PDA

View Full Version : One year of progress after scary shed

Sarah4983
January 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hello, it's me again with my one year update! I wanted to share good news :) My hair is finally long enough to put in a pony tail and I took a picture today and compared it to my circumference from a year ago after I had the shedding caused by untreated PCOS, (original thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65791)) and it is much better now! Hopefully will continue getting thicker. (and longer!!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3251&pictureid=122828
January 2011 and January 2012

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3251&pictureid=122829
Then and now :)

Odyssey
January 5th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I can't see the photos yet, but I still wanted to wish you congrats on your first pony! Good luck this year, I'm sure it'll be great.

aisha.christine
January 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Wow, it's much thicker. Congratulations. :) It looks very beautiful and healthy.
Happy Growing :D

WaitingSoLong
January 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
WOW that is like twice the thickness! LOOKS GREAT!

CarpeDM
January 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
That is awesome, CONGRATS!

Amber_Maiden
January 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Your hair is much thicker! Congrats and I hope it continues!

ingvild
January 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
That's amazing. I'm happy you found the cause of your shedding and are regaining your thickness! :)

jacqueline101
January 5th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Your hair is a lot thicker congrats on your good work.

blondie9912
January 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Ohh that's wonderful, congratulations!! What did you do to regain your thickness? I've had a pretty bad shed these past few months as well.

Sarah4983
January 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
(Hmmm... I don't know why the pics aren't opening for me.)

THANK YOU everyone!! :)

I came off the birth control pill for the first time in 8 years and my body went crazy! I had severe acne, hair loss, panic attacks, depression... I finally got diagnosed with PCOS after 6 months of hell... got on the right meds (spironolactone among other herbs like Vitex) and straightened out my hormones and the hair is finally growing back thicker.

It isn't nearly as thick as it was years ago before I came off the birth control pill, but maybe someday it will get there again.

Thank you everyone for your support. Losing my hair last year was a traumatic experience and was scary and your kind words helped so much.

BrightEyes
January 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Wow, your hair is so much thicker! That is awesome. Great job!:)

KahRistAhn
January 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
That's great! :) Congrats on the improvement!

jojo
January 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Brilliant progress, hope your feeling more positive

MonaLisa
January 5th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Wow! Actually...Think I was lurking, when you posted about your shedding and cutting back to shoulders....beginning of last year. I couldn't see pictures back then, but I really wished I could give you hugs too and say it will be ok.

And now I remember it was you, and sooo happy to see you doubled the thickness! Your hair looks healthy and great! Good job and happy growing! :flower:

Gingerbear
January 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Nice! It looks like you have a bunch of shorter hairs in the front that will be in your ponytail soon, making it even thicker!!! :)

CrunchyMama
January 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Wow, that's amazing progress! You must be feeling so much more "up"!

PixxieStix
January 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM
That is nothing short of amazing, congratulations to you on all accounts! I hope you see continued improvement to where you were before. Sending positive growth energy your way!

az_sweetie01
January 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I stumbled upon your story tonight and wanted to say how happy for you I am that things are getting better :flower:. What wonderful progress! Best wishes for continued success!

Sarah4983
January 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! <3 And yes, feeling much more positive about things now =)

lapushka
January 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
That looks great! Congratulations! :)

HintOfMint
January 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
It has gotten so much thicker! Congratulations on your recovery!

alyanna
January 6th, 2012, 03:20 PM
WOW!
Thanks so much for posting these pics. It's rare that we get to see clear pictures of hair that has gotten thicker. And yours is such an amazing improvement! Hope you can add a third picture next year, with even greater results ;)

You should be proud!

battles
January 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Wonderful progress! It's so much thicker. :)

Tuntenut
February 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Yay on the progress! Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I've lost half my hair in the past year due to PCO and been very upset about it. Seeing your amazing growth gives me hope.

B-L
February 7th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Wow that's much thicker!!!! Good for you!!! :D

Cupofmilk
February 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I am so pleased for you. I have pcos and I take metformin because of it as when I stop I get all the signs and symptoms you mentioned. Horrid thing Pcos. Your hair looks so much thicker - amazing growth has been going on!

janeytilllie
February 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Your hair is alot thicker and looks lovely.
Congratulations :)

turtlelover
February 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I struggle with PCOS and am trying different supplements, etc., to get everything under control. I am so happy you are doing better with yours! PCOS is a horrible thing to deal with.

I am currently trying a supplement called D Chiro Inositol that is supposed to help w/ the symptoms of PCOS. I've been on it since early January, and hoping for good results!

Amazinggrace
February 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
It looks great! That is wonderful thickness to gain in a year.

HelloKitteh
February 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on the progress!

Lost loads between Nov 2010 - March 2011, and still shedding more than normal - but there's regrowth since that time. I admire your courage to cut it all off :bow: - I couldn't get round to doing it and paying that with scraggly hair!

... straightened out my hormones and the hair is finally growing back thicker.

It isn't nearly as thick as it was years ago before I came off the birth control pill, but maybe someday it will get there again.

Thank you everyone for your support. Losing my hair last year was a traumatic experience and was scary and your kind words helped so much.

pes3108
February 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Wow, it looks great!!! Congratulations :D

Macaroni
February 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
You've doubled your thickness, it looks wonderful ♥

paper
February 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Your hair looks so much thicker and healthier, congratulations! :)

Colourful
February 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Very, very nice progress! Congrats on that! :)

sfgirl
February 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I'm so happy you're doing better. :) You look just as beautiful with the thinner hair though. :)

mzBANGBANG
February 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Holy thickness! Congrats on the growth, it's great!

MissHair
February 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
It looks alot thicker, congrats!

karli
February 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
It is looking good! Interesting with the pcos, I was diagnosed 20 years ago, never been treated..

theodora
February 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Congrats on your increase in thickness and recovering from the shed/PCOS. You have a lovely ponytail and I am sure your hair will continue to grow beautifully!

sarah061
February 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Wow, that's a lot thicker!! Yay! :)