PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Shampoo and Conditioner together?

SopphireGem
January 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I find shampoo always seems to harsh on my hair; it leaves it feeling like hay, even when I apply conditioner afterwards. But I've also tried CO washing, which doesn't seem to clean my hair very well; it feels greasy the next day. Would it be a good idea to mix the shampoo and conditioner together so that the shampoo isn't so harsh and the conditioner doesn't leave my hair greasy? Would this work?

Amber_Maiden
January 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Sounds a bit counter productive. How about diluting the shampoo with water?

delsh
January 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
There are quite a few people that use a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, like you buy at the store. Maybe try one of those, and still condition afterwards if you need it.

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I've never really been keen on 2 in 1s. Have you tried using other shampoos? Maybe you can find the gentlest one that works for you, and dilute it with water to make it even gentler.

Gingerbear
January 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I accidentally mixed my shampoo and conditioner together last month. I was trying to consolidate conditioner bottles and wasn't paying attention. I decided to use it because I did not want to be wasteful. My hair seemed fine after the first few washes, but then started to get crunchy with increased breakage and tangling. I ended up putting it aside to use on my pets. Maybe mine weren't compatible. I would be careful.

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'd try a 2 in 1 and then if that doesn't work I'd get a milder shampoo.

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I find shampoo always seems to harsh on my hair; it leaves it feeling like hay, even when I apply conditioner afterwards. But I've also tried CO washing, which doesn't seem to clean my hair very well; it feels greasy the next day. Would it be a good idea to mix the shampoo and conditioner together so that the shampoo isn't so harsh and the conditioner doesn't leave my hair greasy? Would this work?

Is your shampoo Sls free? You may want to check. Like some others, I'd advise you to either dilute your shampoo or get a gentler one.

CaityBear
January 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I sometimes do that a bit. I CO 99% of the time and sometimes if I need a bit of a kick to help clean my hair I add a tablespoon of shampoo to my conditioner bottle but I don't do that very often.

Madora
January 8th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Shampoos are meant to cleanse and conditioners are meant to protect.

Try diluting your shampoo and your conditioner also and be sure to rinse out each thoroughly.

excentricat
January 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Have you tried CWC? You could coat your hair in conditioner, and then wash over that, then condition like usual. Maybe the coating of conditioner would help protect your hair from the harshness while still getting clean.