PDA

View Full Version : When to use a Bbb?

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hey all! :grouphug:

I just bought my Bbb yesterday and am at the moment kinda staring at it. I'm not sure when to use it. Oh I know you're supposed to detangle your hair first and everything, but when do you chappies use it? Morning? Night? The morning after you oil? Every day?

Thanks a lot! :cool:

white.chocolate
January 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I don't use a BBB, so I am unable to give you any information on it. But I remembered this article, which could be useful if you haven't read it yet:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=210

Madora
January 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hey all! :grouphug:

I just bought my Bbb yesterday and am at the moment kinda staring at it. I'm not sure when to use it. Oh I know you're supposed to detangle your hair first and everything, but when do you chappies use it? Morning? Night? The morning after you oil? Every day?

Thanks a lot! :cool:

Per Dr. George Michael, the best time to use your brush is in the morning, when you first get up. It has something to do with your circulation being at its best at that time.

How you brush will determine the overall health and beauty of your hair. Always be sure to detangle your hair gently - with a wide tooth comb - and start from the ends and work gently up to the roots.

How many strokes per day you want to do is a matter of personal preference. The thing is to be consistent..do the same number each day.

To decrease static when brushing, after each swipe of your brush, follow it with the palm of your other hand. This cuts down on the static engendered by the brushing.

Be sure to remove all hairs from your brush after you use it and keep it squeaky clean.

Your brush not only exercises your hair follicles, but removes dead hair cells, lint/dust from your hair, and over time imparts softness and a lovely luster to your locks.

I brush every day - 100 strokes -in the bent at the waist position - and have been doing it for decades. My hair was very thick back in the day, but now is only moderately so. Hair texture is on the fine side, but not extremely so.

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 11:30 AM
This Bbb feel awesome to me, my hair, and my scalp!!!! :D for those who want to know, it's a firstline evolve styling brush Bbb. $3 at Walmart :D

PrairieRose
January 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
This Bbb feel awesome to me, my hair, and my scalp!!!! :D for those who want to know, it's a firstline evolve styling brush Bbb. $3 at Walmart :D

That is so funny! I was debating ordering a BBB, but I was too impatient. Anyways I was standing in Walmart eying up the BBB's and I ended up buying the exact same brush! Unfortunately it is a little to hard on my fine hair, so I did have to try a softer one.
I use mine in the morning and night.

Madora
January 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Congrats, Long_hair_bear! It looks like a nice brush.

Darkessa
January 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I use mine every day, primarily right before bed.
I put my hair up in a bun on top of my head, I like to call it a fan bun... (Apparently its adorable....)
ANYWAY
I flip my head upside down then use my Tangle Teezer to comb my hair straight towards the tippy top of my head, I follow that with my BBB and then finger comb. Then the fan bun, and off to bed!
I will also periodically use it throughout the day if I notice a nice buildup thing of my oilyness. But yes, be SURE to detangle first.
Happy Brushing!