PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail :D

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM
After a previous thread I posted about going to school with a ponytail, I'm glad to say, I DID IT!!

After building up my confidence, willing to take all the jibes people would throw my way, I put my hair into a decent ponytail and made my way to school.

LOTS of people were pulling it, and saying "I love your hair David" in a sarcastic tone, which got a bit annoying but I learnt to just ignore it.

Thanks to all the people that helped, now I can be on my way to receiving minimal damage to my hair as it grows longer :)

Renate
January 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Congratulations!! =D

But I find it weird people pull your ponytail. Long haired guys here are always in a low ponytail and no one mocks them.

There is a guy on campus who even wears little braids because he dresses like a pirate everyday. (oh, Psychology..)

Hollyfire3
January 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
That takes alot of courage! Dont listen to what people say about you being a guy with long hair, love it own it embrace! Then maybe they'll get the hint...they are wrong. :D

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I guess it's because i'm rather timid, people know I won't do anything about it :s

darkrose
January 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
People are stupid too say those things, and in your profile pic your hair looks great! :) congratulations.

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you! :D My hair is a bit longer than my profile picture now, aswell as in the process of growing out black hair dye. Looks so weird :?

Renate
January 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I guess it's because i'm rather timid, people know I won't do anything about it :s

They will stop doing it when they see you don't react angrily and don't get upset :)

ericthegreat
January 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
That takes a lot of balls, to stand up to all the kids who were teasing you. I'm glad to know that you stayed strong and wore your ponytail with pride. Rock on man! :rockerdud

spike316
January 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I was made fun of a lot in Junior High, and it was terrible. I was borderline suicidal at one point, until I got into high school and realized that in the new school I had more friends than the people who were making fun of me (oh I wonder why! lol). But the thing that really helped is keeping in mind that they probably don't realize how much what they say affects people, and in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't have to deal with them for very long. ^_^

gthlvrmx
January 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
congrats! im glad you did it, guys with pony tails are the best :p

Siiri
January 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Good for you :)

snowfaery
January 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Congrats. Guys with long well taken care of hair are hot, and they will stop once they see you don't respond to their teasing.

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ahahaha, yea I LOVE putting my hair in a ponytail, I just love how it looks on me, I also had some of my friends saying that it made me look shorter, I don't know how that works :rolleyes:

Sushi144
January 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ah, teenagers are so mean... Hold on ! Only two years to go and no one will make fun of your long hair !
Believe a former bullied girl, it really gets better. :)

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks to me not following the crowd for practically my entire life, I've learnt to deal with most of the name calling and such, I'm starting to get quite popular because of it actually haha

StormVixen
January 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Go you! :D

keep ignoring the negative comments (a lot of people revolve around negativity and they are those who tend to loose track of their own lives whilst concentrating on bringing others down with them...) don't let them win... fly high above them...

:silly::rockerdud

PurusNox
January 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys for all the support, next step is when my hair gets long enough to do a decent braid, and go to school like that haha

shikara
January 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM
That takes alot of courage! Dont listen to what people say about you being a guy with long hair, love it own it embrace! Then maybe they'll get the hint...they are wrong. :D

I agree with this plus all the other wonderful posts here!! Congratulations! Im really happy for you that you can now take care of your hair the way you want to!!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_44053aa6.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=44053aa6.jpg)

Curly Hermione
January 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yay! Well done. :)

Dutchesse
January 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Don't mind the others when you feel you look great yourself! Usually you actually look good when you feel like you look good. And a ponytail is certainly a handy style when going to school with your backpack and all that...

As for the braid, french braiding helps it looking good at shorter lengths as well. Just don't start very high so it kind of looks like a normal braid, except it seems longer because you have more "bumps". Good luck!

Long_hair_bear
January 7th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks to me not following the crowd for practically my entire life, I've learnt to deal with most of the name calling and such, I'm starting to get quite popular because of it actually haha

I dunno, I personally feel that most guys are a lot hotter with long hair. I'm a big lord of the rings nerd though, so long hair on guys is attractive to me. :D

moon2dove
January 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Good for you. They'll stop with jibes when they get used to you with a pony tail :)

My son has long hair (he's nearly 16) so I know what your going through! As I told him, it's his hair, he can wear it how he wants. :)

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the pony tail to heck with the negative people.

goldenmoments
January 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Keep it up!

PixxieStix
January 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ignore their petty minded comments and carry on proudly, it seems you are doing things for YOU and what YOU like, which honestly probably has many who do stuff just to conform feel unhappy and like the cheated themselves, where you are doing what makes you happy and saying "Whatever" to all they naysayers. Congratulations on the pony tail!

My fiance and I met my first semester of college, and he had gorgeous waist length long hair at the time. *sighs dreamily* always wore it in a ponytail until I got a hold of him and did fishtail braids all the time. :D We're currently growing out our hair together.

summerjade
January 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
They are probably envious of your nice long hair....just keep doing what you are doing and they will get used to it. You are very courageous and admireable for being your own person and doing what you want to do dispite the teasing. You are a cool guy!

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
good for you, you carry that pony with your head held high!

elfgirl
January 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Always do what you feel is right, what you love, and what you enjoy. These little rules apply to all aspects of life, especially hair! :D I'm happy for you! :)

SwordWomanRiona
January 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Congratulations!! :D Well done! Stupid people aren't worth anything, so forget about them. Back in school, a lot of people used to make fun of me too, because of my long hair amid other things, and I know they put a lot of unfair pressure on people, but, really, I feel much better by not conforming to their prejudiced unfair ideas and conventions.
People really need to get rid of the stupid patriarchal idea that says that men ought to wear their hair short. Rubbish!! People have the right to do what they like with their own hair!! I personally tend to love long hair on guys. Maybe it's because I'm such a Tolkien fan and favour the Elves :)

boomtownrat
January 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I didn't see the previous thread, but I'm glad to hear it! :)

SwordWomanRiona
January 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
They are probably envious of your nice long hair....just keep doing what you are doing and they will get used to it. You are very courageous and admireable for being your own person and doing what you want to do dispite the teasing. You are a cool guy!

I agree. It's great to be able to assert oneself, keep it up!! :D

Renate
January 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Congratulations!! :D Well done! Stupid people aren't worth anything, so forget about them. Back in school, a lot of people used to make fun of me too, because of my long hair amid other things, and I know they put a lot of unfair pressure on people, but, really, I feel much better by not conforming to their prejudiced unfair ideas and conventions.
People really need to get rid of the stupid patriarchal idea that says that men ought to wear their hair short. Rubbish!! People have the right to do what they like with their own hair!! I personally tend to love long hair on guys. Maybe it's because I'm such a Tolkien fan and favour the Elves :)

YEAH SCREW GENDER NORMS :steam:guns:

I'm guessing your friends aren't into the same music you are, are they?

jojo
January 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
am i the only one who keeps looking for the like button?? some brilliant replies!

teal
January 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Great! If you keep wearing it like that people will get used to it and before long no one will notice. I bet when you get around to braiding it, it won't be as big a deal because you've already set precedent with the pony tail. :)

Hamh
January 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good on you! I personally think pony tails on men look good, nothing girlie about it as far as I can see - there are plenty of rockers out there to back this up too!!!

Do what you want with your hair, its yours. Ignore any immature comments they will fade when they realise they get no reaction :)

PennyLaneDream
January 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Go you! I love long hair on guys also, maybe from watching/reading so much lord of the rings :p Besides if anyone says long hair is girlie on guys (it's not) just look at khal drogo from Game of Thrones!!

battles
January 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Congrats! There's no reason to listen to anyone else about your hair. :)

KwaveT
January 7th, 2012, 05:10 PM
If there is one thing I know about it is bullying. I got relentlessly bullied form grades K-10. It didn't really stop until I was a upperclassmen (Junior/Senior). I always get picked on because I was not into girls. I was not only not into them but was a little intimidated by them. It was hard for them to crack my fear shell. I have still never had a girlfriend in my life and I am 35. I prefer friendships with women over men now so a lot has changed. Bullying from my peers played a large role in that. I learned to tune out bullying and quite reacting to them and they finally got bored of it. I have always been different. If I had been brave enough to face my parents I may have considered growing my hair as a teenager. My parents have always believed in staying inside all norms rather than being your own person.

Amber_Maiden
January 7th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Good for you! Ignore those idiots!

Baileygirl
January 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Nothing wrong with a ponytail on a guy.

novemberfoxtrot
January 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
am i the only one who keeps looking for the like button?? some brilliant replies!

Like!

ten characters

david
January 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Congrats on the ponytail. I remember the first time I wore a ponytail in public around people I knew, it was pretty nerve wrecking. I didn't get the pulling thing. But I did find that girls gave me more attention and asked to plait it etc.lol. All, the negative people will be really jealous if that happens.lol

Sushi144
January 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM

Epic win ! :D

long&blonde
January 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Congragulations on your courage. Kids can be soo mean to other kids. That fact is one of my favorite parts of being decades older! Hold your head high,even if you don't feel all that confident yet. Fake it til you make it. Your detractors will see your courage & strength & become your admirers.

CrunchyMama
January 7th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Kudos to confidence! And no worries--I know lots of guys who wear their long hair in low ponytails--in fact I think most of them wear it that way MOST of the time!! :)

Egana
January 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM
...looking at an old wedding photo of me and my favorite person...

...he's sporting a low ponytail for the ceremony...

...looks awesome...

SoulOfTheSea
January 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Yay! Congrats! :) I know how hard it is to do something different at school when you are used to always doing one thing. For instance, I never wore my long skirts in high school, and now in college I just wore one the first day of class and now it's normal for me.

You had a lot of guts, and it will pay off because now you can do it every day! Congrats once again. :D

luxepiggy
January 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Good for you! Guys with ponytails are hot. Two thumbs up from piggy b(^(oo)^)d

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
That is great! Many men with longer hair wear it in a ponytail. I think it is quite attractive.

Good for you not letting your class mates get you down. You are lucky to be able to be your own person in high school and still be happy with yourself. There are so many teens who can't and that's sad really. Self confidence is a great thing and really helps in life. For you to know that so young can take you far if you let it. :D

Keep your head up and enjoy that ponytail. :)