PDA

View Full Version : Washing day question

Bri925
January 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Still a newbie I had a question..... I was going to do an at home protien pack with egg, olive oil and mayo, but I just bought some acv nd really wanted to use it afterwards. With this be ok? Also I dry my hair with a blow dryer. I do try to do it as safely as possible, but I didn't want to have vinegar smelling hair....any helpful hints would be great. Also since I have you hear....I have been using sweet almond oil for the oilings in my hair anyone have stories regarding sweet almond oil?

bna_rapunzel
January 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Still a newbie I had a question..... I was going to do an at home protien pack with egg, olive oil and mayo, but I just bought some acv nd really wanted to use it afterwards. With this be ok? Also I dry my hair with a blow dryer. I do try to do it as safely as possible, but I didn't want to have vinegar smelling hair....any helpful hints would be great. Also since I have you hear....I have been using sweet almond oil for the oilings in my hair anyone have stories regarding sweet almond oil?

I can only answer the oil question. I, too, use sweet almond for my hair/skin and it works great. I love it. I also use jojoba oil for my hair/skin. If you like sweet almond oil, chances are, you're going to love jojoba oil :)

I oil my ends daily and don't ever have oily hair from it. I do deep oilings with it, use it for my skin (all over), my face, everything. Google sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. The uses, results, and mircales that I've experienced from these oils are tremendous. PM me if you want more details :)

Good luck with the acv. I've never used it myself, I'm blonde, but I've read many great success stories :)

Bri925
January 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you for your help. I have noticed that my ends get oily so I normally do it the night before a wash or day of and have to put it in a bun because it looks so obvious to me that they are oily. I normally just spray some oil in my hands rub it. Then I take it to the length. Am I doing this right?

Bri925
January 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Also I don't know how to pm....hehe sorry new here

bna_rapunzel
January 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Thank you for your help. I have noticed that my ends get oily so I normally do it the night before a wash or day of and have to put it in a bun because it looks so obvious to me that they are oily. I normally just spray some oil in my hands rub it. Then I take it to the length. Am I doing this right?

If it makes your hair happy without making it "too" oily for you, yes, you are doing it right!
I don't buy leave ins anymore. I make my own. It doesn't make my hair greasy and distributes the oil amazingly. I take water, add a couple dollops of my fav cone free conditioner, add 5 drops jojoba oil and 5 drops sweet almond oil in a squirt bottle, shake it up, and use it.

I don't make a lot at a time, maybe enough for 1-4 uses.

A lot of the time, instead of oiling my hair, I'll do this and it makes my hair sooo soft. :)
Hopee some of this helps. :)

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Another thing you might want to consider is getting a boar bristle brush. I've been using mine for a mere 3 days and I love it. I oil my hair with jojoba when it's damp at night then detangle with a wide tooth comb and use my Bbb in the morning after its dry. I really feel like the Bbb helps distribute my sebum and jojoba oil evenly and makes my hair soft and smooth. I can already feel the difference in my hair. I know that's what a Bbb is supposed to do, but you never really know till you try it on yourself. :D

bna_rapunzel
January 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Also I don't know how to pm....hehe sorry new here

Ahh! Sorry! PM is private message.
Blonde moment on my end.
Ok. The OCM (oil cleansing method thread) has sooo much good info on it. Read through it. Many members have had success with these oils.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=811&highlight=oil+cleansing+method

Sweet almond oil:
Diminishes the look of dark under eye circles over time
Natural anti inflammatory
It can ease discomfort in muscle pain
It can be used to cure SD
It can treat and relieve sunburns
It reduces the appearance is scars, age spots, and loose skin over time
It reduces wrinkles
Consumption helps relieve different digestive disorders, such as indigestion, congestion of stomach, and constipation.
Uses in food help enhance memory power and concentration
Consumption lowers cholesterol levels

Jojoba oil:
You want pure. Pure is a golden color, whereas processed is clear. Go for the gold! :p
It is non toxic, non comodogenic, and non allergenic
It promotes healthy, clear skin
It contains vitamin e
It protects you from the damaging effects of free radicals
It works for curing SD
It can be applied before/after shaving to prevent razor burn
You can use it on cuts and bruises to help them go away quicker
Can be used as a lip gloss/lip balm
Can be used as a makeup remover

Hope this helps!! :)

bna_rapunzel
January 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM
On top of using these oils for hair. Their uses on hair are just amazing.
I've never had such soft hair.

I agree, a BBB is very useful for oil distribution. Makes your hair even softer than before :)

Bri925
January 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Very cool! I noticed the top of my hair bangs and such really loved the crazy mixture. I must get a BBb. It's on my next to do, I did just go out and buy monistat so I am very excited to try this new little experiment!

Kelikea
January 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I use acv rinses. They are good for when my scalp gets itchy. The vinegar won't smell when your hair is dry:)

Bri925
January 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Ps I just became member! I made it past 25 post! Whoooo hoooo!

bna_rapunzel
January 9th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Ps I just became member! I made it past 25 post! Whoooo hoooo!

Congrats!! Check out the other forums too! There's so much great stuff on this site that I didn't even notice until like a month in to being a member. :)
I hope your question was answered on this thread.

:)