PDA

View Full Version : beautiful dancer with ankle-length hair

sedonia
July 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Dear forum:

I thought some of you might enjoy watching Yasmin of Washington DC area, a wonderful Egyptian style belly dancer with beautiful ankle-length hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZnyMLG1tlA

crebbsgirl
July 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Wow, she's amazing! Thanks for sharing that sedonia! I've been interested in belly-dancing for awhile. I think I will try to take a class now. I'm off to research. :)

sibilum
July 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Whoa, that was great! Thanks for sharing! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
July 14th, 2008, 10:05 AM
OMGosh, what lovely hair!

Also the dress is to die for!

She is very talented also!

dor3girl
July 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing--great hair! The outfit seemed like it would be hard to dance in, though. ..

Robbi Dehlinger
July 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for sharing--great hair! The outfit seemed like it would be hard to dance in, though. ..

She seems to do a good job, though I always thot Beradi's wore scantier tops??

Faepirate
July 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM

Hee hee, I know some Raqs Sharqi teachers who would be glaring in disapproval right now. xD Many styles of bellydance are quite modest :) I think the scanty bellydance trend is more of a Western phenomenon but I may be wrong...

Robbi Dehlinger
July 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Dunno,

But her hair is LOVELY and very well-kept?

I guess most of the Beladi's I ever knew were from the Mediterrean areas?

thankyousir74
July 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
She was very good and controlled, maybe I'll look into belly dancing when I'm older...

sedonia
July 14th, 2008, 01:23 PM

She is performing a beledi style dance, which derives directly from the folk dances. Raqs beledi for the stage is generally done in some kind of dress-type costume rather than the belly dance bra-belt style costume. The dress can range from very traditional folkloric garb to very elegant evening dresses.

Amara
July 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM
The "scantier" costumes you're picturing are possibly Turkish, they've got the market cornered on skimpy! Heehee, unless you count American halloween "belly dance" costumes. Sigh!

God, my hair is only hip-ish and I have a major job ahead of me detangling after I dance. But I do a much more atheletic style of bellydance than she does. Maybe Egyptian is the way to go for easier hair care. Hahah!

SHELIAANN1969
July 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I couldn't get the video to load but I have seen her before, she is A-mazing!

I only wish I could move like that!!

There were links to "crazy hair dances" where the gals were whipping their necks/ heads / hair around and around in circles, I cannot imagine the tangles, and that I would be seriously motion sick as well. Yikes!

berr
July 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Very nice hair.

If you want some good core exercise belly dancing is quite fun. It's also difficult. My aerobics instructor does belly dance and sometimes incorporates it into the sessions. The instructor also does zumba. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Hxw_Jf2B4

They are fun ways to keep fit.

happymommy
July 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I've done Morroccan dance in the past and we wore floor length caftans with hip scarves on top for oomph.

The "Cabaret" style costume of bra and belt is mostly American, however the differences between dance styles are wide and varied.

Some styles consider floor work to be elegant and lovely. Others consider it degrading and dirty.

While many people view bellydance as a sultry art, I was taught to view it as a celebration of feminity and confidence in my body and it's natural grace of movement.

I once read this wonderful article on tribal customs of women gathering around a woman laboring in childbirth. The dance moves were designed to assist the body with the birthing process (think hip circles to widen the pelvis and belly rolls to move the baby down the birth canal) and all the women participated, joining the mother in a communal act of celebrating new life.

While I have no idea if it is true, I think it is a lovely possibility :)

enitsirk
July 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Very pretty dancing. I gotta say I prefer the skimpier outfits though :p

There's just something about belly dancing that doesn't show the belly that makes me go 'wha?'

NurseMama
July 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
She is lovely. Can you believe that she is 50 in this video? I hope that I can age that well.

AutumnLeaves
July 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM
How lovely to watch! Thanks for that link!

SweetPea88
July 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Wow, just amazing!

Ciel
July 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
gorgeous hair :)

Mandie
July 15th, 2008, 12:15 AM
If you watch a few of her other videos she has on the scantier clothing too. There's one with her in a red dress that just makes her look like a BOMBSHELL.

Beautiful hair -- and a wonderful stage presence.

nappywomyn
July 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Shes' 50!?!? Amazing, talented, beautiful and that hair! :thud: Just fabulous!

PseudoScot
July 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I thought the hair looked really nice [I also reaffirmed this sort of dance style isn't my thing] - but I am sure she did a nice job!

lookingglass
July 15th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Thank you so much for the link!

yrrebwartsymssi
July 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
wow her hair and dancing is amazing

Cinnamon.locks
July 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Ohh My! thanks for the heads up. beautiful hair, beautiful lady, beautiful dance! i love belly dancing and have been practicing for a few months now, love the way my body feels when i dance.

W. J. Maria
July 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Thank you for sharing that. The long slinky dress she had on is sort of unusual for bellydancing, but it goes well with the gorgeous hair.