PDA

View Full Version : caught on a doorknob

WinterButterfly
January 7th, 2012, 03:09 AM
so for the second time this week I got caught on the doorknob. in my home there is an enteryway. the door on the right leads to the bedroom, the one on the left towards the rest of the house. a few days ago, as i am walking towards my room, i bend down to pet the cat. then i find myself stuck. Just then my husband walks out of the room to see me stuck to the doorknob. took me a little bit to get free.
then during the day (yesterday? its 4 am now) i went to get food for the cat. as i am heading towards my room (have to keep the food there so fat kitties don't overeat) i get caught on the doorknob again. husband then walks by to see me stuck again.
the funny thing is that i usually have my hair up. I cant imagine all the things i would get stuck to if i wore it down all day. (I got cought on a fence about 2 weeks ago when my hair was in a pony tail. I couldn't find enough ties to keep it in a bun. my cats are hair toy theifs)
so the moral of the story is: don't give the cats attention wile your hair is down.

sorry about any bad spelling. it is just after 4am. and i was never the champion at the spelling b.

Rhodugune
January 7th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I have three cats, so thanks for the warning! :D
Thank you for sharing your hair experience, it's quite fun that it happen twice, made me giggle.

piffyanne
January 7th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I can only imagine what DBF would do if I was stuck to a doorknob every time he walked into a room! :D

My chest of drawers is in a bad spot in my room, and the handles of the drawers always catch on my clothing and hair when I try to squeeze my way past it (it's narrow in my room at that spot. Way to go, architects!) to exit my room. It was worse than usual yesterday morning: I've got a new rip in my jeans (who even knew jeans could rip?!) I'm just glad I was wearing jeans, though. If I were in something thinner, or pyjamas, I would have a nice hole in my leg, instead! shudder:

Oh, well. I suppose it's good practice for you to figure out how to navigate with your long hair out, in case, in the Zombie Apocalypse or Computer Uprising, the humans confiscate all the hairties in order to create giant slingshots?;)

skyblue
January 7th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Piffyanne quote: Oh, well. I suppose it's good practice for you to figure out how to navigate with your long hair out, in case, in the Zombie Apocalypse or Computer Uprising, the humans confiscate all the hairties in order to create giant slingshots?

I was taking a sip of coffee when I hit this part lol!!! So in this case learning knot buns would be essential hehehe!!

WinterButterfly
January 8th, 2012, 03:11 AM
zombie apocolipse = big chop for me. i was discussing this yesterday with my husband. I dont want the undead to be able to get me because of my hair. it will be bad enough when i have to trip someone to draw the zombies attention away from me. but till the zombie uprising i will keep my hair. though the cats conspire against me.
:)

fridgee
January 8th, 2012, 06:17 AM
zombie apocolipse = big chop for me. i was discussing this yesterday with my husband. I dont want the undead to be able to get me because of my hair. it will be bad enough when i have to trip someone to draw the zombies attention away from me. but till the zombie uprising i will keep my hair. though the cats conspire against me.

I love the fact you've actually thought about what you would do in this circumstance and discussed your wishes with loved ones...that's preparedness for you! :D

Amber_Maiden
January 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I have a problem with door hinges- Always getting caught. :(

Darkessa
January 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM

I wouldnt even cut my hair in the Zombie Apocalypse. Id go straight to Costco, hole up there, and make sure to SHOOT anyone who had even a scratch...
In regards to my hair, id just keep it growing. :D Although be careful of course.

Bene
January 8th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I've never had that happen to me and I'm having trouble picturing getting caught on a doorknob. Most doorknobs are relatively smooth, so what is there to get caught/snagged on?

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, but I actually find this pretty funny! I can only imagine the comments I'd get from my DH if this were to happen to me. I've had my cats steal a couple hair ties, but I generally keep them hidden from them. :D Lucky for me I can do a bun with nothing and have plenty of hair sticks even if I didn't. You should look into the knot bun and aquire a hair stick or pencil or something. :)

As for the Zombie Apocalypse, I really hadn't thought about that. You guys are really prepared for the future. :D I'm glad this place is around to teach me so many easy, quick buns so when it does come I'll have the option of keeping my long hair and having weapons always on me no matter what. Gotta love hair sticks!

Tabitha
January 8th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I got my hair caught on a door handle a few times - the door to my bedroom. Very painful!

I realised it was actually the space where the handle fitted onto the plate which was snagging my hair and causing a few single hairs to become trapped, so I've tied a ribbon round it to cover that junction, and had no more problems since.

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I could see my male friend putting silly putty on a door knob so when I get caught on one I will be stuck there.

KwaveT
January 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I got my hair caught on a door handle a few times - the door to my bedroom. Very painful!

I realised it was actually the space where the handle fitted onto the plate which was snagging my hair and causing a few single hairs to become trapped, so I've tied a ribbon round it to cover that junction, and had no more problems since.

That sounds like something I would do in that situation. I am very practical. If I see something going after my hair or nails I put an end to it if I can. It would be a goal to get hair long enough to start having these kind of problems.

piffyanne
January 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
The zombie apocalypse is important to plan haircare for ahead of time, and we long-hairs should stay informed. Off to start a thread about it. See you soon!

Autumn
January 10th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets hair caught in the doorknob!

Tabitha- I like your ribbon idea. I'll have to try that. Thanks.:D