PDA

View Full Version : Cute idea for Christmas 2012

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Assuming the world doesn't end and we don't all forget my idea by then, I just now came up with a seriously cute idea or hair sticks. I was reading a hair stick thread and happened to look over at my nightstand, which still has a wrapped candy cane on it. I thought it would make a very cute hair stick. Thoughts?

Hollyfire3
January 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Not sure it would be sharp enough to go through a bun..maybe if you file it down to a point? But then the wrapping might come off and it might get sticky....you can, unwrap the candy cane file to shape then rewrap carefully with cling wrap? I know, alot of work but it would be worth it cause that is an AWSOME idea!

goldenmoments
January 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Oh....as Santa's resident elf in our household, I will have to try this next year

Seeshami
January 6th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Depending on the glue you can preserve candy, I am sure you could unwrap a candy cane and seal it. A glass blower could make some, you could make some out of polymer clay. Or you could always use the pens they make in the shape of candy canes.

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM
It doesn't need to be sharp for me cause I usually use hair sticks for Chinese buns, where you just slip it in right behind your ponytail. ;)

Kira94
January 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM
That's an awesome idea! Though I think I'll use a fake one. I'll have to snag one off my grandparents tree next year. ;)

ktno1
January 7th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Very cute idea! I'm determined to have enough hair by Christmas to participate!