PDA

View Full Version : detoxing question

bunnylake
January 7th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Two weeks ago I began a no-poo regimen, but didn't like it much so I decided to try Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. My concern is this, though... during my two weeks of no-poo I broke down because my hair felt so gross and used my sisters Wen, one time. I figured it wouldn't be so bad because it's close to natural, I suppose... and wouldn't set me back too far. Someone mentioned to me that Wen contains silicones, which cannot be removed from the hair at all unless I use a sulfate shampoo. They suggested I have to use a sulfate shampoo to remove the silicone that is supposedly still coating my hair, and then begin my detox over again. I'm not sure if I buy this. It's the first i've heard of it and i've done a lot of research on going no-poo/transitioning to completely natural cleansing methods.
Any thoughts?

Amber_Maiden
January 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'd probably use a bit of baking soda just to clarify, but it's really up to you whether you think you need it or not.

spike316
January 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
It all depends on the person, some shampoo bar users have great success with shampoo bars and silicones. It's up to you!