PDA

View Full Version : No Cones?

PennyLaneDream
January 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm new here so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question/in the wrong section but I've always wondered: what exactly are cones? and why are they bad for your hair?

NativeGirl
January 5th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cones are silicones that are in various hair products. They aren't necessarily bad for your hair. It depends on the person and their hair type. I find that my hair does better with cones. I like the slip I get with cones, and my hair is less likely to tangle.

LadyCelestina
January 5th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I remember a good article about cones at naturallycurly.com,just type "cones"into the search bar and it should pop in.

They aren't bad for hair.They give slip,smoothness,shine + in my experience coney products smell better.

Some might just not like the overall effects on their hair and/or the need to use a surfactant to remove cones.:o

PennyLaneDream
January 5th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks! very helpfull! I had a sudden fear that I was ruining my hair by using cones but now I guess I can relax :p

HintOfMint
January 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
If you feel like experimenting with some of the techniques here, such as CWC, or with certain oils or deep treatments, it helps to go cone-free to prevent the kind of buildup that is more likely with silicone products.

Of course, not all silicone products build up, and some cone-free products build up pretty bad and some members manage LHC techniques with coney products.

In any case, it's worth experimenting.