PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about pin curls?

darkrose
January 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'm going to try them again. Last time I didn't realise you had to brush them out and it looked awful. :/ so I have a few questions, how do you brush them out? Back when I used to torture my hair, I did curls using heat and when I brushed those they just fell out. Also how long will pin curls last? Will I have to put pins in my hair everynight to keep the style? I really want hair simerler to dita von teese, that's the sort of style I'm hoping to achieve with pin curls.

Hollyfire3
January 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm going to try them again. Last time I didn't realise you had to brush them out and it looked awful. :/ so I have a few questions, how do you brush them out? Back when I used to torture my hair, I did curls using heat and when I brushed those they just fell out. Also how long will pin curls last? Will I have to put pins in my hair everynight to keep the style? I really want hair simerler to dita von teese, that's the sort of style I'm hoping to achieve with pin curls.

Ok, so when you brush out the curls, only do it once (so they dont fall out) brush them so they curl back up around your hand as you do so. They will last longer if you put some sort of product in while your hair is damp, before you set them (mousse, gel, holding cream) They are also diffent then heat styled curls because your hair dries this way, it has formed to the curl, not been forced to hold it from high heat. The pin curls should last for about 2-3 days, depending on hair texture naturally. But, without some resetting (maybe sleep with the pins in on the second day) they will loosen to waves. I googled Dita Von Teese, very pretty hair, is your hair that short though? If not, the curls might be weighed down depending on your hair thickness. You are just going to have to experiment again to see what works. Use a product before setting, make sure the curls are completly dry, brush once and carefully, reset to revive curls on 2nd day. You can also put your hair up at night in a cap of something to keep the curls. Good luck!:D

darkrose
January 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
@hollyfire3 my hair is not that short, it's a cm past BSL. Thanks for the tips!!!! :) they are really helpful.