PDA

View Full Version : noticing different hair typing....

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
since stopping smoking! my hair has always been baby fine, all my life. Yet i stopped smoking 7 weeks ago and my roots about 1/8th inch stand up, like volume like but when examining closely they are actually thicker. I know new growth feels thicker, courser and kind of fines it self out as it gets longer but this is different a lot thicker strands!

Goes to show! anybody else notice better quality hair after stopping smoking? please share!

moon2dove
January 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on stopping smoking! :)

I stopped 4yrs ago (best thing I ever did) and no, I didn't notice any difference at the time, but then, I was blow drying and straightening nearly every day!!
Also, I think that's probably about the time I had symptoms that were related to my Thyroid I didn't realize I had! :(

rocket_surgeon
January 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
My baby hairs got a bit longer after I quit. Hairs that had historically been down to my cheekbones grew down to my chin... and promptly stalled there. :o

It's hard to tell, because I started reading hair forums at around the same time I stopped smoking. Part of the difference could just be better hair and scalp care for me.

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Congratulations on stopping smoking! :)

I stopped 4yrs ago (best thing I ever did) and no, I didn't notice any difference at the time, but then, I was blow drying and straightening nearly every day!!
Also, I think that's probably about the time I had symptoms that were related to my Thyroid I didn't realize I had! :( you may have hit on something there, I have hypothyroidism I wonder if the combination of stopping smoking has not only helped with giving my scalp more oxygen=better quality growth but has helped with my thyroid, like smoking speeds up metabolism, thyroxine regulates metabolism. cheers!

My baby hairs got a bit longer after I quit. Hairs that had historically been down to my cheekbones grew down to my chin... and promptly stalled there. :o

It's hard to tell, because I started reading hair forums at around the same time I stopped smoking. Part of the difference could just be better hair and scalp care for me.
You will see lots of positive changes by adopting better routines; in the 4.5 years ive been a member i certainly have. Its hard to explain really its my new growth which feels sort of more volumised at the roots, if that makes sense!