PDA

View Full Version : To fry or not to fry!

AGFE0914
January 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I'm going out for the first time tonight with out styling my hair. Other than combing it. I'm soooo tempted to use my curling and flat iron!!!!!

This no heat diet is killing meeeeee!!!!

Just needed to vent, hopefully tonight goes well unheat styled hair and all.:couch:

battles
January 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It's not a terrible thing to use heat on occasion if you really enjoy how it looks. :p You won't be kicked out.

Long_hair_bear
January 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM
You'll live and look just as pretty I'm sure. :D. I used to flat iron sometimes before I figured out my hair hated it like I ate sauerkraut. :puke:

AGFE0914
January 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hello battles,

I still have lots of split ends :( and I've only been heat free for about 9 days. I'm reeeeeeeaaallllly tempted but I'm not gonna do it. (I say that now but we'll see when I step out of the shower) im hoping my outfit makes me feel so hot That i forget about my hair not be tortured to look nice.

Thanks for commenting and you have a lovely sat :)

AGFE0914
January 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ooooh Long_hair_bear when you use the word hate it reminds me of how awful it is. Thanks I'm def NOT going to heat my hairs. Thank you for that!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

battles
January 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hello battles,

I still have lots of split ends :( and I've only been heat free for about 9 days. I'm reeeeeeeaaallllly tempted but I'm not gonna do it. (I say that now but we'll see when I step out of the shower) im hoping my outfit makes me feel so hot That i forget about my hair not be tortured to look nice.

Thanks for commenting and you have a lovely sat :)

Ahh, I see! Good luck sticking to it. Have you trimmed recently? Maybe that would help with the condition of your ends.

Have fun tonight!

AGFE0914
January 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Yes ma'am I trim my ends ever 2 months or so just before Christmas was the last trim. And I'd say about 4-5 times a week I go find and destroy (I always forget the abbreviation used for finding the splits and demolishing them gently by a clean snip) I do that for about 5 - 10 minutes. I hope I get rid of them all one day. I also hope I can figure out if it's not just the heat that was causing them.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I made it!!!!!! Last night was fine and the club was too dark to notice if I straighten or curled it. Thanks for the support beatific people!!!

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm glad that it went well for you! My sister is trying to do this as well and went out last night with her curls. Despite the current fashion, I think curls are gorgeous and should be allowed to be free. :D

suzye
January 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I get the same urges sometimes! But I know how unhealthy it makes my hair. All I have to do is remember how much time it saves me, and I'm okay. I'm becoming more confident in how I am naturally too, without frying my hair.

fridgee
January 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I made it!!!!!! Last night was fine and the club was too dark to notice if I straighten or curled it. Thanks for the support beatific people!!!

Congratulations! Its so hard at first not to be tempted! I think it just takes a while to get used to what you look like with different hair, I know I kept thinking 'oh I'll just fix this tiny bit with my straighteners to make it look neat' but then I ended up doing the whole lot bit by bit to make it all look the same! Now I'm more used to my wurles I don't get the urges so much. I do still straighten from time to time tho. :shrug:

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
LS ur sister is lucky to have natural curls! I live curly hair! Te her good luck with the no heat.

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Try foam rollers instead. I like them.

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Yes she is. :) I only have wurls myself. It's hard for her too because most girls do straighten. Her roommate does it constantly and complains about how ugly her curly hair is. :shrug: It's partly because of me and this site that she's stopping. I put some coconut oil on her hair and she learned about using a diffuser and she's finally kicking the habit! You can do it too! Just keep reading on here and learning about better ways to take care of your hair. You'll fall in love with how nice it feels and not want to straighten often or at all. :D

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hi Suyze,

Yeah it's not easy at first but I'm getting used to it. It will be worth it though!

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Congratulations! Its so hard at first not to be tempted! I think it just takes a while to get used to what you look like with different hair, I know I kept thinking 'oh I'll just fix this tiny bit with my straighteners to make it look neat' but then I ended up doing the whole lot bit by bit to make it all look the same! Now I'm more used to my wurles I don't get the urges so much. I do still straighten from time to time tho. :shrug:

Yeah that what it is. I need to get used to my non curly non straight slightly wavy natural hair. Healthy hair is beautiful over dry damaged, thats what I need to recite when I get the urges.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM

Good idea, I'm kinda impatient but if I really want my old look I'll get Siam foam rollers I have the plastic ones too.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM

Yes she is. :) I only have wurls myself. It's hard for her too because most girls do straighten. Her roommate does it constantly and complains about how ugly her curly hair is. :shrug: It's partly because of me and this site that she's stopping. I put some coconut oil on her hair and she learned about using a diffuser and she's finally kicking the habit! You can do it too! Just keep reading on here and learning about better ways to take care of your hair. You'll fall in love with how nice it feels and not want to straighten often or at all. :D

I would love curly hair! Your sister is blessed and with your help she will live her hair soon :)

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Yay I made it to 25 :) thanks beautiful haired people for all your replies :)

allnight avenue
January 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Just out of curiosity, is your hair heat styled in your avatar picture? Either way it looks GORGEOUS.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, is your hair heat styled in your avatar picture? Either way it looks GORGEOUS.

I wish that was my hair naturally not to sound unappreciative I'm berth happy I have hair! In my main pic it's blow dried and then curled with a curling iron.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Berrth = very**** I'm a typo queen especially on my ipod

AnqeIicDemise
January 8th, 2012, 06:47 PM
If I'm going out and I want curls, I'll normally do bandana waves or curls the night before, keep them on while I get ready then remove the rags last. Its been about 6 hours and my waves are intact still. It looks like I took a curling iron to them.

AGFE0914
January 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hi Angelic,

Yeah I'm going to non heat PRE curl if I want to have a non natural do for the night/day. What are bandana waves?

Your kitty (assuming yours) is adorable!!!

proo
January 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Remember: every time you use heat, it's that much longer to virgin hair.
Your hair will be so much different once it's virgin.
It took 2 years for mine to be virgin to the shoulders . . . guess it gave me time to work on my sparkling personality!

AGFE0914
January 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah that was before I joined LHC. Thank you so much for that compliment all night avenue :D

AGFE0914
January 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Proo, you are oh so right! I got through that night just fine without hurting my hair :D I can't wait to have long beautiful virgin hair, I'll still have my abused hair but it will be much cared for.

AnqeIicDemise
January 11th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Hi Angelic,

Yeah I'm going to non heat PRE curl if I want to have a non natural do for the night/day. What are bandana waves?

Your kitty (assuming yours) is adorable!!!

Do not be fooled by her tomcattery. She is *evil*, I tell ya.

Actually, Patches is not evil, just stubborn, just like her mama.

Bandana Waves (http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/09/24/bandana-waves/)

I can't get all my waves to come out as perfectly as hers but I've gotten close. I've only got the proper bandanas recently. I was using a different material but it was too thick.

People always ask if my hair is *that* wavy. Yes, it is wavy but my wave pattern's neither uniform or that beautiful.