PDA

View Full Version : Cut it off!

Mkay
January 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/5ewqki.jpg | http://i43.tinypic.com/vg7bsh.png
Before | After

I'm Mkay, Mikayla if you'd prefer a real name. I recently just cut off my lovely locks due to the fact that they were so terribly damaged they weren't growing healthily. When I would get out of the shower, my ends would already be dry! I want to regrow my hair to that length, but I want to keep it healthy. Twas the reason I joined, to get help! :P So, hello!

Odyssey
January 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the boards. I hope you find the help you want. General starters I've gathered for growing healthy is being gentle with your hair. No heat styling, chemical treatments, or harsh brushing. I hope what you have now is healthy, and provides a great base for growing.

princessp
January 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome to LHC!

inkd
January 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Have you tried oiling or deep conditioning? I'm Inkd, or Chelsea if YOU prefer a real name :3 Your hair is super pretty, are those curls natural?

Carissamarie08
January 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome! I'm carissa

Mkay
January 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone!

My before pictures' curls are helped a bit, considering when my hair is long it doesn't curl as well, but the after picture is all natural! Hmm, I've never tried either of those! Eee, I'm excited to learn all this awesome stuff!

inkd
January 6th, 2012, 02:59 PM
WHat is your ultimate goal? Back to waist?

inkd
January 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hey Carissa, are you still here?

Mkay
January 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yep! That's all I want. C:

inkd
January 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Well good luck. I know that girls our age have a hard time staying away from all those fun heating toys..haha. Must...resist... x)

Mkay
January 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/169ng5c.png

Thank you! I'm starting to get used to it, haha.

inkd
January 6th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Gahhhh I miss my straightener D,:

same_as
January 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Your hair has a really nice natural texture, I like how it curls at the ends.

Also, I had to ask, is the panda in your most recent picture from the game petz? The one from around the 90s, I mean.

Mkay
January 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you, and yes! Its still my favorite game! C:

justgreen
January 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I had that same problem with my hair, way back when I first joined here. My culprit was silicone in the conditioners I used and also loaded in Infusium 23. My hair would grow no longer than my bra strap. Once I learned how to clarify the cones off my hair, it started growing and I have very healthy ends, even getting highlights every 5 weeks.

Welcome to the boards!

Maktub
January 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Welcome here ! You have such pretty hair, curls and a sweet face ! Hope you enjoy LHC !

sfgirl
January 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Ooh, when I was 15 I had such trouble staying away from hairspray, layers, dying my hair crazy colors like pink, teasing, and straightening. Big, huge, teased, dyed, hair with short choppy layers was the ONLY look you could have at my school. Now that I'm in college every girl has an undercut, and it looks cute, but I keep telling myself it would be horrible to grow out, and I'm still growing out my bangs. Hair peer pressure is the WORST. Good luck!