PDA

View Full Version : How come my head itches when my hair grows?

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm hoping I'm not the only person on earth that does this? Whenever my head itches means my hair is growing. It did it the last time my hair had a big growth spurt that was this summer. I haven't changed any products. My danderuff is almost gone.

pepperminttea
January 7th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Could it be that by scratching it you're stimulating more blood flow to your scalp (like a scalp massage)? So instead of growth leading to scratching, it's the other way round? :)

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I always think this too, glad its not just me!

novemberfoxtrot
January 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I don't have this problem on my head but definitely in other areas.... armpits for one.

Avital88
January 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM
true true! i feel the same :)

lapushka
January 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Are you guys serious? So what if your scalp doesn't itch, it means your hair's not growing? :p

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I think its psychological to be honest but my itchiest times are my growth spurts!

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Same with me growth spurts makes mine itch more.

akilina
January 7th, 2012, 07:01 PM
im pretty much sure that is all psychological really.
sometimes my scalp feels tingly and i like to tell myself that is how it feels when its growing.
either way maybe you are psychologically promoting growth! :)

julliams
January 8th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I know when my hair is growing in after epillating on my legs, it's agony - super itchy!!! I used to feel that I could feel my hair growing and it was a kind of itching sensation. So yes, I think I have the same thing.

Aredhel77
January 8th, 2012, 03:35 AM
My scalp sometimes feels tender and itchy during a growth spurt. Almost sore, but not quite. Hard to explain, but I've noticed this before too (and I don't tend to pay attention to what my hair's doing a lot of the time, so I know in my case it's not because I'm obsessing/getting excited about growth :lol:)

On an aside, I seem to suffer from itchy scalp generally these days - which is annoying - but the 'growth spurt' episodes did seem different :flower:

Aredhel77
January 8th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Are you guys serious? So what if your scalp doesn't itch, it means your hair's not growing? :p

I doubt it means that. I think hair just does its thing ;). But on occasion, I personally have noticed a different 'sensation' when my hair is going through a 'spurt'

ETA: Ah, just saw your :tongue: smiley. You were being tongue-in-cheek. I answered in all seriousness LOL

WinterButterfly
January 8th, 2012, 04:09 AM
mine itches when i get a lot of roots poking up. but i think that it is because of the difference in texture. my dyed hair is a little thicker and slightly rougher (and easer to manage. doesnt just slip out of hair ties!) well, i hope you are gettin a hair growth spurt and that it doesnt drive your scalp crazy!

Purdy Bear
January 8th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Yep it itches like crazy. As an Alopecian who goes through the above average fall out and regrowth cycles at the moment it drives me potty.

Bene
January 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wait. Hair grows all the time. Even if one strand is at a waiting state, their are others growing. So, does this mean that your head itches all the time?

white.chocolate
January 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
This doesn't happen to me. I don't know why it happens to a few people here.

blondie9912
January 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I trimmed my hair yesterday and my scalp is incredibly itchy today...bring on the growth .:D

jojo
January 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
]My scalp sometimes feels tender and itchy during a growth spurt. Almost sore, but not quite[/B]. Hard to explain, but I've noticed this before too (and I don't tend to pay attention to what my hair's doing a lot of the time, so I know in my case it's not because I'm obsessing/getting excited about growth :lol:)

On an aside, I seem to suffer from itchy scalp generally these days - which is annoying - but the 'growth spurt' episodes did seem different :flower:

me too in fact the last few weeks ive had this, not sore but sort of irritating and itchy.