PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my routine change!!

Ohio Sky
July 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm considering the Nexxus line as I have heard great things about them, specifically the Therapee and Diametress shampoos, and Sublime Volume and Humectress conditioners. What do you think of these products? Do the volumizing products really pump up the volume, or is it a waste of money, as are most volumizing products?

My hair is dyed and dry at the ends and very prone to tangling. I need lots of moisture, but also have relatively thin hair that is prone to look lank and greasy with heavy conditioners. Will anything in this line give me moisture without making my hair look yucky (technical term)?

Also, I was thinking of using some VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea in some combination with whatever I buy, maybe as CWC but I have never tried CWC. How would I do it with these products?

(I would love for my hair to smell like the VMT for the rest of my life. I think it's quite possible my favorite smell. EVER. :cloud9:)

Thanks in advance!

lora410
July 14th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh here you go again. Lol sorry, anyway I havent tried any of these but wanted to wish you the best of luck. And btw I got a poo bar that agrees with my hair:eyebrows: but now I feel in love with a shampooSince you are inquiring about changing routines I have switched to shampoo one day, and Co for 1 or 2 days in a row,and then shampoo. I had to do this becuase my scalp gets odd smelling if its not washed daily, and I didn't want to suck the life out of my hair by shampooing daily. It took some getting used to but in the end I like it better :flower:

P.S I just realized what I said was no help at all :lol:

Ohio Sky
July 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I don't want to wash daily, but I may consider using CO in alternation.... see, you actually did help me!! :p

Either way, I'm glad you found a routine that works for you! I'm still searching, and the more I try stuff that has worked for everyone else that fails miserably for me, the more I consider just going back to what I was doing before LHC.

crebbsgirl
July 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Alright, although we have different hair types, I will tell you my experiences with Nexxus Therappe and Humectress. I found Therappe hard to rinse, and Humectress weighed my hair down excessively. Both were very moisturizing, which is what I was looking for, but I couldn't make them work for me. Good luck though, let us know how they turn out for you!!

lady_hero
July 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I like the Humectress as a leave in. I CWC with either Head&Shoulders or TRESSemme and then smooth in a small amount of Humectress after I towel dry. It has a delightful cocoanutty smell and it really boosts up the shine, too. I have not noticed that Humectress weighed my hair down. Also, I have not used it as a conditioner. HTH!

Ohio Sky
July 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Ok, so how to CWC? I searched but CWC is too short... would I use the heavier one as the first C, and the V05 as the second one?

happymommy
July 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I used the therappe and Humectress for ages. They really added moisture to my dry fine hair. Several people on the Makeup alley site recommend alternating Humectress with the Kerafix conditioner for added hair strength. The Humectress will weigh down fine hair.

I tried the Diametress and found it to be extremely drying. The volume wasn't that noticable either.

Shine was non-existant without outside help.

I've since switched to Organix sulfate-free line.

Jen
July 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I used therappe and humectress and my hair LOVED them.

My scalp did not. I got the flakies pretty bad.

I think tresemme is a comparable alternative and am able to use that without scalp issues.

I'm 1a/m/ii btw for comparison.

Ursula
July 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM
CWC works the same no matter what products you use. Condition from the ears down, shampoo your head, rinse, then condition all over. You can use different conditioners or the same conditioner for the first and second conditioning, as you prefer.

You may want to check out the article I stuck in the articles section called "Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice." It's basically a method for experimenting with your routine, that involves delibrately doing no more than one change (to product or technique) every two weeks. Try to change a bunch of things at once, and you'll be confused about what changes call what effects.

lora410
July 15th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I don't want to wash daily, but I may consider using CO in alternation.... see, you actually did help me!! :p

Either way, I'm glad you found a routine that works for you! I'm still searching, and the more I try stuff that has worked for everyone else that fails miserably for me, the more I consider just going back to what I was doing before LHC.

yeah, I didn't want to shampoo daily so it didn't make my hair dry. Now my hair does get slightly oil on the second co day so this is a day I throw it up and let the extra moisture do it's work.

missy60
July 15th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I really like the Therappe shampoo its very moisturizing to me and seems to rinse very easily, but I didnt like the Humectress it was just like using nothing in my hair. My scalp loves this shampoo and it rinses very easily for me isnt it strange how different people have such different options on products. You can get samples of the shampoo and conditioner from their website to try since reading these reviews it obvious that these products are either a love or hate thing. I havent used the Humectress as a leave in though I might try that with the little bit I have left in my sample.

trishsharley
July 15th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I have used Nexxus before a few times. It weighs my hair down(and I have some thick hair) and I don't care for it. But I do use Joico and love,love love it!! Good luck. :)

danacc
July 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I love the scent of VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, too. I was saddened when I went to the grocery store to replenish, and found that it no longer carries this scent. But back to some of your questions.

I have never used the Therapee and Diametress shampoos, and Sublime Volume and Humectress conditioners, so I can't help you there. I've been using a modified version of CWC for a while. My scalp hates conditioner. So, CO is not doable for me, and conditioning all over is not doable for me. I follow the following routine, varying the second C from what Ursula outlined: Apply conditioner to length only, and shampoo to scalp only. Massage shampoo on scalp. Rinse the shampoo from the scalp and the conditioner from the length all at the same time. Some shampoo suds will rinse down the length during this step. Apply conditioner to length only (ears down). Leave for desired amount of time. Rinse.

The VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea conditioner is somewhat cleansing as far as conditioners go. It will remove a heavy coconut oiling from my hair. I always use it for the first C in the CWC. If my hair needs more moisture than it provides, I'll use a heavily moisturizing conditioner for the second C in the CWC.

I second Ursula's advice to not change too much at one time. If you want to try CWC, start by using your current products to do it and note how your hair responds over the course of a couple of weeks. If you want to switch products, continue with your current washing and conditioning method for a couple of weeks and note how your hair responds to the new products. After two weeks of trying the first change, then go on to make the next change.