PDA

View Full Version : Hair Twisters

Dark Rapunzel
January 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I was browsing around the interwebs when I happened upon these Hair Twisters.
They are basically spiraled metal that you twist your hair around to make it look like your hair is inside the twist. I don,t know how to put it any other way!
I had found one when I was a kid and I still have it (lol) but I had been looking for others, and I found them!
You can have mini ones for small sections of hair, or ponytail ones (up to 20 inches)! They're gorgeous and exotic looking, and I want one!!

This is the website:
http://www.hairtwisters.com/

Enjoy!

Long_hair_bear
January 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I was browsing around the interwebs when I happened upon these Hair Twisters.
They are basically spiraled metal that you twist your hair around to make it look like your hair is inside the twist. I don,t know how to put it any other way!
I had found one when I was a kid and I still have it (lol) but I had been looking for others, and I found them!
You can have mini ones for small sections of hair, or ponytail ones (up to 20 inches)! They're gorgeous and exotic looking, and I want one!!

This is the website:
http://www.hairtwisters.com/

Enjoy!

Those are really neat and beautiful. I'd be worried about them getting caught in my hair, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying one. :D

AspenSong
January 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Those look SO cool! Dang it!! Something else I want and have no money for...lol :bigeyes:

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
They look great.

manderly
January 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM
There was a thread about these a loooong time back. It may have even been the old board pre-crash. They were neat, several members had them and shared pics :)

heidihug
January 7th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I have two - they're really pretty in my hair; you have to take care when removing them to avoid tangles. They work best for me with a braid. I have a picture in my hair album.

Diamond.Eyes
January 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Those look pretty awesome :p! I could see myself incorporating the big ones into my everyday wear or wearing a mini one to a renaissance fair. They are a little bit out of my price range though. :(

Long_hair_bear
January 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Those look pretty awesome :p! I could see myself incorporating the big ones into my everyday wear or wearing a mini one to a renaissance fair. They are a little bit out of my price range though. :(

I freakin love our hair diamond eyes!

Dark Rapunzel
January 7th, 2012, 08:16 PM
There was a thread about these a loooong time back. It may have even been the old board pre-crash. They were neat, several members had them and shared pics :)
oops...I looked around and there didn't seem to be anything. Sorry!

Lostsoule77
January 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Those are pretty cool. My neighbor gets them at the renaissance fair. Unfortunately they don't make them long enough for me. :shrug: They look really pretty in shorter hair though.

elfgirl
January 7th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I've tried these at the booth at the renn faire, and also at Dickens fair. I love them, but have yet to get some ;) Part of me wants to get the thick ponytail one :p

ladonna
January 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I like the hair armor and hooks. They make me wish that I was more daring with my hairstyles.

battles
January 7th, 2012, 09:40 PM
These are so pretty! I really want one when my hair is longer.

heidihug
January 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
The longest one is plenty long enough for hair up to 50", I'd say, maybe longer. You can stretch them and reshape so they fit any thickness or length ponytail or braid.

Lostsoule77
January 7th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Hadn't thought of that. I kind of like when they go most of the way down the hair and the longest ones are only 20". Stretching them just might work though. I might give it a try if/when I have extra funds. Thanks. :)

Diamond.Eyes
January 7th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I freakin love our hair diamond eyes!
Sorry for the late reply :oops:! But thank you so much! That's really sweet! :)

Charlotte:)
January 7th, 2012, 11:10 PM
WANT :face:

Charlotte:)
January 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Those are pretty cool. My neighbor gets them at the renaissance fair. Unfortunately they don't make them long enough for me. :shrug: They look really pretty in shorter hair though.

Perhaps you could buy two and hook the second one on the bottom loop of the top one?

Freckled.Thing
January 8th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I got a mini one at a ren fair when I was a kid. It's pretty but I never wear it.

blondecat
January 8th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I've got one, its the large/ long, goes quite nicely if my hair is braid waved and I want to contain it.

Be carefull if wearing long earings.............. Ouch.

I found mine at a Saddel [Horse] accesories shop.

heidihug
January 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I'm finally at a PC after only having my smartphone this weekend - this is my black Hair Twister with the silver Celtic hair hook at the top and the large charm with red beads at the bottom:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9147&pictureid=119248

Torrin Paige
January 9th, 2012, 08:30 AM
heidihug, that looks amazing! Now you have me wanting to get one for myself. :)

swearnsue
January 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
How do you get the hair into the spiral? I tried to view the videos on the site there but my computer can't really play videos very well. Does anyone have pictures of how a short 2" one can be used to keep the awkward growing-out-bangs out of the face?

heidihug
January 9th, 2012, 01:53 PM
No idea about the bangs thing, swearnsue, but to get your hair into the spiral...you hook the Twister to your elastic at the top, then grab your hair and twist it around the twister, if that makes sense. It sort of "self-inserts" into the openings all the way down. That's why I like to have it in a braid, already, because it's easier on my hair and is quicker to twist it in.

Macaroni
January 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Wow, thanks!

manderly
January 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
oops...I looked around and there didn't seem to be anything. Sorry!

Oh no - don't worry. I think they may have been on the OLD LHC that crashed :D

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Heidihug that looks really good! Thank you for showing us. :)

danivdp
January 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
How cool......Not my style, but i can totally see them being popular at ren fairs~~

swearnsue
January 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Thank you Heidihug, now that you explain it I can see how it works. I don't think it would help with the growing-out-pixie-bangs phase though. *sign*

rags
January 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I have both the small and a ponytail one of these. The small one would not stay in my slippery hair for long no matter what I tried. The ponytail one, however, I love! I think I have a pic somewhere of it on my PC (on the iPad right now).

Here's the other thread - I started it. :p.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27224

Long_hair_bear
May 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm working on getting one with a purple bead charm. :-)

jlb
May 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
shoot, i'm not supposed to buy any more hair stuff but I think I need the silver wildflower twister. When's my birthday?

summergreen
May 14th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I love these, have seen them in a shop and was very tempted! That website has some beautiful stuff - love the ear wraps!

LaFlor
June 7th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Just found these online... so pretty! Did anyone actually buy one?

Long_hair_bear
June 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/3886a256.jpg

Just bought this at the Celtic fling festival! Now everyone can see a recent length shot too! The one in my avatar is from last September! :)

Oh and I realize the hook is supposed to go behind the pony, but I was in a hurry for a pic! Lol

Sylvestrix
June 24th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Eee, I used to have something like this my uncle made for me when I was just a little thing... back in the days of knee-length glory -wistful sigh-
I may have to get hold of one again, though I can't seem to find a source on my side of the pond! Hmm...I may have to fashion something! To the workshop! These are definitely going on the list of things to do, alongside my never-quite-beginning quest to make myself a fork :o

Long_hair_bear
June 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Eee, I used to have something like this my uncle made for me when I was just a little thing... back in the days of knee-length glory -wistful sigh-
I may have to get hold of one again, though I can't seem to find a source on my side of the pond! Hmm...I may have to fashion something! To the workshop! These are definitely going on the list of things to do, alongside my never-quite-beginning quest to make myself a fork :o

Says they international ship! :)

http://www.hairtwisters.com/info.html

Sylvestrix
June 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Says they international ship! :)

http://www.hairtwisters.com/info.html

I saw that too! Its just the vat and customs duty that irks me- although I should probably be grateful as it stops me from going on crazy international spending sprees xD I may have to indulge all the same, I'm having a major nostalgic craving now!

Cinnamoon
June 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM
So pretty! I can't imagine these being that hard to make yourself, really... Maybe I'll mess around with wire a bit tonight and see what I can come up with.

ETA: I did, and it looks just about like theirs. Super easy, took maybe ten minutes - all you need is some thick wire and something to coil it around.

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
So pretty! I can't imagine these being that hard to make yourself, really... Maybe I'll mess around with wire a bit tonight and see what I can come up with.

ETA: I did, and it looks just about like theirs. Super easy, took maybe ten minutes - all you need is some thick wire and something to coil it around.

So when can we start placing orders with you? ;)

kaydana
June 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM

How thick was the wire you used and what type of metal is it?