PDA

View Full Version : Layered hair - How to braid

AGFE0914
January 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Last night I washed my hair and braided it instead of blow drying. I am on a non-heat diet and searching for styling techniques that don't involve heat. Thanks to my other posts I have a found many places to search (thank you to everyone who replied)

Anyhow, on to my question. My hair is layered and I braided it last night in 2 braids Pocahontas style. My hair looks nice this morning however the ends are straight while the rest is nice and wavy from the braids. Anyone have a trick to get the braids all the way down even though there are shorted sections of hair? I hope this questions makes sense.

wicked kisses
January 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Fold the shorter ends up, sorta like curling it around your finger, then put the hairband around the middle.
I used to go to the beauty salon to get my hair done, and they'd *always* want to layer it!! I hated that so much! Just keep hanging in.

Pierre
January 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I braid as far to the ends as I can, leaving 3-5 cm of unbraided ends, then fold them and clip the ends to the middles with mini Flexis, then put them up in buns or cross them over and hold them with larger Flexis. Once I sleep with braids, they stay braided for a few days, but that may not work for you.

AGFE0914
January 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Oooooh thanks wicked kisses. I love your hair pic :)

Pierre, I am going to try this I hope it is not to complex for me. I only need to braid at night when drying. I know I shouldn't sleep with my hair out but I can't help it. baby steps....

AGFE0914
January 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Too*. Typo is my middle name

Kelikea
January 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
You could put the ends of the braids in sponge rollers, and roll up to the shortest layer. or make more braids and braid the shorter parts together and the longer parts together.

AGFE0914
January 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you, I hope to become a braiding expert soon. Your hair is sooooo pretty!

jojo
January 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
My hairs not layered but maybe leaving a longer tail if there longer layers would help.

Welcome to LHC! :blossom:

AGFE0914
January 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hello JoJo,

You're hair is gorgeous! I never knew I could see so much beautiful hair in such few days.

A longer tail, as in the straight part? I want the "crimps" to go all the way down if possible. If the tail is the bottom of the the braid that wouldn't work huh? Sorry to sound so confused!

molly_grue
January 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
These are all such helpful tips!
I hate straight ends when the rest of my hair has braidwaves. I'm definitely going to try your method wicked_kisses.

Nae
January 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Check out this vid from our very own Torrinpaige. She shows how to get killer braid waves. I have tried this on myself and my daughters with wonderful success. (We used rag curls on the ends and Torrin uses sponge curls but same difference.) The curls stay for days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige#p/c/F3508F6411A91FDE/29/R0NMLSUICp4