PDA

View Full Version : Tugging out hair in shower

SopphireGem
January 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Whenever I wash my hair, massaging the shampoo or conditioner in my hair, I always accidently tug some hairs out; is there any way to prevent this? Is this normal?

Madora
January 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
It is normal to lose hair in the shower. A lot depends on how you are using your fingerpads. Because hair is at its weakest when wet, you want to be extra gentle when massaging the shampoo into and thru your strands..ditto for the conditioner.

Before you get your hair wet, you might want to consider thoroughly combing it..or brushing it well, to get rid of any loose hair.

jacqueline101
January 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Its natural unless you start seeing bald areas.

spidermom
January 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I always lose hair when washing and conditioning, too. It's perfectly natural. Everybody sheds hair every day, and the manipulation of washing and conditioning help move them through the hair and out.

I roll the shed hairs up and stick them to the wall of the shower, then use a tissue to wipe them from the wall, then put the tissue into the garbage. Never flush them; they can cause clogs.

I do comb and brush before my shower, then do my best not to mess my hair all around while washing. I move my fingers in one direction only while massaging the shampoo solution over my scalp to prevent (minimize) tangling.

Amber_Maiden
January 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
It's normal. Just try to be more gentle with your hair.

ALongSummerWind
January 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I agree:)
Oh and I use a wide tooth comb only if I comb wet

feb26
January 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I hate this too..but yes, it's normal. I'd rather shed in the tub though cuz at least I can pick it up, wind it up, etc and make sure it eventually all ends up in the bin..rather than getting down on hands & knees & scraping it up off the floor! :p
I found the best way to minimize loss in the shower is to gently massage the shampoo in-DO NOT SCRUB YR HAIR. i also found switching to a shampoo bar to work better for me for controlling hair loss in the shower, as you get to determine exactly how much & where you want the shampoo to go.

KwaveT
January 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I soak the living daylights out of our bathroom floor but I wet my hair in shower and CO over the sink. I am dripping across the floor the whole time. At least I am not getting all those hairs going down the shower drain. I remove them if they land in bathroom sink. I remove very few hairs in shower now. I get water off the floor afterwards.

PixxieStix
January 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Yup, perfectly normal. Mine get plastered onto the shower wall, then balled up and tossed in the trash after the fact. I try to not let any get down the drain. My fiance and I are both growing our hair out together, and sometimes he forgets to take his out after his shower, silly boy. :P But gentle manipulation and detangling beforehand seems to help a lot in reducing shedding.

CrunchyMama
January 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I roll the shed hairs up and stick them to the wall of the shower, then use a tissue to wipe them from the wall, then put the tissue into the garbage. Never flush them; they can cause clogs.

You're kidding, spidermom! I've done this for years!! I hate unclogging the drain, and this way I have to unclog it far less often. I thought I was the only person crazy enough to do this... Occasionally I forget about it and DH freaks out when he gets in the shower--he calls it my monster.