PDA

View Full Version : Have you named your hair?

darklyndsea
January 5th, 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm curious if anybody else has given their hair a nickname. Because I've decided that my hair is Voldemort.

...What else are you supposed to call something that makes it look like you have another head sticking out of yours? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8988&pictureid=118200

Rhodugune
January 5th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Because I've decided that my hair is Voldemort.

What a great idea!
I laught so hard, had to share the fun with my bf and longhaired friend Jennie who's visiting. :cheese:
And now for some thinking, for clearly my hair needs a name too. :D

Gingevere
January 5th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hee hee, that's funny! I think I would have a hard time naming my hair since I feel like it's the essence of who I am. It's me. So I could really only name it after myself! Or maybe a different version of my name, perhaps... now there's an idea.

Kina
January 5th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I've never thought about it before, but it would have to be something like Rambo or Terminator.

My hair likes to go on the prowl and will attack unprovoked.

Makes riding public transportation hell.

Amber_Maiden
January 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM
haha!!! That's pretty funny!

Yes, I've named mine "The Weed".

ktani
January 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
LOL. I used to refer to mine as "Never the same twice", lol. Now I call it "Consistent".

When you find a routine you like, you can rename it.

Sushi144
January 5th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I'm a bit like McKanna : my hair are such a big part of my identity, I can't name it like if it was separated from me !

3azza
January 5th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hahahaha, that's very creative of you, i like it. I would call mine Medusa because some strands touch/crawl on my skin like a snake and i get freaked out because i wouldn't be expecting it to get in contact with my skin.

bumblebums
January 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
It has never occurred to me to name my hair.

But how about "Mr. Bigglesworth"?

Madora
January 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Years ago, I referred to my mane as "my mop", a la Jo March in "Little Women".

ArienEllariel
January 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I'm tempted to say Mrs. Bittles after this (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/016/0/c/Shrub_Monkeys_39_by_ktshy.jpg) comic strip. Not that my hair resembles that at all. ;)

Odyssey
January 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM
That is a cute little comic, I'd go to hell too. ^-^
I never thought of naming my hair, but "Trouble" comes to mind. It needs so much now that I'm learning how to care for it.

jacqueline101
January 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I call mine mop top

Annie44
January 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM
My husband calls me Featherhead. My hair is literally the consistency of whispy feathers. I never thought about it until he mentioned it, but it's completely accurate.

ALongSummerWind
January 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
To tell the truth I never thought of naming my hair but it sounds lovely to think of

Avital88
January 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
hahaha more than my blanket i never call it, or oh yes, my tent :) i can camp anywhere

Curly Hermione
January 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking maybe Dusty Mop, from that kids tv show with Hartley Hare my mum watched when she was little. :) I'm still not sure though...watch this space.

princessp
January 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
It has never occurred to me to name my hair.

But how about "Mr. Bigglesworth"?

Lol I love it! I've never named my hair, but I often say that when I was a kid I felt about my hair just as Hermione's was described in the first Harry Potter book. Anyone who remembers that passage from the book (not the film) likely knows what I mean. As if it preceded me, was bushy, and had a life of its own. So I wonder if I should call mine Hermione from henceforth. :p

SwordWomanRiona
January 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I sometimes refer to my ponytail as my "lioness tail" :D Because I'm a Leo!

Dragon Faery
January 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I haven't yet, but I fully intend to when the right name occurs to me!

Awesome thread. :)

darklyndsea
January 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Lol I love it! I've never named my hair, but I often say that when I was a kid I felt about my hair just as Hermione's was described in the first Harry Potter book. Anyone who remembers that passage from the book (not the film) likely knows what I mean. As if it preceded me, was bushy, and had a life of its own. So I wonder if I should call mine Hermione from henceforth. :p
Does this mean that my hair would try to kill your hair if we ever met? :laugh:

princessp
January 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Does this mean that my hair would try to kill your hair if we ever met? :laugh:

It appear so...En Garde!:whip:

darklyndsea
January 6th, 2012, 04:53 PM
It appear so...En Garde!:whip:

:luke:I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog too! ...Wait, wrong movie. Um...avada kedavra! There we go.

jojo
January 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
A teacher used to call me Tatty head, maybe he had a crystal ball in his brief case, so thats what I will call mine "Tatty head"

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I've only named it in the middle of hard updos that my hair won't cooperate in, and I called it bitch. :p

MissManda
January 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
My hair gave me a headache today, so I think I will name it Sasha Painen-Diaz. :p

silverjen
January 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hee. On good hair days it's My Hair. When it misbehaves it's The Hair.

princessp
January 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
:luke:I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog too! ...Wait, wrong movie. Um...avada kedavra! There we go.
Lol! :magic::tmi::couch::run:

Hollyfire3
January 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I sometimes refer to my ponytail as my "lioness tail" :D Because I'm a Leo!

Lol, i saw Leo and though Charmed (the TV) show i LOVE him, (actually i think Piper is a LEO, oh the irony...lol) I think Leo is a good name for my hair because it mean Lion and my hair poofs like a lions mane and is thick like one. But, i might name it Piper, because i like the name Piper and i want it to look like her hair, despite the puffyness...

battles
January 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM
My hair is part of me, and I don't think it needs a name.

PixxieStix
January 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM
You know, I haven't thought of naming my hair, I named my car, my computer, and my bird, but not my hair yet. When it gets long again, I'm sure it will earn its own name.

MissManda, I like the name you came up with, very scientific. ;)

Foxy_Booker
January 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I did not name my hair purposely, but my hair has adopted the title, "my precious",

and the individual hairs are my "little precious's".