PDA

View Full Version : Question: Hair Trimming Scissors?

sun-kissed
January 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I have a old pair of nailscissors that I think would work well 4 my self trim, but I thought I should as because I wanna cut layers and I dun wanna mess up its my 1st time. Allso, does it matter if I cut them myselfs>? Plz reply I need 2 kno!!!

;)

Do sewing scissors work as hair-trimming scissors? Because I have a pair of real hair scissors, but I don't know how old they are or if they're even sharp anymore. I do, however, have a pair of super fancy, extra sharp sewing scissors in my possession, so I've been wondering: Would they work? Or do I have to use a pair specifically designed for cutting hair?

Thanks in advance. :cheese:

PennyLaneDream
January 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sewing scissors would probably work (assuming that they are still sharp and a manageable size) but it will make them less effective for sewing! If you don't sew much anyways it's not a big deal but I'm just letting you know it will dull the blades so they won't be as good for cutting fabric/thread. Good luck! :)

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'd buy hair scissors. Its not a big deal but they're made for hair. You can get help if you need it.

Shebelina
January 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
My mother trimmed my hair with her dressmakers scissors two months ago, and so far, no split ends. I don't know whether it would be recommended though.

I have since bought myself a pair of hair scissors, but as a stop gap, I don'y think it would be the end of the world.

Snippety
January 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
My husband trims mine it's my sewing scissors and both hair and scissors seem ok :p