes and then shampoo roots only and then add more conditioner to ears down, leave for 5 minutes and rinse. I do a weekly DC with either oil or a thick conditioner and finish with a white vinegar or weak lemon juice rinse!
2. Heat or no - I very rarely use heat, unless im in a rush and its cold but mainly I wash my hair in the evening so its dry by morning. I prefer to let my hair dry natually as I like my waves. Blow drying makes it kind of puffy!
3. Vitamins and supplements - I prefer to eat healthily. I do take cod liver oil but mainly for my joints and it has had a positive affect on my hair.
4. Worked -patience, its took me 6 years from pixie short at back to just past waist. I have always trimmed regular too as I like my hemline to look neat and it helps with keeping the splits away. I also oil lightly every day on just the ends and i wear it up to protect my ends daily. I also love my BBB!
5. Epic fail - going no trims doesnt work for me, though i am trying out just trimming every 6 months this year to try and gain more length. Time will tell if this works but I couldnt go a full year without at my length. Ive done 2 years when my hair was short with no problem though.