PDA

View Full Version : Impending Hair Appointment

AnqeIicDemise
January 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
And I shall share once its done!

I'm tired of not having help to reach the back of my head and bleach the roots of my faded streaks so I'm going to be using my company discount to get my hair did. I really miss my Black/Purple combo although everyone loves the henna-pink (the red yes, it is henna but it is *bleached out* henna). I'll post pictures once its done. WooOt!

;)

battles
January 6th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Have fun getting your hair did. :p

CarpeDM
January 6th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Good luck!

pepperminttea
January 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Whenever I read the word "impending," I always want to add the word "doom." Hopefully you'll have more luck than that though! ;)

Kyla
January 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Can't wait for pics! :)

Kira94
January 7th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Ooh, can't wait to see! :D

AnqeIicDemise
January 7th, 2012, 09:40 PM
** UPDATE** :D Alrightie!

So, I had tried to make this same appointment yesterday and was sad to find out I had to give my spot up for a paying customer. (Hey, it makes sense. Peeps gotta make a living, you know? )

color me surprised when I found out I had booked the appointment for the *wrong day* and my appointment was still in place. I totally changed the time for a little earlier in the day so I could go straight from work.

I am glad that I did. My hair is *long* (by salon standards. By LHC standards I'm still a toddler.), thick and stubborn. She had to extend our appointment to make it work because my hair was refusing to be bleached.

First off, she only touched the roots for bleaching -- that was a good foot or so of virgin growth. Since we couldn't go super bright with the purple because Alice didn't want to damage my ends, we decided to match the roots with the stripped henna. (I love the fact that she totally took my hair length goals into consideration here. She thinks I'm a bit crazy, but she's totally supportive.) We went for a deep red plum in a somewhat reverse foil.

Well, more of a reverse balayage since there was no foil involved and the color was totally painted on. I goes from a rose wine to a plum and the top half of my hair was left completely untouched.

She respected my goals and my idea then put it into a nice little sophisticated package. *This* is what a true professional does. I am beyond thrilled.

Once the color was completely dry (Alice even went as far as to dry my hair on the cool setting), she timidly asked if she could curl my hair. I told her since I didn't heat style often she was more then welcomed to. A once in a blue moon, heated touch won't kill my hair, now will it?

After she was done, we had the following snippit:

A: Wow... you know, I am really envious of your hair right now. Its so long and shiny.
M: -beam- Thank you.
A: It kind of looks like K-gal's waves.
M: No, better, really. I mean, I know its her hair and all but that's because she pays for it.
A: Yup. You're all 'home grown'.

I did want to go a bit brighter but the salon was closing, so I let it be.

AnqeIicDemise
January 7th, 2012, 09:46 PM
And now, Results!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7746&pictureid=123037

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7746&pictureid=123038

The color's a lot more vibrant and redder. The light in the bathroom is horrible but the best I could do at the moment.

uptosomeone
January 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
WOW. It's looks so amazing!!

Freckled.Thing
January 7th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Wow! :thudpile: You have absolutely amazing hair!
I love the color too. I wish the photo could do it justice. I would love to see how it looks in person. :D

CarpeDM
January 8th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Gorgeous hair!

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous and that coloring came out really nice! Could we entice you to take a picture in the sun? :puppy: I never realized how long your hair is!

Amber_Maiden
January 8th, 2012, 09:57 AM
WOW! Gorgeous!!

Charybdis
January 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
So pretty! Glad you have a great stylist who respects your goals.

Kira94
January 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! And the color is beautiful! :)

Alvrodul
January 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Your hair looks totally stunning! :thudpile:
And your stylist really is a rare treasure!

AnqeIicDemise
January 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous and that coloring came out really nice! Could we entice you to take a picture in the sun? :puppy: I never realized how long your hair is!

If and when the sun comes out, I sure will. Right now its just too overcast (as it is almost every day. -le sigh-).

Hopefully I can catch a bit of sunshine today when I go grocery shopping. I hope I do.

cheetahfast
January 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
It looks very nice!!

I like the streak! :)

blondie9912
January 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Wow the colour looks beautiful! So rich and mysterious :)

newbeginning
January 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Your hair is so beautiful.

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I like your hair its lovely and the color is fabulous.

amantha
January 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Your hair looks beautiful!! I love the color combo.